Sign in to follow this  
Goufae

Hello all

Nice to be here, it looks to be a very interesting place. I am a real human, I don't think that has ever been questioned, a bot would have much better teeth than I do. In my spare time I enjoy long distance running to an almost obsessive degree :-)

• Like 1

Hello and welcome. take care regarding the obsession with long distance running. The knees don't like it.

You are now free to post on the forum but please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all you need be aware of when getting started.

Take care,

Chang

Welcome to TTB. Looking forward to your contributions Goufae. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Thank you for the welcome messages and for the concern regarding my knees :-) Chi running technique helps ensure all is well in that regard. Now to familiarise myself with The Tao Bums

So what's your background in Taoism? Passing interest? A study in the healing or martial arts? Philosophy? Spirituality?

Hi Student, thanks for the question. I suppose I'd call it a philosophical interest more than anything but I feel the spiritual side is starting to develop within me. Taoism always struck a chord with me whenever I read about it and so over the years I've made a point of being open to finding out more about it, allowing bits and pieces to filter through rather than striving to learn. I joined the British Taoist Association a couple of years back and later this year will attend one of their meditation retreats to see where that takes me.

Hi Student, thanks for the question. I suppose I'd call it a philosophical interest more than anything but I feel the spiritual side is starting to develop within me. Taoism always struck a chord with me whenever I read about it and so over the years I've made a point of being open to finding out more about it, allowing bits and pieces to filter through rather than striving to learn. I joined the British Taoist Association a couple of years back and later this year will attend one of their meditation retreats to see where that takes me.

...I read this in a South Park voice... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this