Sign in to follow this  
Tibetan_Ice

Journey to Certainty - Anyen Rinpoche

http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Certainty-Quintessence-Dzogchen-Exploration-ebook/dp/B008BSV3NQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1400253207&sr=1-1&keywords=journey+to+certainty

Is this a good book?

I would like to understand more about the three kinds of rigpa and how to distinguish and work with them..

Thanks

For me, it's a great book. I'm currently reading it for the second time.

To be clear, it is not and does not include a translation of Mipham's masterpiece. It is Anyen Rinpoche guiding the reader through Mipham's Beacon in his own words, section by section, which is indispensable. Anyen makes the challenging material much more accessible and helps everyone but the most experienced reader to understand many obscure and subtle references in the original that would otherwise be elusive. This is a work that will reward thoughtful and repeated study, IMO. It's one of the few books that have actually had a direct and immediate effect on the quality of my practice.

As always, YMMV.

You need a teacher for that. Can't be learned from a book.

As stated, while it is a brilliant work (both the Beacon and Anyen's interpretation) it is no substitute for direct introduction and instruction from a living master. It presumes one has had direct introduction and is intended to stabilize and induce confidence in view and practice.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this