Trunk

Cottage Cheese + Flax Seed Oil

Cottage cheese mixed with flax seed oil.

Try it. I dare you. (And post your results here. :) )

Either just stirred together or super-duper-blended together per The Official Protocol.

• Like 3

I eat cottage cheese often. Sometimes straight from the tub and other times well seasoned with spicey seasoning. Haven't tried it with flax seed oil. I don't add things that give it a sweetened flavor though. Berries will sometimes go into my yogurt though.

I has some live yoghurt from our refectory today that had cold arabian-style really thick coffee at the bottom and top of the pot.

Just about half a little finger thickness depth both ends.

That was nice.

Cottage cheese I love, we eat a lot of it; but maybe not with oil.

Edited by GrandmasterP

There's some sort of chemical reaction between the cottage cheese and the flax oil that makes it go really deep. I've never had *any* sort of results w/ flax like how this is effecting me.

• Like 1

Nice article. I noticed this:

"In Germany in 1952 she was the Central Governments Senior Expert for fats and pharmaceutical drugs. Shes considered one of the worlds leading authorities on fats and oils. Her research has shown the tremendous effects that commercially processed fats and oils have in destroying cell membranes and lowering the voltage in the cells of our bodies, which then result in chronic and terminal disease. What we have forgotten is that we are body electric.

The cells of our body fire electrically. They have a nucleus in the center of the cell which is positively charged, and the cell membrane, which is the outer lining of the cell, is negatively charged. We are all aware of how fats clog up our veins and arteries, and are the leading cause of heart attacks, but we never looked beyond the end of our noses to see how these very dangerous fats and oils are affecting the overall health of our minds and bodies at the cellular level.

Dr Budwig discovered that when unsaturated fats have been chemically treated that their unsaturated qualities are destroyed and the field of electrons removed. This Commercial Processing of fats destroys the field of electrons that the cell membranes (60-75 trillion cells) in our bodies must have to fire properly (i.e. function properly).

The fats ability to associate with protein and thereby to achieve water solubility in the fluids of the living bodyall this is destroyed. As Dr Budwig put it, the battery is dead because the electrons in these fats and oils recharge it. When the electrons are destroyed the fats are no longer active and cannot flow into the capillaries and through the fine capillary networks. This is when circulation problems arise.

Without the proper metabolism of fats in our bodies every vital function and every organ is affected. This includes the generation of new life and new cells. Our bodies produce over 500 million new cells daily. Dr Budwig points out that in growing new cells, there is a dipolarity between the electrically positive nucleus and the electrically negative cell membrane with its high unsaturated fatty acids. During cell division the cell and new daughter cell must contain enough electron rich fatty acids in the cells surface area to divide off completely from the old cell. When this process is interrupted the body begins to die. In essence, these commercially processed fats and oils are shutting down the electrical field of the cells allowing chronic and terminal diseases to take hold of our bodies.

A very good example would be tumors. Dr Budwig noted that The formation of tumors usually happens as follows. In those body areas which normally host many growth processes, such as in the skin and membranes, the glandular organs, for example, the liver and pancreas or the glands in the stomach and intestinal tractit is here that the growth processes are brought to a stand still. Because the dipolarity is missing, due to the lack of electron rich highly unsaturated fat, the course of growth is disturbedthe surface-active fats are not present; the substance becomes inactive before the maturing and shedding process of the cells ever takes place, which results in the formation of tumors.

She pointed out that this can be reversed by providing the simple foods, cottage cheese and flax seed oil, which revises the stagnated growth processes. This naturally causes the tumor or tumors present to dissolve and the whole range of symptoms which indicate a dead battery are cured. Dr Budwig did not believe in the use of growth inhibiting treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation. She was quoted as saying I flat declare that the usual hospital treatments today, in a case of tumorous growth, most certainly leads to worsening of the disease or a speedier death, and in healthy people, quickly causes cancer.

This is Qi.

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 3

I would suggest the full movie: Forks over Knives

And the book "The China Study"

Also:

Are you confused?

By Paavo Airola (Jan 12, 2013)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Cottage cheese mixed with flax seed oil.

Try it. I dare you. (And post your results here. :) )

Either just stirred together or super-duper-blended together per The Official Protocol.

Interesting theory. B)

There's some sort of chemical reaction between the cottage cheese and the flax oil that makes it go really deep. I've never had *any* sort of results w/ flax like how this is effecting me.

One possible substitution though is Camelina or Hemp oil for Flax oil. Because, as she

, polyunsaturated fats oxidize and degrade very quickly on their own.

