Upfromtheashes

Who do you consider awakened?

Well first of all are there any members here who are awakened and second is there anyone who is a public or private figure that you consider awakened and third how would you define being awakened?

There are probably different criteria to measure what 'awake' means. Different people(expecially here at taobums :) ) probably define things a little differently.

From my way of seeing things at this time..awakening means awakening out of the illusion of seperation to the truth of oneness. Or to put it even more simply..awakening to reality.

Now..are there different stages and levels and depths of awakening to reality? Probably. Why not? It makes sense there would be a deeping or further opening of what has been realized.

For whatever it's worth...of the people I have studied with so far in my life I would call Adyashanti and Jeannie Zandi 'awake'.

I am also looking forward to being in the presence of Eckhart Tolle who from what I have seen(not much) is most definetly awakened.

namaste.

Edited by Cameron

Most Certainly Jed McKenna is awake. He has the balls to say what needs to be said, and does so very unapologetically.

Bill Hicks is awake. Anyone who realizes we are all one (consciousness) and this world and all its contents (ourselves included) are illusions, is (by my definition) awake.

Edited by mwight

An interview with a teacher I am going to study with later this year, Karl Renz. Might be of some help.

link