To those who question my creation - I'm not real

I am pain. I am grief. I'm the things you fear
I'm the lie whispered into your ear
I'm the great Leviathan. I'm dominance and greed
You imagined me, so I was conceived

I am life. I'm death. You belong to me
Call me what I am. I am colossus

maxresdefault.jpg

(Jk, I'm not colossus, colossus is birth and death, the very cycle I'm trying to escape ASAP! As I would encourage all weary travellers to try and do quickly!)

Edited by Colonel Goji
  • Like 4

I don't mean to be so dreary. I wish you all peace, happiness, and long life. May Kuan Yin watch over you all.

image002.jpg

Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa

lady.jpg

Edited by Colonel Goji
  • Like 3

This body is not 'me' or 'mine', nor is this mind. And yet, it's nonsense to say 'I don't exist' or 'this isn't my body'.

Consider a house. 'House' is just a label applied to when bricks, mortar, wood and slate are arranged in a particular configuration. Thus, the house lacks a substantial essence (it's empty, refuting realism) as it's just a label which we choose to apply to a set of things. The house is still there though (refuting nihilism), because you can experience its properties and functions. The label is conventionally valid.

Similarly, 'I' am just a bunch of mental and physical processes, nowhere in this is there something that can really be grasped on to as 'me'. But I can be conventionally distinguished as 'me' - rather than 'you' or 'willow tree' - on the basis of any number of things - my personality traits, appearance, and so on. :)

Why is this in off topic?

Edited by Seeker of Tao
  • Like 2

I am yesterday, to-day, and the brother of The Morrow! I am born again and again. Mine is the unseen force from which the Gods are sprung; that giveth life unto the dwellers in the watch-towers of the Universe.

I am the charioteer of the East, Lord of the Past and the Future. I see by mine own inward light; Lord of Resurrection, who cometh forth from the dusk, and whose birth is from the House of Death.

O ye two divine hawks upon your pinnacles, who keep watch over the Universe! Ye who company the bier unto the House of Rest. Ye who pilot the Ship of Ra, ever advancing onwards unto the heights of Heaven!

Lord of the Shrine which standeth in the centre of the Earth!

Behold He is in me and I in Him!

Mine is the radiance in which Ptah floateth over his firmament.

I travel upon high.

I tread upon the firmament of Nu.

I raise a flashing flame with the lightning of mine eye, ever rushing forward in the splendour of the daily glorified Ra, giving my life to the dwellers of Earth.

If I say "come up upon the mountains,"

The Celestial waters shall flow at my word;

For I am Ra incarnate,

Khephra created in the flesh!

I am the image of my Father Tmu, Lord of the City of the Sun!

The God who commands is in my mouth;

The God of Wisdom is in my heart:

My tongue is the sanctuary of Truth:

And a God sitteth upon my lips!

My word is accomplished each day, and the desire of my heart realises itself, like that of Ptah when he creates his works.

I am Eternal; therefore everything acts according to my designs, and everything obeys my words.

The Sun in Thy Father!

Thy Mother the Moon!

The Wind hath borne Thee in its bosom!

And Earth hath nourished the changeless Godhead of Thy Youth.

Come Thou forth, I say, come Thou forth

And make all spirits subject unto me!

So that every spirit of the firmament,

And of the Ether,

Of the Earth,

And under the Earth,

On dry land,

And in the Water,

Of whirling Air,

And of rushing Fire,

And every spell and scourge of God, may be obedient unto Me!

• Like 1

I am yesterday, to-day, and the brother of The Morrow! I am born again and again. Mine is the unseen force from which the Gods are sprung; that giveth life unto the dwellers in the watch-towers of the Universe.

I am the charioteer of the East, Lord of the Past and the Future. I see by mine own inward light; Lord of Resurrection, who cometh forth from the dusk, and whose birth is from the House of Death.

O ye two divine hawks upon your pinnacles, who keep watch over the Universe! Ye who company the bier unto the House of Rest. Ye who pilot the Ship of Ra, ever advancing onwards unto the heights of Heaven!

Oh that's you is it! I did wonder.

Possibly one of the Hampshire Nungalis?

They did very well, shopkeepers in the main and one or two soldiers.

'Major' Binky Nungali especially.

