Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Cat

New member - Internal Alchemy vs. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Hello Tao Bums,

I just stumbled on this site, and look forward to looking around and learning. My main interest is learning techniques to heal myself of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and I would be very interested to hear from anyone else who has had experience with this.

When I had more energy, I did tai chi, chi gung, zhan zhuang, the microcosmic orbit, tantra, etc., but as my energy levels worsened due to CFS, I found I had to drop these, as when I didn't have much energy, energy practics like these tended to crash my system rather than nourish me. Fast forward several years, and now that I have recovered from CFS somewhat, I am again looking into gentle, nourishing, energy practices, and look forward to checking out the personal practice section to see what people have been up to.

Thanks!

Edited by Mr. Cat

Hello and welcome Mr Cat. I am pleased to hear that you are on the road of recovery from CFS.

You will be free to post now but before getting started please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This about covers it.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

• Like 1

Step 1. find a teacher :).

Step 2. go over stuff with said teacher to make sure it wasn't your practices which led to the CFS (I have seen this happen a few times). Over practice, too many different practices, slightly wrong practice, wrong practice for you in particular... or whatever.

Step 3. start practice again with advice of your teacher / someone who can see and assess your condition/energy.

• Like 2

Welcome to TTB Mr Cat, (nice name).

Good to hear that your CFS has improved.

TaiChi may be too much too soon somperhaps a gentle QiGong form for starters might suit you.

Standing Baduanjin ( 8 Pieces Brocade) is an easy one but can be very powerful.

BKA is wise.

Finding a skilled and supportive teacher is anyone's best way forward.

Main thing ... Take it easy.. Start slow and if fatigued, even a tiny bit... Stop.

All success and warmest best wishes to you on your path.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this