Now, some oils come from plants bundled with a lot of antioxidants, that help preserve them and extend their shelf life. But Flax oil contains very little antioxidants and so most of it is already oxidized in their bottles on the shelves.. Not to mention, it contains a lot of phytoestrogens (lignans) - which may have various effects..

Whereas, Camelina oil still has a high Omega 3 content - yet a much longer shelf life...

Picture9.jpg

Note: I would only consume polyunsaturated (and maybe even all) fats fresh & raw - NOT use them for cooking. Yes, this is completely contrary to mainstream practice...but that doesn't mean it's healthy or scientifically sound.. :D

At 160°C you start getting heat damage. Basically, if you put oil in a frying pan without water in it, the oil will over-heat. Frying is an absolutely health-destroying habit no matter what oil you use. My view is use water to cook with, just like people did before the oil industry was invented.

If oils start oxidizing merely from exposure to light, air & heat...what do you think happens when you cook with it?

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

I would suggest the full movie: Forks over Knives

And the book "The China Study"

I hate to take a perfectly good thread about the benefits of eating cottage cheese mixed with flax oil and turn it into a debate about vegetarianism, but I hear about that pesky "China Study" and I just can´t help myself. (Perhaps it´s all that meat I´ve been eating.)

Anyway, for those interested in a critical take on the science behind said China study there´s this--

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/

As explained by Dr. Michael Greger's video, many vegetarians currently cancel out most of their plant-based benefits with a few critical errors. Namely, they eat too many processed/cooked/oxidized Omega 6, and not enough Omega 3, fats and are very deficient in B12.

The way to correct these is relatively simple (yet CRUCIAL!!!):

1) Eat more Omega 3 fats and try to limit maximum Omega 6 consumption to 4X that of Omega 3s. Aside from a few oils (camelina, hemp, krill, fish), green leafy vegetables, seaweed and purslane are also very high in Omega 3s!

Purslane has the highest amount of heart-healthy omega-3 fats of any edible plant, according to researchers at the University of Texas at San Antonio. The scientists also report that this herb has 10 to 20 times more melatonin—an antioxidant that may inhibit cancer growth—than any other fruit or vegetable tested.

2) Fats are healthiest unprocessed and unoxidized. Oxidizing or hydrogenating them can create harmful mutagens, carcinogens, etc. In particular, polyunsaturated fats are the most easily oxidized (like when used as cooking oils) - so its best to consume them fresh and raw instead. They should also be stored in the refrigerator to retard oxidation.

3) Take a regular B12 supplement to help metabolize homocysteine, a vasculotoxin/neurotoxin that leads to atherosclerosis.

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

I've found the source documents on this:

The Budwig Center (lots of free info online, testimonials, etc)

Two key books in english (many more in german):

1. Flax Oil As a True Aid Against Arthritis Heart Infarction Cancer and Other Diseases (3rd Edition)

2. The Oil-Protein Diet Cookbook

I've gotten such very strong positive reaction in my body that I'm getting more serious about this diet. Ordered both books.

• Like 1

Trunk, could you provide a sample recipe from the book? Or what the basic ratio of flax oil to cottage cheese is?

edit> Here's what I dug up. From http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/budwig-diet-flaxoil-quark-mix.html (as always seeker beware, this is apparently viewed as controversial by some, though I can't see what harm it could do. Especially viewed as complimentary nutrition, not instead of convention treatment)

"As mentioned, the basis of Dr. Budwig’s diet or protocol is the ingestion of a special oil-protein mixture in the form of organic cold-pressed flaxseed oil plus cottage cheese or quark*. In fact, the Budwig diet is often mistakenly believed to be just about “flaxseed oil and cottage cheese”, likely a major reason why many may feel hesitant to more deeply research it due to its sounding simplistic and hence unbelievable. The fact is that Dr. Budwig was a brillant scientist whose ground-breaking discoveries in the field of human health still await proper recognition. See Who Was Dr. Johanna Budwig?.

* Quark is a dairy product readily available in German-speaking countries made from various types of milk and roughly similar to cottage cheese. Dr. Budwig used quark because quark is a traditional food item in Germany, inexpensively sold at every corner and used in a wide variety of dishes, sweet, salty, in baking etc. Cottage cheese (Hüttenkäse) is a relatively recent import (I would estimate it was introduced in the late 60s) and isn't even remotely as popular as quark.

Preparation of the Budwig diet flaxseed oil plus cottage cheese/quark mix

This is how the Budwig diet mix is prepared: for each tablespoon of flaxseed oil, add 2 tablespoons of low-fat cottage cheese (or quark). The flaxoil/cottage cheese (quark) mixture should be fully blended until no traces of oil remain visible, proving that the highly unsaturated fatty acids have become water soluble (a hand-held mixer or a blender works well when you add some milk as suggested by Dr. Budwig).

