Sign in to follow this  
eccentric215

Full moon night and times

What night is the night of the full moon if the moon becomes full in your timezone at 12 midday?? The full moon happens at noon on the 14th in my time zone... So what night would be considered the full moon?

Both nights are the 'night of the full moon', but after noon on that day the energies have shifted from the Moon 'increasing' or waxing as it is traditionally called and the Moon decreasing or waning. Generally speaking the Moon waxing is used for manifesting things or increasing things and the moon waning is used to getting rid of things or reducing them.

I had posted this in the Taoist section where this question was also raised.

What night is the night of the full moon if the moon becomes full in your timezone at 12 midday?? The full moon happens at noon on the 14th in my time zone... So what night would be considered the full moon?

No night , or either ... if full moon is at 12:00:00 .... there is no difference in the seconds .... exactly noon. (Here for a large part of the year with DST Noon is at 1 pm. ?

From a realistic perspective; what difference does it make? If you look at the Moon 2 hrs before 'full' can you tell the difference? If it is for a ritual working I would suggest the night 'before' as by the next night the Moon will be waning (technically) ... if it is for a more celebratory ritual (or you want fullmoon light) it will pretty much look full for a bout 3 nights.

Ed: oopsa ... cross-post.

Edited by Nungali

Sign in to follow this