skydog

Spirit animals

They come to help guide one

In certain situations

If one lets go and follow the light in their heart/soul etc

Then one may encounter challenging situations.

But the situations

Make you very yin

Which is neccessary to create yang

Trying to force and take action and ignore the light in the heart too much

Takes away the light

The animals come to me almost like they are given and come at certain times

I dont really care what anyone who read something in a book says

This is my experience.

• Like 2

I have immense respect and love for the animal spirits.

Red Tail Hawk is my totem spirit and has been my constant companion this life.

Cat

Ram

Raven

Wolf

Owl

Blackbird

Eagle

Serpent

Bear

Hummingbird

Otter

Have all brought me strong medicine and aid/support when needed or requested.

Recently Heron has figured prominently in my thoughts. Patience and focus, with the ability to sit and allow its eyes to adjust to the mirror/illusion of the surface of the water in order to pierce accurately to what lies beneath and is the goal.

• Like 1

I was told mine is a lion cub....but I also have a monkey as a secondary or something?

But that I should visualise the lion cub at times of anxiety amd aggression to help me calm down.

I was told this by a practicing shaman, so I took it with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

Ive observed crows omen-like at certain pivotal junctures , so I considered them as such.. I dont know how anyone gets totems other than being born into a clan , or I guess a shaman would let you in on yours,, but then if you didnt know about it to begin with , then I guess its not a very helpful-talkative one...

I dont suppose any of the shaman types want to have a thread to determine what each responder has, as a totem or spirit guide.... which would be a cool service.

• Like 2

I think our totem animals come and go with necessity.

I've had odd experiences with herons - I'm a seer so I think this is why the herons appear. What an incredible seer a heron is - have you ever watched one of those birds fish? What accurate aim they have to have to catch their fish. Their vision must be impeccable.

One day I was driving down the 101 Fwy in California and a heron kept pace with my car. He was eye level with me, he was flying over the center divider of the freeway, very low. We maintained eye contact for some time (at least to the degree that I felt was safe!) It was incredibly strange to see a heron doing that - but I figure it was part of the synchronicity and I realized the connection of a heron to a seer. I now have a small statue of a heron in my healing bag.

It's a question of seeing what the developed character traits of the animal are and utilizing and bolstering those desirable traits within ourselves. Sometimes it's helpful to ask "why am I manifesting this?" when an animal appears in an unusual setting - the appearance of the animal can help explain the reason for the unusual setting, or help explain something else going on in our lives. It's a question of figuring out what the animal is best at, what traits they've developed.

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing

In regards to Stosh.

Ive never really tried to see or seen person with an animal spirits.

I feel energy more than see it, Once I saw a spirit but found it pretty shocking, so I think the ability got taken away.

Only a few times have I done a painting for someone and "given them an animal"

Which happened in a non doing way.

Also Im not sure everyone has one, some people are more naturey, some people like the angels stuff, so maybe different people receive different guides I dont know.

But interesting reply by Manitou thanks for sharing

and yeh Ive had like 12 different animals in the last six months I had the bear for 3 months, the lion, the dragon, the eagle, the toad, the tiger, the white tiger, the phoenix

Thanks for sharing

In regards to Stosh.

Ive never really tried to see or seen person with an animal spirits.

I feel energy more than see it, Once I saw a spirit but found it pretty shocking, so I think the ability got taken away.

Only a few times have I done a painting for someone and "given them an animal"

Which happened in a non doing way.

Also Im not sure everyone has one, some people are more naturey, some people like the angels stuff, so maybe different people receive different guides I dont know.

But interesting reply by Manitou thanks for sharing

and yeh Ive had like 12 different animals in the last six months I had the bear for 3 months, the lion, the dragon, the eagle, the toad, the tiger, the white tiger, the phoenix

That sounds like quite a large number of totems Skydog.

Im fine with just one, which seems to suggest itself to me,

rather than me selecting something else than my crows.

In considering them ,vs picking from amongst other things ,

I have a different regard.

They arent buddies or pets , they arent familiars or idealizations of what I'd think I'd best be like.

But I do stop and consider their significance when it strikes me that the situation is somehow odd.

I do see just plain crows all the time and I do enjoy watching them goof around on gusty days ,or how they ,,sort of,, just close their wings and drop onto their feet rather than flare thier wings to land gently...

but the odd ones stand out , flagging to me what is going on,,,

that there is something happening or about to happen which I should be more cognizant of.

• Like 1

In the Castaneda world, the crows are the messengers.

When Castaneda was first confronted with his path, a crow appeared. it did all sorts of weird gyrations, and the nagual Don Juan Mateus made fun of Castaneda because he didn't recognize that the crow was trying to get his attention.

My partner Joe and I had exactly the same thing happen. We were camping in a campground just above Santa Barbara, and a crow started dancing (over in the next vacant camping site) - he was fluttering his wings, flexing his wings out weirdly and acting in ways we'd never seen before - especially strange because we're birders and pretty familiar with birdie behavior. This went on for quite some time. it was shortly after this event (when joe and I first started reading the Castaneda series) when 'our' crow did this - we read about Castaneda's crow shortly thereafter, and we entered Castaneda's path.

