JohnC

SM - Importance of Tree gong

This is a question to Michael Lomax(Ya mu) or Brion(Kempomaster), and I thought it would be interesting to hear from others that have experience with this and different opinions.

I'm wondering about the importance of Tree gong, what it does and why we should practice? Mainly to satisfy my curiosity, but also as I continue to practice this system, I'm feeling very drawn to do this lately.

I've read in other systems (longmen pai) that tree gong helps you release past life karma and increases your energy, which I take to mean it heals your biology/nature/genetic structure, and other spiritual stuff. Is that relevant or valid for us at all in the SM lineage? Or are there other cool things about tree gong?

I was practicing with a tree yesterday and after about 20 minutes had to stop, but afterwards I felt really cranky and had a lot of emotions coming up... which I take to mean I was releasing and moving it out. Today though, I'm feeling pretty good, despite not much sleep, and a hell of an exhausting weekend.

Thanks for your replies.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 3

Trees are great beings, especially by the way of this lineage they are considered a beings of lights

as equals and friends with wisdom and energybodies of greatness.

Their respect is much greater than a human can give in our days.

Without words one feels such great respect from trees for those in these lineage and acknowledge by the trees

and the welcome they give is the feeling of feeling home as our ancients had when they live

together with them before they start to fear us as the animals do.

Also one do not feel alone when one realize it.

I believe that we live less livespan from Qi perspective because we lost touch with the trees

which get hundreds and thousand of years.

One can go and take the Qi but in this lineage the Qi is received.

Qi that is taken may be toxic. The tree are fond in protecting their quality Qi.

They can be a source to recover Prenatal Qi and so help in cultivation and prolong life

which is a gift.

Actually there is one tree that is an unconditional friend to humans but its another school

which not want this reveal puplic but they are old enough to remember the friendship.

As well in this school they help the cultivation of this lineage as the light qi in this school

is much like those of the trees and sure the tree have qualities the ancient observe

and categorize into the five phases.

• Like 13

hello!

great topic! i´m very interested in tree chi kung and made some experiences with it during the last years. unfortunately i don`t have much time at the moment for a longer and more detailed post. but i will write a little bit more later.

greetings from the woods

sirius

• Like 2

God post and description by Friend!

Our system utilizes this relationship to help with many things, not the least of which is a better personal and intimate understanding of root Taoism. Tree knows things due to root connection with Earth and other Tree. Sharing these things with you only occurs with the deep friendship Friend is referring to. The Qi interaction is very powerful but it must always be a respectful interaction - never the taking of qi. Due to this interaction, the very core of our energy body is refined to be more in harmony and even our wai qi liao fa is enhanced.

I highly encourage each Stillness-Movement practitioner to spend time with trees and do the Tree qigong as was taught, if possible on a daily basis. Do not consider it to be a separate but instead an intricate aspect of the system.

• Like 10

excuse me, john c,, for having written my statement. i was in a hurry this morning. maybe i misunderstood to whom you did adress your questions.

Trees are great

Edited by skydog
  • Like 2

God post and description by Friend!

Our system utilizes this relationship to help with many things, not the least of which is a better personal and intimate understanding of root Taoism. Tree knows things due to root connection with Earth and other Tree. Sharing these things with you only occurs with the deep friendship Friend is referring to. The Qi interaction is very powerful but it must always be a respectful interaction - never the taking of qi. Due to this interaction, the very core of our energy body is refined to be more in harmony and even our wai qi liao fa is enhanced.

I highly encourage each Stillness-Movement practitioner to spend time with trees and do the Tree qigong as was taught, if possible on a daily basis. Do not consider it to be a separate but instead an intricate aspect of the system.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

I've noticed some of this, definitely the energizing effects.

John

It is part of showing good intent. Trees rarely encounter people wishing to interact with them in a positive way, you know. Sometimes a tree will be curious.

• Like 7

Edited by skydog
  • Like 2

Skydog,

Your other lineage has specific energy signature which make one

more aware to energyfields and despite of being very stable,

the practise of this lineage makes one sensitve to fields

which contradict this energyfield.

Since it has restriction it is more bound to less subtle energy

and the place of choice to exercise is bound to Qifield similar to it

and the field one build itself or the teacher can.

The stability of this lineage energy field one carries as inheritance

is low and needs a considerate time of one decade before

it is considered safe to practise in outer enviroment

which is the reason to be able to maintain the energy purity.

It is that the energyfield of a practitioner of your main school

has the uncomfortable abillity to absorb energy from surrounding

and it can be uncomfortable to absorb energy from practitioner from

other lineages and disturbing the inheritance.

A tree is a practitioner of Qigong and seen as this for this lineage

only one tree exist.

The practise of Stillnessmovement Qigong has not such restriction

and the Shielding practise helps one to discern the energy one want to

take and one wants to keep out. A zone to decide and have choice.

As well the practise itself is throwing out disturbing energy.

I reach a point where I feel the internal process of opening of inner merdian

which seem to me more finer and more like a net and vast in space

and now being able to touch and get access to the blockage in them.

Everthing before seem in comparism like the scratching the surface

and thinking the scratch being deep.

Tons of work is revealing like having light reveal what is hidden in darkness.

Tree helps to build enough pressure to open as well the night practise when

one sleeps.

The longer of practise of SM reduce the accumulation of the things categorize as

Sick Qi and also the dispose and transformation of it increase.

Especially I feel and observe a stronger transformation with more practise.

People start to get touchy when you are around and as they touch their

energy body are more syncronized than before.

The practise of SM is so by beingness bringing wholeness to the enviroment

and order to energy structure.

