Mystique Enigma

The Story Of The Three Travelers

Three travelers on a long and exhausting journey had become companions, and shared the same pleasures and sorrows, pooling all their resources. After many days they realized that all they had between them was a piece of bread and a mouthful of water in a flask. They fell to quarrelling as to who should have all the food. Making no progress on this score, they tried to divide the bread and water. Still they could not arrive at a conclusion.

As dusk was falling, one finally suggested that they should sleep. When they awoke, the person who had had the most remarkable dream would decide what should be done.

The next morning the three rose as the sun came up and the first traveler said, "This is my dream: I was carried away to places such as cannot be described, so wonderful and serene were they. I met a wise man who said to me, 'You deserve the food, for your past and future life are worthy and suitable subjects for admiration.'"

"How strange," said the second traveler. "For in my dream, I actually saw all my past and my future. In my future I saw a man of great knowledge, who said, 'You deserve the bread more than your friends, for you are more learned and patient. You must be well-nurtured, for you are destined to lead men,'"

The third traveler said, "In my dream I saw nothing, heard nothing, said nothing. I felt a compelling presence which forced me to get up, find the bread and water, and consume them then and there. And this is what I did."

The two companions were very angry and demanded to know why they were not called when the mysterious power compelled him to consume the bread.

"But you were far from here! One of you was carried away to far places and the other to another time! How could you hear my calling?" he replied.

• Like 1

Mother Superior called all the nuns together and announced, "Sisters, I have some extremely distressing news that my duty unfortunately obliges me to break to all of you. We have a case of gonorrhoea in the convent."

"Thank God," said an elderly nun at the back. "I'm so tired of Chardonnay."

• Like 2

A young Indian brave asked his father:

Father, how is it that babies in the tribe are named?

'Well, son' said his father, "On the morning when your oldest sister was born, I stepped outside into the morning air, and the first thing I saw was a young fawn. This is why I gave her the name of "Morning Fawn". "And on the morning your brother was born, i stepped outside the teepee and heard loud thunder. This is why he is 'Crashing Thunder'. But why do you ask, Two Dogs F*cking?"

• Like 1

Yes.

On the morning I was born, the same two dogs were there, only the name was already taken. So he just went generic.

• Like 1

Generic,.... Wasn't he an Indian chieftain in the 1800s, who somehow later became the patron saint of all sky jumpers and parachutists ?