Sign in to follow this  
ralis

U.S. Govt. Patent on Medical Marijuana.

Just found this out, yet the DEA and other agencies are claiming there is no medical benefit to cannabis. Ridiculous!

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6630507.PN.&OS=PN/6630507&RS=PN/6630507

Abstract

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##

• Like 1

Yup. There is stacks of research into its multi-uses. From oil being used to cure cancer to THC in pills for arthritis (my friend's mum got some of these here in England)

DEA situation is odd. Correct me if I'm wrong, but federal law crushes state laws in the US? So you could pick up some green in Cali and within minutes that shop is being raided by officers? I saw this on a film "Super High Me"...

Monsanto is busy in Uruguay right now, GMO-ing the hell out of cannabis right now, creating a strain unique enough to patent.

Once they're done, watch how quickly the government comes around on the laws. But of course only certified strains will be legalized for sale from certified producers.

The reason western medicine fights herbal cures and medicines is because you can't patent an herb and therefore can't reap huge profits from them.

But gmo change the game.

Expect a lot of wonder hrtbal medicines in the coming years, but with corporate control.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this