For those who like to go into even more detail: using a measuring tablespoons of 15 ml, the flaxseed oil/cottage cheese (or quark) ratio is about 1:2 by volume (going by weight, the flaxseed oil/cottage cheese [or quark] ratio is about 1:2.4). It seems preferable to rather use a bit more cottage cheese (or quark) than too little. Dr. Budwig used 42 g flaxseed oil (3 tblsp) mixed with 100 g quark in her breakfast muesli, a central part of her diet.

Low-fat yoghurt and yoghurt quark

Since organic cottage cheese may be hard to find, and if available, may possibly be cost-prohibitive for many, you also have the (less optimal) option of using yogurt. If yogurt is used, 3 times as much yogurt as cottage cheese is required (i.e. for each tablespoon of flaxseed oil, add 6 tablespoons of yogurt) and even then it may not be as effective as cottage cheese/quark because it lacks the protein density of cottage cheese and may not fully mix with flaxseed oil."

I make various colorful shakes. Green-avocado/spinach, orange-whole clementine/banana, brown.. I wonder how I could incorporate this into a shake? Shouldn't be too hard to play around with. Maybe add milk, banana, cinammon and sweetener to it and wallah done.

• Like 2

Trunk, could you provide a sample recipe from the book? Or what the basic ratio of flax oil to cottage cheese is?

The ratio is flax 1: cottage 2

I suggest doing it at a small "supplement" or "snack" size:

So, more or less like this:

1 tablespoon flax oil + 2 tablespoons cottage cheese

stir (simply w/ a spoon/fork)

eat

:)

For starters, it's that simple.

Nuthin' fancy.

I find that if I make meal-sized portions every day then I end up eating a *lot* of cottage cheese, and a *lot* of flax oil... not really interested in that. Scale it back to just supplement portion.

There's a free 73 page pdf from the Budwig Center that I just printed out.

p.s.

When my friend told me about it she just said, "flax oil and cottage cheese, there's something about the chemistry of mixing them". And the next time I had cottage cheese I just poured some flax oil on it, stirred and ate. BAM! Huge result. So I did it several more times over days and got major results. Finally googled it and find there's all these books and things, but my point is, you can start as simple as that. (And maybe all this reading is unnecessary; I don't know yet.)

• Like 2

Good enough results that I'm getting more serious about this:

went to Target and bought a small immersion blender to blend the cottage cheese + flax oil.

... reading the pdf, integrating more.

• Like 1

got some flax today, organic cold pressed $11.99 for I believe 12 oz. I'll try it in mini blender and see how it tastes tonight. Probably put in some cinnamon, maybe a little milk if its not blending up. Later experiment w/ half a banana and some blue berries.

• Like 1

Trunk, very interesting. Glad to hear. Would you share more about your positive benefits? Either here or via PM?

In no particular order:

1. I feel like the oil becomes hyper-absorbable by my body. Hot dry places that've been hard to get to, just soak it up! And I've had plenty of flax oil (and various other friendly oils) on it's own before.

2. I feel stronger, maybe like protein is getting absorbed super-efficiently?

3. Increased blood circulation, most noticably in a number of places that have been long-time-stuck for me. Those places seem to be receiving some deep healing. And it's not like I've never tried any other modality, lol.

4. Occasional detox feeling, like trapped heat is coming out of stuck areas, sometimes I sweat a little. Also I feel my body is working deeply on repairing those areas that were walled off. While I generally feel stronger, sometimes I need to take a nap. I've made sure that I'm taking vitamins/minerals/aminos... I want to make sure my body has what it needs to repair, re-build. Probably important to drink lots of fluids between meals.

Wonder if cod liver oil could be substituted for the flax oil.

No idea. This is all new to me.

p.s.

I've been reading the pdf, and I'd say that their understanding of Chinese medicine is abysmal. Just from that, I don't trust this diet/protocol as a whole (could even be injurious for some imo), but find the cottage cheese + flax oil mixture an amazing find.

• Like 1

Wonder if cod liver oil could be substituted for the flax oil.

Read the pdf. it says there that you can.

Or substitute with:
2 US Tbs of whey protein (Solgar cold processed brand) in water, juice or almond or oat milk , together with 3 capsules of Cod Liver Oil
(optional add 1 US Tbs of Grape Seed Oil and 1 US Tbs of Hemp Oil... use only cold pressed unrefined oils).
  • Like 1

I'm waiting for them to come out with dairy free cottage cheese ;). My body doesn't like dairy much, in any form (even yogurt).

p.s.

I've been reading the pdf, and I'd say that their understanding of Chinese medicine is abysmal. Just from that, I don't trust this diet/protocol as a whole (could even be injurious for some imo), but find the cottage cheese + flax oil mixture an amazing find.

