BaguaKicksAss

Baguazhang weapon ;)

That was lovely.

it was so easy to visualize the current of energy going from one end of his body to the other; as a ripple that would start at one hand and end at the other; much like a street dancer..

It was a song in my own heart, the heart of a light worker, who was actually able to visualize light in his current - but to watch him in his practice, it was the personification of what I know through my own work to be there, although unseen.

It was the seat of healing, the current from which all things emanate; to see such a man dance with this ray was a gift to my heart. He showed me what I know to be true, and allowed me to see it in the person of another on his own path.

Thank you for taking the time to share this, BKA.

Manitou

By the way, BKA - is this the sort of practice that you do? Do you possess any degree of this proficiency?

Edited by manitou
  • Like 3

That was lovely.

it was so easy to visualize the current of energy going from one end of his body to the other; as a ripple that would start at one hand and end at the other; much like a street dancer..

It was a song in my own heart, the heart of a light worker, who was actually able to visualize light in his current - but to watch him in his practice, it was the personification of what I know through my own work to be there, although unseen.

It was the seat of healing, the current from which all things emanate; to see such a man dance with this ray was a gift to my heart. He showed me what I know to be true, and allowed me to see it in the person of another on his own path.

Thank you for taking the time to share this, BKA.

Manitou

By the way, BKA - is this the sort of practice that you do? Do you possess any degree of this proficiency?

I haven't learned a chicken feet, er I mean deer hooks, form yet ;).

In about 20 or so years, I should be getting to where he is at....

• Like 1

He moves so fluidly - there is no hesitation or break in the flow throughout the entire routine. It's amazing how the concept of fluidity is an integral part of the Dao, and how fluid motion like that places one's mind in the place where there is continuous flow, no error, mindlessness. it's easy to stay 'in the Dao' when doing stillness-movement because of the nature of the movement and the similarity to the mindset. he reminds me of a big Daoistic gyro, attending to all directions at once, and yet unaffected by all directions.

Beautiful.

• Like 1

hmmmm... hard to decide what I like more, the gorgeous Bagua or Manitous's gorgeous responses to the gorgeous Bagua ... :)

• Like 3

hmmmm... hard to decide what I like more, the gorgeous Bagua or Manitous's gorgeous responses to the gorgeous Bagua ... :)

Yes it's nice to have her back...

:wub:

Nice video too. The last time I practiced the chicken feet form I only got about 1/4 of the way through before eating my weapons...

• Like 2

Yes it's nice to have her back...

:wub:

Nice video too. The last time I practiced the chicken feet form I only got about 1/4 of the way through before eating my weapons...

I don't blame you. chicken feet are damned tasty.

Thank you for your sentiment, darling......And as much as I love TTB's, sometimes I just need to take a break from the place. but the funny thing is - I'm not feeling the balance as much when I don't participate. It's like the Bums keep me fluid in my thinking. Or something. Perhaps just the ability to express to others that which I can't express much here in the Bible belt.

• Like 3

Chicken feet I think ;).

Naughty!

You should be impressed ... especially when he got that guy behind the curtain sneaking up on him @ 1.03 that we couldnt even see !

Nungali impressed ! Fluidity and strength of form ... balance and all basics ... also like swirling water or rapids :)

And me coming from a tradition where weapons are based on farm and fishing tools, turtle shells and clumps of coral on sticks -anything to hand - I luv the antlers.

No 'flip backs' though (back along the forearm ) as in sai or kama ? The hands all ways grip the shaft the same way. They reminded me of jitte a bit as well ... prongy and able to catch / entangle.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3