An ornament to the regimental Amateur Dramatic Society was Binky.

They still speak of his 'Nanky Poo' in the 1998 Mess Panto production of Aladdin.

Edited by GrandmasterP

This body is not 'me' or 'mine', nor is this mind. And yet, it's nonsense to say 'I don't exist' or 'this isn't my body'.

Consider a house. 'House' is just a label applied to when bricks, mortar, wood and slate are arranged in a particular configuration. Thus, the house lacks a substantial essence (it's empty, refuting realism) as it's just a label which we choose to apply to a set of things. The house is still there though (refuting nihilism), because you can experience its properties and functions. The label is conventionally valid.

Similarly, 'I' am just a bunch of mental and physical processes, nowhere in this is there something that can really be grasped on to as 'me'. But I can be conventionally distinguished as 'me' - rather than 'you' or 'willow tree' - on the basis of any number of things - my personality traits, appearance, and so on. :)

Why is this in off topic?

Side note:

We tend to say "I am hungry"

French say, translated, "I have hunger"

Subtle language difference that can change one's perception/belief immensely!

• Like 1

Oh that's you is it! I did wonder.

Nowadays offerings can be converted to electronic transfer ... my paypal account number is ...

Edited by Nungali

Possibly one of the Hampshire Nungalis?

They did very well, shopkeepers in the main and one or two soldiers.

'Major' Binky Nungali especially.

An ornament to the regimental Amateur Dramatic Society was Binky.

They still speak of his 'Nanky Poo' in the 1998 Mess Panto production of Aladdin.

I have fond memories of old Uncle Binky doing 'Knees up Mother brown' while drunk at Grandmas place for christmas. Unfortunatly ... when he drank to much he did venture into what you mention and lurched around chasing and referring to my escaping young cousins as Yum-Yum. Peep-Bo and Pitti-Sing

Yes but he did have a great war record.

( Glenn Miller's Greatest Hits).

Edited by GrandmasterP

I am what I appear to me, to be ,

I am also what I appear to be to others ,

As well, I am an indistinguishable part of all.

A vortex of circumstance in flux

Same as Y'all

• Like 2

Today...

I am knackered.

Totally cream crackered.

Zonked.

Drained.

Early night for this lad.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Word.

My Kung Fu teacher said to me the other day, to paraphrase;

We are born into this world with very little information and understanding. Every now and then we get a third of an echo of 1% and it's enough for us to make decisions, quite profoundly.

That's quite a fair remark if you ask me!

• Like 2

The druids had an interesting take on this.

A man or woman is three things

They are who they think they are.

They are who others think they are.

and

They are who they are.

edit:

that said:

I'm a discernible pattern of conditions, remnant of stars exploding and coalescing within a toroidal sphere of awareness, simultaneously expanding and contracting...

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

Ego.

This is interesting...how many of us want to admit this when on a "path"?

Failure to admit it is ego in itself...

Hmmm...

Thanks for the post!

This is interesting...how many of us want to admit this when on a "path"?

Failure to admit it is ego in itself...

Hmmm...

Thanks for the post!

Without a shred of ego, we'd be fully ascended. Until that point, everyone is in a constant battle against egotistic thoughts even if they are able to control them and hush them aside..Even when one's every action is for good - such thoughts are often lurking in the shadows of our mind and buried guilt. It's a scary thought perhaps, but while we think of ourselves as individuals, the me and I, we're still not at the finish line - or is it the starting point?

Popping in a response to a possibly rhetorical or implied question .... (if individual is starting or endpoint) well , starting and endpoints are subjective or relative , being so, its illusion. One can consider their individuality or ego as the most important thing, or one can consider their unity with the great whole , as the important thing , or neither is the "important" thing . Which is why I consider all of these things to be true aspects of what we are.

The core of an apple ,the flesh ,the skin and the seeds of an apple all comprise the apple , but they arent all homogenously same, the parts have their functions , even though they arent completely distinct.

Ignoring that , one isnt appreciating what the apple is. Similarly , there is what you are , and you are unique, not a homogenous nothing indistinguishable from the rest of homogenous nothingness. You are the proof that the universe exists, whatever it is that you consider 'you' to be.

Sign in to follow this