Tibetan_Ice

Psychic vampires and concealing gender.

We've all heard of Madame Butterfly, haven't we?

I would like to know what the forum members feel about forum members who pretend to be their opposite gender, attracting unknowing participants and then feeding off of their energies.

An example of this would be a male posing as a female in order to attract male posters' positive emotions and psychic energy.

Note: this is not a judgement about sexual preference nor is the intention to focus on transgender issues.

What I would like to ask is this... Primarily the deceptive part of it and the effect it would have on forum members.

Does being deceived in such a fashion turn the unknowing forum correspondent into a victim?

Assume you thought you were talking to a female on the forum, you liked them many times, you complimented them on their writings, did the little hearts icon thingy and were sure you had established a meaningful bond. Then you find out that that person is not who they represented themselves to be. The female was actually a male. (Or vice versa)

Would it shatter your confidence? Would you feel like a victim? Would you reflect back on the compliments and interactions with an overwhelming feeling of disgust and humiliation for being so deceived?

What I want to know is this. Is it more important to protect the forum members from this type of deception or is it more important to protect the deceiver?

It is one thing to be honest, forthright and up front about who you are and what your intentions are. It is quite another thing to be deceptive and have a hidden agenda, isn't it?

.??.

• Like 2

It's interesting you've written this actually - I've been around male psychic vampires who would, at times, act in very feminine ways, but that's in the physical world...I wonder how common that is.

Edited by Unseen_Abilities

I am always honest.

Well, sometimes I knock a couple of years off my age.

;)

Note: this is not a judgement about sexual preference nor is the intention to focus on transgender issues.

What I would like to ask is this... Primarily the deceptive part of it and the effect it would have on forum members.

Does being deceived in such a fashion turn the unknowing forum correspondent into a victim?

Assume you thought you were talking to a female on the forum, you liked them many times, you complimented them on their writings, did the little hearts icon thingy and were sure you had established a meaningful bond. Then you find out that that person is not who they represented themselves to be. The female was actually a male. (Or vice versa)

Would it shatter your confidence? Would you feel like a victim? Would you reflect back on the compliments and interactions with an overwhelming feeling of disgust and humiliation for being so deceived?

What I want to know is this. Is it more important to protect the forum members from this type of deception or is it more important to protect the deceiver?

It is one thing to be honest, forthright and up front about who you are and what your intentions are. It is quite another thing to be deceptive and have a hidden agenda, isn't it?

.??.

Yes.

Yes.

and Yes.

It's awful to have mind games played with one.

I don't play mind games, I just remain honest and tell the truth.

I want to keep kids safe on the web and off.

Exactly this sort of thing used to happen regularly on the Narfell forums.

I work on the assumption everyone on the internet is a hairy middle aged male trucker.

Until it is proven otherwise to my satisfaction.

ps If anyone can inform me what it has to do with psychic "vampirism," I would be grateful. Thanking you in advance. Bozoz.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 2

I would like to add here that mind games played on a person can lead to mental illness.

Anxiety is the biggest killer in the Western World.

And you know it.

I shall probably seek to sue my soon to be ex missus and the first doctor who saw me.

I won't mention any names.

If anyone knows of anyone else who has lied to me, played head games with me, deceived me, sought to plumb me for private information, or who has threatened to ensorcel me or even physically harm and yes, kill me, then I would ask that you let me know.

I would like to know who is responsible for harming me.

Best to respond on this thread, mebbe.

But I am everywhere.

You can pm me here or on rigorousintution.ca

You can tweet me.

You can facebook me.

You can contact me through tumblr.

Or flickr.

Or deviantart.

Or the Narfell forums.

Or you can use any of my half dozen or more email addresses.

I am X the Unknown from The Game of Swords and Sorcery.

I am Unamit Alhazredit.

But I'm retired.

:)

I have had two death threats online directed to me personally.

I want to sue those people responsible for my mental illness.

Which I didn't have.

I had kundalini syndrome.

I was badly misdiagnosed and put through hell.

I shall sue.

I shall get the best no win no fee solicitor I can find.

I gonna take da money an' run.

I'm henceforward not self employed, no.

I'm retired.

I may wave a begging bowl of salty nuts around from time to time though.

Since I am Squirrel Boy, after all.

;)

ps Yes, I guess I am threatening to sue. I don't threaten anything else. I practise Ahimsa. Look it up. Bozo.

• Like 1

To clarify.

I just asked my wife if she had been lying to me.

She put the phone down.

She never did give a straight answer to a straight question.

But I still got my answer.

I'm Sherlock freakin' Holmes.

;(

• Like 2

Life is a vale of sadness and tears.

But there is a pot of gold at the end of every Rainbow.

Just ask Zippy.

Or Bungle.

Or George.

Was there another?

I forget.

The name of the great nameless one.

Mebbe he got kidz like me.

ps Yeah. I'm da muppet master. Bozoz.

• Like 1

We've all heard of Madame Butterfly, haven't we?

I would like to know what the forum members feel about forum members who pretend to be their opposite gender, attracting unknowing participants and then feeding off of their energies.

