Hello im wondering if anyone on the forum knows of any masters or skilled teachers that are in Vancouver B.C. Canada. Im going to be moving down to the city to go to school and would like to immerse myself more in the internal arts. My goal being I want to integrate the old with the new and supplement my boxing/wrestling (mma training) as well as develop healing abilities along the way. Currently I practice Zazen meditation and the spring forest qigong level 1 standing exercises.

If you are looking for neidan and taiji perhaps you can try to contact

http://www.northerndao.org/

from the wuliupai and yuxianpai lineages.

Actually I want some information from Yu Xian Pai.

As I read it is Ma Yu one of Wang Chongyang disciple.

So it is a subsect of Quanzhen Pai.

• Like 1

I emailed northern dao 2 weeks back and received no reply back. So im not sure about it but I think this upcoming week ill try giving them a call. It definitely seems promising though, coming from an actual taoist lineage. I've wanted to seek out taoist school similar to Longman Pai for awhile now but im not ready to make that kind of long term commitment and travel at the moment. Need to get an education and find a stable career first then go from there.

• Like 3

The Russian site of the Wuliupai has some information about it. Perhaps you already know it.

I don't know if there is information about others branches/teachers around the world or its Chinese organization, as it seems to be a public lineage perhaps Chinese fluent taobumers can find more information about it.

http://www.windchasesthemoon.com/

I know a disciple of this teacher. My friend is already quite accomplished in internal cultivation, and looks up greatly to Eric Tuttle. He once showed me a long video of Tuttle sparring with other martial artists from a variety of brutal external styles, and it was truly amazing to see (no link, sorry... it was on my friend's computer). Apparently his qigong training is also very extensive. If I were in BC, his school would be my first stop.

• Like 2

Sorry, I've missed this thread somehow. Yes, Yu Xian Pai is considered to be a sub-sect of Quanzhen Dao, but what we learn from the current lineage holder is much beyond the scope of Wang Chongyang's legacy, and the methods we practice are more close to the Southern school then to the Northern method of Quanzhen. The main difference is in Ming methods. Again, no sitting meditation for the entire day as in other Quanzhen's modern uproots.

• Like 1

but what we learn from the current lineage holder is much beyond the scope of Wang Chongyang's legacy,

Can you expand on that?

Can you expand on that?

Wang taught a method that had some differences from the ancient methods of Dao, he has added things from Buddhism and Confucianism, to help people at that hard time. Such method is referred as "Northern method". Ma Danyang has learnt that, but he also has learnt Ming methods of the Southern school. That's why what we learn now is beyond the scope of the original Northern method. Also Yu Xian Pai school has acquired some other practices during last centuries, so now the curriculum covers many interesting areas like healing arts or even taijiquan.

• Like 1