A few months later (same campground) we had taken a lady friend up camping with us at Rancho Oso. We were going to do a healing ceremony on her, deep healing - because she had lost her twin sister several years back. Our friend Pam was unable to shed the depression from the loss of her sister. she was saving all of her sister's old clothing in a separate closet in her house and was unable to cut anything loose.

I had Pam bring an item of her sister's clothing for the purpose of burning it. We consecrated an area with our staffs, we had Pam lay face down on the earth. We performed a ceremony, and as the fire burned the dress of Pam's sister, suddenly approximately 60 or 70 crows appeared - they were shrieking, sitting in the trees, and watching us. it was the most unholy sound I've ever heard in my life, lol.

Hey, maybe they just didn't like the fire. But when you live in the World of the Weird on a daily basis, things like this become somewhat ordinary.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 3

But I do stop and consider their significance when it strikes me that the situation is somehow odd.

This is the key, according to don Juan Mateus. Look for the odd situation and interpret it.

• Like 1

Edited by skydog

Our world is always in communication.

We can cultivate and tap into the awareness which tunes this into daily/practical consciousness.

• Like 1

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Edited by GrandmasterP

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Thats a nice image.

• Like 1

In the Castaneda world, the crows are the messengers.

When Castaneda was first confronted with his path, a crow appeared. it did all sorts of weird gyrations, and the nagual Don Juan Mateus made fun of Castaneda because he didn't recognize that the crow was trying to get his attention.

My partner Joe and I had exactly the same thing happen. We were camping in a campground just above Santa Barbara, and a crow started dancing (over in the next vacant camping site) - he was fluttering his wings, flexing his wings out weirdly and acting in ways we'd never seen before - especially strange because we're birders and pretty familiar with birdie behavior. This went on for quite some time. it was shortly after this event (when joe and I first started reading the Castaneda series) when 'our' crow did this - we read about Castaneda's crow shortly thereafter, and we entered Castaneda's path.

A few months later (same campground) we had taken a lady friend up camping with us at Rancho Oso. We were going to do a healing ceremony on her, deep healing - because she had lost her twin sister several years back. Our friend Pam was unable to shed the depression from the loss of her sister. she was saving all of her sister's old clothing in a separate closet in her house and was unable to cut anything loose.

I had Pam bring an item of her sister's clothing for the purpose of burning it. We consecrated an area with our staffs, we had Pam lay face down on the earth. We performed a ceremony, and as the fire burned the dress of Pam's sister, suddenly approximately 60 or 70 crows appeared - they were shrieking, sitting in the trees, and watching us. it was the most unholy sound I've ever heard in my life, lol.

Hey, maybe they just didn't like the fire. But when you live in the World of the Weird on a daily basis, things like this become somewhat ordinary.

That IS weird :)

The oddities I encounter just arent dramatic like that , but Id have to agree that ,,Yeah, after a while you take it for granted ,, at least I do , mainly because I cant see any direct way to apply or prove it. The rational mind poo-poohs it , which isnt all that wrong either, while my intuitive mind may incorporate it despite that. I just dont lay wagers without consulting both.

Magpies here.

I always 'salute' magpies whenever I see them.

Very wise bird your magpie.

Doesn't do to offend them.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

From wikipedia

One of the earliest versions to extend this was published, with variations, in M. A. Denham's Proverbs and Popular Saying of the Seasons (London, 1846)

• One for sorrow,
  • Two for luck; (or mirth)
  • Three for a wedding,
  • Four for death; (or birth)
  • Five for silver,
  • Six for gold;
  • Seven for a secret,
  • Not to be told;
  • Eight for heaven,
  • Nine for [hell]
  • And ten for the d[evi]l's own sell!
  • [3]On occasion, jackdaws, crows, and other Corvidae are associated with the rhyme, particularly in America where magpies are less common.[4]

Idont know what that ten count means.

Or what 70 means for that matter.

Edited by Stosh

Magpies are all reincarnated French dudes who stole stuff last time around.

This is a well known fact amongst the old country people here.

Hence one must salute all seen magpies in French thusly....

" Bonjour Pi. Et comment ca va avec votre enfants."

To see one is potentially good, to see two is better.

However to see one exiting an open window with your watch or jewellery in its beak is seldom a good thing.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I dont understand the 'big cat' rescue link.

I also consider keeping lions and tigers so close to folks homes in cages umm a bad idea.

( I excuse the issue for the smaller species - for various reasons)

Though I understand the positive motivations some of the ramifications of how things work out dont strike me as well considered , an example of such more familiar is the sheltering of literally millions of unwanted domestic cats , I love my own cat , mind you, but just caging everything up somewhere isnt a fully considered answer, IMO.

Magpies are all reincarnated French dudes who stole stuff last time around.

This is a well known fact amongst the old country people here.

Hence one must salute all seen magpies in French thusly....

" Bonjour Pi. Et comment ca va avec votre enfants."

