Sephtan

Not a bot ... hopefully

"so please tell us enough so we know you are a real person and not a bot"

Theoretically, by addressing this issue, it may disqualify myself as being perceived as a bot, but then again, bots have become pretty sophisticated nowadays and who knows if they can already manage to read out and recognize phrases like this, copy it and scan the website for where ever it can react to it and quote it to address the issue ... like I just did.

Oh well, before I get too much sidetracked in my mind on how to define a bot and if there might be one definition among them that would include my own existence as such and where ever else it might lead me, I better try to introduce myself a bit. I am interested in more or less anything that is being discussed on this side and while not being very regular in it, from time to time I spent some hours browsing through various articles here. My main base for a long time used to be philosophy and it is still a big defining part of myself and all my other interest I mostly used as added perspectives to get a greater insight into a certain subject or situation. Nowadays my main interest and base is Christianity and trauma work, specially spiritual based one, although of course it can be hard to really differ where one starts and the other one ends. I also try to be careful in how I phrase things, as that makes it easier for others to understand and also, should it happen, to call me on my mistakes - which I really appreciate as it saves me a lot of trouble opposed to having to find them myself.

So, I guess, have fun trying to find out if I am a real person or a bot :)

• Like 3

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums.

You will be able to post freely now but we ask that youread the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang

Something I forgot to add, as I have seen his works mentioned on this forum and him being a huge influence in my life & on my personality as well, I do read Terry Pratchett a lot, as in some of his books easily more than ten times already and still counting, so he shouldn't be amiss in any introduction of myself in a philosophical environment.

lg Stephan

• Like 4

Test post, for you know who.

Didn't work :(. Just disable the software, or perhaps try a different browser just for a post :).

Something I forgot to add, as I have seen his works mentioned on this forum and him being a huge influence in my life & on my personality as well, I do read Terry Pratchett a lot, as in some of his books easily more than ten times already and still counting, so he shouldn't be amiss in any introduction of myself in a philosophical environment.

lg Stephan

"Night poured over the desert. It came suddenly, in purple. In the clear air, the stars drilled down out of the sky, reminding any thoughtful watcher that it is in the deserts and high places that religions are generated. When men see nothing but bottomless infinity over their heads they have always had a driving and desperate urge to find someone to put in the way."

Welcome to TTB Sephtan.

Edited by GrandmasterP

@Grandmaster

Oh a nice quote from Jingo :) . Thanks for the welcome, but I guess my stay wont be long because ...

@BaguaKicksAss

As I just explained in a PM, exactly that post was made, just like this one, from a completely newly installed browser without any add ons or anything :/

Mhm. Maybe I AM a bot after all :blink:

• Like 1

Hmm, we are out to watch you, hehehehehe :D *evilgrin*

Welcome :D

Edited by Yascra

Hmm, we are out to watch you, hehehehehe :D *evilgrin*

Welcome :D

Nothing says welcome better than an evil grin :D

• Like 1