Doesn't bother me in the least. I take responsibility for my energies and am not unknowing unless I choose to be.

An example of this would be a male posing as a female in order to attract male posters' positive emotions and psychic energy.

No. The "victim" is a voluntary participant in the relationship and chooses to enter into that relationship fully aware of the lack of available, verifiable information.

No. You are describing a situation in which someone is, in their own mind, developing a sexual or gender based fixation on another person without that other person's consent or participation. The "meaningful bond" is in the mind of the "victim" and is a projection of their own beliefs, desires, and expectations. The disgust and humiliation are a reflection of the inappropriate addition of sexual overtones to what, presumably, is otherwise an intellectual or spiritual discussion.

No. In my opinion, I am the one responsible for my behavior and choices during my online participation. The forum exists as an open venue for discussion. Projecting our ideas regarding emotion and intimacy onto this is our problem.

.??.

In my read of the situation, the one with the hidden agenda is the "victim" that is projecting their fantasies onto the person who chooses to keep their gender a private matter. Is Tibetan_Ice your given name? Why are you misleading everyone to believe that you are Tibetan? How is offering up a misleading name different from offering up a misleading gender? We participate in this forum knowing that most people want to maintain some degree of privacy and anonymity then complain when we misinterpret their cues and project our own emotional and psychological baggage all over the place?

I think that is something the "victim" needs to work on in their own mind and life.

It's a great opportunity for practice and growth in my opinion.

• Like 9

Love it.

Gender is performative and anyone can choose to dance to whatever tune they choose to dance to here online.

If it's troubling anyone then try meditation to reflect.

Begin by asking...

What is it?

And move on from that.

Hope that helps.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Vamping on the energies of straight male spiritual seekers by pretending to be a nymphet on a taoist internet forum? I didn´t know that was even possible. As a gay man, I don´t spend much time thinking about heterosexual gender dynamics but wow--I guess being a woman is more complicated than I imagined.

So. If I´m a female bum and a male "likes" my posts, compliments my writings, and does the little heart icon thingy with me, does he (1) respect me as a human being and fellow taobum, or (2) secretly want to get in my pants? In the situation Tibetan Ice describes where a male responds this way to an alledged female only to have his confidence "shattered" when he discovers the deception...in that situation whose the vamp?

I vote "both."

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4

Are you talking about deci belle? I think they put "lezboyenne" which is pretty upfront about them not really being a clear gender.

I knew a guy in Blackpool, tram driver he was.

Big built lad , used to play rugby.

He had gender re- assignment surgery and once it was done he announced that he was a lesbian and only ever dated women.

All part of life's rich pattern IMO.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Why it matters? Is the internet. Are you supposed to develop a relationship with some unknown person over a message board???? :) I care less the posters are males or females.....

He had gender re- assignment surgery and once it was done he announced that he was a lesbian and only ever dated women.

Rugby players eh?

• Like 1

What ya gonna do?

It takes all sorts.

Hence my call that gender is performative.

Whatever floats anyone's boat then that's what floats their boat.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Well...

A male pretending to be a female: certainly it's not the worst thing that you can find on a public forum

119846_700b.jpg

• Like 7

hoo but moi does the ❤❤❤ more than moi???? TI, dear~ is it possible for you to get any creepier?

i doont's wanna know, ok?

• Like 2

It takes balls to reply in this thread! Pfff... :P

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 2

Hehe, I was accused of being a female posing as a man recently on this forum. I give off that vibe??

Anyway, yes, a real shame that people go down this route...of fraud that is. Being a forum, I understand concealing identity for security reasons, but using it to manipulate is not cool. I think most of the "genuine" people suss these very quickly though.

• Like 2

edited

The "victim" is a voluntary participant in the relationship and chooses to enter into that relationship fully aware of the lack of available, verifiable information.

That is a lesson I learnt very late in life.

A very important lesson.

I'm walking out of the machinery.

I'm not responsible for another's kamma.

Nuthin' I can do about it.

Sadly.

• Like 2

In the situation Tibetan Ice describes where a male responds this way to an alledged female only to have his confidence "shattered" when he discovers the deception...in that situation whose the vamp?

Yeah.

One needs to have more resilience and confidence than that.

Yer all hairy truckers!

Xcept fur da ones I know Ain't Tree.

Dat's da Grandmaster right der!

lolol

I May be a Master.

It's a Question of having the 0pinion of an Arse Hole.

ie I may or may not be a Master.

It doesn't matter one jot to me.

Does it to you?

You fookin' crazy den.

Incher?

lolol

Hedwig lolol

Funny tread dis.

ps

Rugby players eh?

Rugger buggers.

lolol

The head boy and da big ladz were da rugger buggers.

I used to sit with my effeminate pal and read books of witches spells.

lolol

I ain't no rugger bugger.

I got knocked unconscious playin' rugger fer St Anselm's!

I ain't no kind of bugger.

Natural way best.

I Mr Natural.

A hairy beast.

Not that filthy.

Quite PURE.

QED

• Like 1