To see one is potentially good, to see two is better.

However to see one exiting an open window with your watch or jewellery in its beak is seldom a good thing.

Is that really a polite question to ask over there ?

It sounds like its got some really insulting possible connotations ..

but then

We are talking about the French..

;)

I love this so much. Having had to put my 30 year old horse down, this particular image was the only thing that got me through it at the time. I add my Dad in there, in the pasture, and he's feeding all the horses, dogs, and cats.

• Like 1

I always like to read up on what the animals do though its kind of intuitive and with experience I get to know what the medicine does, and i dont claim to be more experienced than I am with this

ar is the epitome of the protective mother. She represents your hidden strength. Bear says to look inward in order to know ones
self. Her medicine awakens the power of the unconscious. Bear’s cycle of power is the spring and summer.

Bears are considered to be a highly desired ally and spirit helper because of its fearless power. It is believed that the power of
Great spirit lives though the bear. The bear holds the teachings of introspection. When it shows up in your life pay attention to how
you think, act and interact. Use discernment in all that you do and discriminate with care. Bear teaches you how to make choices from
a position of power. In some traditions bear is the spirit keeper of the West. The place of maturity and good harvest. The gifts that
bear offers to those with this totem are strength, introspection and knowledge. Bear teaches the importance of appearance by
gathering inner strength and presenting it outwardly.

Unlike other animals who are active during a specific time of day, the bear is active both day and night. This symbolizes its connection
with solar energy, that of strength and power, and lunar energy, that of intuition. It enhances and teaches those with this totem how
to develop both within themselves.

Bear can sometimes be too quick to anger and too sure of it own power. While they have little to fear they can forget caution, which
is an important trait to have. If bear is your totem be careful that you don't throw your caution to the wind. Being unaware of your
limits in certain settings can be disastrous.

Bear Meaning

The bear has several meanings that will inspire those who have this animal as totem:

• The primary meaning of the bear spirit animalis strength and confidence
  • Standing against adversity; taking action and leadership
  • The spirit of the the bear indicates it’s time for healing or using healing abilities to help self or others
  • The bear medicine emphasizes the importance of solitude, quiet time, rest
  • The spirit of the bear provides strong grounding forces
The bear, an ancient spirit animal worshiped in many traditions

The bear as a spirit animal or totem is one of the most ancient worshiped animals. Remains of bears have been found in many archeological sites in Europe especially, where bear bones and skulls were found together with human bones dating back to the Neanderthals.

It is said that the Vikings would wear bear skins in times of war to scare off their enemies. They would appear as powerful as these wild animals. Bears symbolize warrior spirit and courage to fight. The bear’s spirit would be invoked to help the warriors in the battle.

In ancient Greece and Rom, the bear was a totem animal associated with the Goddess Artemis and Diana, goddesses of fertility. In contrast, for the Celts, the bear would represent the sun.

The spirit of the bear as healer and teacher

Interestingly, in Siberia, the name used to designate women shaman is the same as the word “bear”. In Northern America, in the Inuit tradition, the bear spirit animal is also connected to the shamanic tradition and women.

For the Inuit people, the bear is a strong power or totem animal. In some beliefs, it is said that if an Inuit hunter accepts to be eaten by a bear, he may reincarnate as a shaman and carry the spirit of this animal. The polar bear is considered as the “Wise Teacher” as it shows how to survive in harsh conditions.

The bear, a spirit animal symbolic of strength and courage

The spirit of the bear is a strong source of support in times of difficulty. It provides courage and a stable foundation to face challenges. When the bear shows up as a spirit guide in your life, it’s perhaps time to stand for your beliefs or your truth. This power animal will provide for support and strength.

The bear is also a guide to take leadership in your life or in other people’s lives. This animal is feared and admired for its strength. Its presence inspires respect. Its strength and powerful stature will inspire you to step into a leadership role in your life and take action without fear.

When you invoke the power of the bear totem, reflect on the qualities of inner strength, fearlessness, and confidence in yourself and how you can project them in your world.

The spirit of the bear and healing

Since the bear is often associated with shamans in many traditions, this spirit animal can symbolize healing abilities and stepping into the role of the healer. If the bear shows up in your life, it may also be time to take care of your own needs for healing, whether it’s at the physical, emotional or spiritual level.

Be sensitive to where you are at and reflect on where you would most need healing. You can call on the bear spirit guidance to direct your energy in a more conservative or focused way.

Bear spirit animal and grounding forces

The bear is an animal that lives a solitary life. Having a bear as a spirit animal can mean that you find balance and comfort in solitude. The presence of this power animal could point to the need to “regroup” and set up boundaries, so you feel comfortable in your own space. It may be a call to find time away from the crowd or busyness and favor quiet time and rest.

The bear spirit can also be a great helper to dedicate time and energy to more introspective practices, such as self-inquiry or meditation. Call on the spirit of the bear to help you find your center and ground yourself in a strong foundation that will support you in more busy and noisy times.

Here is my bear spirit animal

24pz3ic.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks, yes, I did it yesterday. Cheers