• Like 6

Hey friend, thanks for the information, best wishes

Why did you remove your post?

Friend's reply was awesome... but I'm not sure what it's about.

What intent do you use when approaching a tree so that they will become more willing to work with you?

I think respect, as a vibrant Being of Light, is key. Also, Tree recognizes when a person has raised their energy body vibration.

I usually project Qi through the treetops down into the trunk - then they recognize me. Lots of times, from Tree, its like, "Hey! Someone who practices energetics like I do! WOW - I thought humanity had forgotten! So few!"

• Like 9

Just wanted to chime in and say that trees are amazing. Its a practice that i always got a lot of joy out of doing. There is a circle of trees over in my local park that i sometimes go to. I stand in the center and all of the trees will engulf me in there fields at once. Its always a lovely experience. :D

Unfortunately i actually haven't done it in awhile….but this thread has inspired me to pick up Tree Gong once again and make it a daily part of my practice. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 4

I think respect, as a vibrant Being of Light, is key. Also, Tree recognizes when a person has raised their energy body vibration.

I usually project Qi through the treetops down into the trunk - then they recognize me. Lots of times, from Tree, its like, "Hey! Someone who practices energetics like I do! WOW - I thought humanity had forgotten! So few!"

I do wish to stress the importance of vibration as in energy body vibration rate. It is not strictly necessary to project qi into top of Tree. It is more important to have raised one's own energy body vibration and to approach Tree with that calmness and respect based on the higher level vibration. Sometimes, especially in the winter, the projection of qi into top of tree can be helpful to get the tree's attention. But the interaction thereof is dependent on the energy body vibration.

• Like 2

I do wish to stress the importance of vibration as in energy body vibration rate. It is not strictly necessary to project qi into top of Tree. It is more important to have raised one's own energy body vibration and to approach Tree with that calmness and respect based on the higher level vibration. Sometimes, especially in the winter, the projection of qi into top of tree can be helpful to get the tree's attention. But the interaction thereof is dependent on the energy body vibration.

They are less active as they are in hibernation to handle the cold.

Actually I feel to let them have their peace if it is not an evergreen tree.

Tree and animal judge human by their vibration.

I reach point I just dont need to do active something.

A foreign tree very fast figure out and welcome like "one of us"

and some get excited and "talk" very much.

You can not imagine how a Chalanchoe is like Alex Foley.

• Like 6

Yea I was going to say... I usually just go and practice next to the tree, and I very quickly feel the energy body of the tree expand and connect with me.

Usually feels awesome.

John

• Like 3

Yea I was going to say... I usually just go and practice next to the tree, and I very quickly feel the energy body of the tree expand and connect with me.

Usually feels awesome.

John

They recognize you. Once a person has practiced Stillness-Movement for a while, and raised the energy body vibration, and once you have practiced with one tree, due to the connection of Tree other Tree will also recognize you. Which is really cool!

What I said about projecting qi into top of tree; this I do just to help them as I feel humanity has neglected the relationship for soooo long. And there is no problem awakening Tree in winter IF we practice Listening. One will know whether Tree will be grumpy or just exited about the contact. Also, do practice your observation skills, as it becomes easier to correlate the looks of trees and the energetics and distinguish between old Warrior Tree, young and enthusiastic, male or female.

How about this; a tree sounds like:

http://vimeo.com/30501143

• Like 3

Usually feels awesome.

John

They recognize you. Once a person has practiced Stillness-Movement for a while, and raised the energy body vibration, and once you have practiced with one tree, due to the connection of Tree other Tree will also recognize you. Which is really cool!

What I said about projecting qi into top of tree; this I do just to help them as I feel humanity has neglected the relationship for soooo long. And there is no problem awakening Tree in winter IF we practice Listening. One will know whether Tree will be grumpy or just exited about the contact. Also, do practice your observation skills, as it becomes easier to correlate the looks of trees and the energetics and distinguish between old Warrior Tree, young and enthusiastic, male or female.

How about this; a tree sounds like:

http://vimeo.com/30501143

Ya Mu I was wondering if you could comment on the effect that practicing S-M and GOT outside has on the land itself?

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Ya Mu I was wondering if you could comment on the effect that practicing S-M and GOT outside has on the land itself?

My 2 cents, Peace

I moved from an area I had been in for years. Now, more than 10 years later, people still tell me that when they drive by they can feel the energetic transformation there. Some see it as a large glowing field.

Plants grow faster and larger. Huge crops were harvested. Animals thrive and it attracts wild animals. Every single year a large panther would stop off at my place on his travels. He would rest for several days there. He would always leave me 1/2 of a deer right outside my house when he left.

These practices not only transform a person's energy body but also transform their surroundings.

edit: typo

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 6

I moved from an area I had been in for years. Now, more than 10 years later, people still tell me that when they drive by they can feel the energetic transformation there. Some see it as a large glowing field.

Plants grow faster and larger. Huge crops were harvested. Animals thrive and it attracts wild animals. Every single year a large panther would stop off at my place on his travels. He would rest for several days there. He would always leave me 1/2 of a deer right outside my house when he left.

These practices not only transform a person's energy body but also transform their surroundings.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

A panther? You really get some cool wildlife down there.

The most exotic thing I've had show up in my back yard while practicing was a big snapping turtle. He walked slowly in from a ravine, sticking his neck way out like he was smelling for something. Then he dug himself a little hole in the gravel not too far from where I was practicing.

EDIT: Deer are pretty common and rabbits are almost a nuisance. I've never had a rabbit come so close to me before I started practicing qigong.

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 2

Squirrels seem to find me quite fascinating when I am practicing...

• Like 3