Repeating the above. *rolls eyes*

They use enough ginger to kill a horse. Their application of yin ~ yang is *way* too simplistic and *way* too extreme: dangerous. Not just 'risky', but almost certain to cause harm, imo.

Also, the protocol is written for trying to cure cancer. I doubt that any of us have cancer.

Also, the protocol is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the situation, *many* modalities.

I'm not through reading the pdf, but just from so far, I'd say that very little of it applies to us. Could be that the cottage cheese + flax oil is the one gem from this that we can use.

This mixture uncovers stuck~injured places ... resulting in detox and exposed owies inside ...

- eat *really* clean, (or you'll feel it more than usual)

- drink plenty fluids to help flush

- whatever supplements (vits, minerals, etc) to help re-build those places

... all important imo

I tried cottage cheese + cod liver oil + hemp oil this morning: definitely works.

I hate to take a perfectly good thread about the benefits of eating cottage cheese mixed with flax oil and turn it into a debate about vegetarianism, but I hear about that pesky "China Study" and I just can´t help myself. (Perhaps it´s all that meat I´ve been eating.)

Anyway, for those interested in a critical take on the science behind said China study there´s this--

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/

It is probably not possible to find someone who ate more cottage cheese than me - at least in my heyday. It is the perfect delivery mechanism for hot sauces of all types!

But that "pesky" China Study and Forks Over Knives have not been debunked. I had Angina a few years ago, I do not have it now thanks to the reversing effects that I learned from these two studies/diets.

Oh, I´m not saying that a vegetarian or vegan diet might not be best for you personally. Or even that it might not be an improvement for a lot of folks. Depends a lot, I would think, on what you were eating before. A clean plant-based diet is certainly better than a really junkie diet that includes meat, no question.

If you´ve found what works for you and are happy with it there´s certainly no reason to delve into the science unless you wanted to. But a personal anecdote, while interesting, proves very little. I have a personal anecdote of my own. While I´m not doing great with my paleo meat-based diet at the moment, when I switched to a grain-free paleo diet (and started doing all my cooking in lard by the way) I cured a blood pressure problem of decades duration. The fact that meat-based paleo cured my hypertension doesn´t prove the China study wrong, any more than a plant-based diet curing your angina proves the China study right.

If reading The China Study led you to make changes that resulted in health improvements than it was obviously a worthwhile read for you. And I can see why you´d want to recommend it to others. Again though, that doesn´t mean the conclusions the author draws are justified by the data collected.

Gosh, I´m kind of repeating myself here. Obviously this is a bit of a hot botton for me. I guess I find the debate "pesky" because I realize I´m in the minority camp, and I´d rather (neurotically, I grant you) that more people agreed with me. Even people who are big meat eaters and don´t intend to go veg anytime soon often think in their heart of hearts that vegetarianism is more healthy. Not because they´ve really looked into it so much, more that the culture generally leans that way.

(Also, the moral superiority thing some vegetarians go in for I find pesky. I don´t consider myself morally superior to vegetarians but many --not all-- consider themselves morally superior to me. Probably I shouldn´t care but I´ve got to admit that being told I lack compassion, am a "murderer" etc, gets on my nerves.)

By the way, Spotless, I hesitate to disagree with you so adamantly here because for the most part I have so much respect for your point of view. Being a guy who mostly shys away from controversy (although perhaps you wouldn´t know it from my online persona) I hesitate to contradict you. Like I say though, the whole vegetarian thing is kind of a hot button for me and I didn´t want to be silent.

Liminal.

Edited by liminal_luke

Just made and ate some flax & cottage cheese 1% fat. Blended 2 tablespoons oil w/ 6 cottage cheese. Had to add a tablespoon of milk to get smoother blend. Drank about 2/3rds.

Nice yogurt-like consistency, but didn't taste good. Like a butter milk base for a dressing.

I just tried it. Didn't read all the links and video, but twice as much cottage cheese as flax seed oil, stirred til emulsified, topped with luscious non-supermarket strawberries fresh picked from the yard. Tasty, pretty much like regular cottage cheese. Now I am waiting for genetic activation and strength. As long as it doesn't make my gray hair go away, it should be fine. Have decided all this marketing to make women do things not to look older is crap. This gray streak that has grown in front of my hair since I stopped putting chemicals on my head to hide it is awesome. People have become much more polite and even offer to help me carry heavy things, which I usually turn down, because even though I don't have strength I like the exercise. It also seems to have improved my powers of invisibility in certain situations. But, now as I go to work in yard to get some more good food growing, am hoping for the power of strength. Will drink a glass of water first.

• Like 2