Unseen_Abilities

Time dilation during periods of intense energy work?

Has anyone else experienced this? For a few days now I've had frequent distortions in my perception of time - I'll think more time has passed than it actually has, or vice versa. It's not scary in any way, just very interesting - quite psychedelic, without feeling like I'm on drugs.

they say when your path through space is as fast as the progression of tie itself, then time simply doesnt move. sure, that's a facet of any quantum mechanical phenomena. the less timelike you are, the more spacelike your experience becomes. all I know if when my meditation is very good, durations become oddly compressed, the moment that much sweeter, that much longer of a moment.

• Like 2

an hour, two hours, it feels like a minute! haha yes...need to amass the gongfu, the muscle memory, the inertia of habit-energy, but once you have all the ingredients and assemble them properly, "meditation" becomes "just sitting peacefully for a few moments"

"fuzzy logic, is really saying no logic, but they're not willing to admit that" :lol: been a while since I watched some sadhguru, thx oldchi!

(but then again, would sadhguru be attempting to imply that quantum mechanics is logical in saying that...well, good luck human mind saying QM is logical :lol: )

Edited by joeblast

Is there any particular reason it was most intense during that period of your life?

I don't feel I could put any reason to it.

The experiences of that time lie outside my left brain's ability to categorize.

However, in recall, the feelings generated are palpable and clear and I'm grateful for you posting this question.

I'll be sitting with this sense and allowing it to wash over my current practice.

• Like 1

I'll add that…..IME….the deeper and more focused my meditation is the more things just tend to disappear. My body, my mind, my sense of space…..and my sense of time…..they seem to become more and more fluid and formless. :ph34r:

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Don Juan Mateus was always emphasizing to Carlos Castaneda that he me must find something to "stop time". Like old Chi said, the more focused we become, the less impact time has on us. This has a lot to do with making / manifesting exactly what sort of life we want, by gaining mastery over our thoughts and inner dialogue.

• Like 1

Interesting replies, thank you Tao Bums.

I've got some personal techniques that I've been working with for a while that are actually proving themselves to be quite powerful a little further down the line (now...) - I won't go into the specifics because I've created them and they're basically still in the testing phase, but that's really the cause of this.

Edited by Unseen_Abilities

At times when I'm meditating, and I sit for 30 minutes, the first 25 feels like five minutes and the last five feels like 30 minutes.

• Like 1