Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Tips for turbocharging your fasting practice.

Let's face it, it's hard to get in the groove of regular fasting and when we do, it isn't for very long. So what are the hottest tips for getting the most out of a fast?

In the past, I've pretty much just drank water and sometimes tea for a cheap thrill.

Recently, Freeform suggested psyillium and bentonite clay which I recently came across again as part of Daniel Reid's fasting protocol and as a way to get intestine shaped mucoid "poo ropes" out of your ass.

Needless to say, that got my attention.

I immediately placed an order for colonblow, commenced a water fast, downed the psyillium and bentonite and magnesium (another ingredient suggested by Reid assuming you have access to a potty) and senna tea (must have a potty for this as well). Now I am just staring at the clock waiting for the moment of victory to arrive. Sadly, if it doesn't arrive today I really ought to hit the brakes in deference to good business practice.

Well, the family is out of town and I've got nothing going on but am left pondering what other cool things might help intensify my little experience.

Firstly, I've never, ever had to poo while fasting, so I doubt that all this aggressive intervention business will do anything. Maybe I'll have a close encounter with something strange in my potty on Monday but so many new age promises have crashed and burned in my life that I'm hesitant to get my hopes up.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand, I just read that amaroli (pee drinking) during one's fast was pretty rad and now that I've tried it, I have to say that it get the official two thumbs up from Degoba!! Great energy and it markedly accelerates the detoxing making a modest day or two fast kick ass and take names.

Another total winner is "Nauli" churning the stomach while vacuum breathing. Yogani finally delivered a good how to description of how to do this popular Asian drill: stand with hands on knees and exhale fully and then vaccuum breath as strongly as comfortable and then, here's the gold, you 'twirl' your abs by pushing on each knee in alternating fashion. Just a minute or so of messing around with those instructions and you'll get the hang of it. Very rewarding to figure that one out. Chia never could describe that one.

There are other "Shatkarmas" to intensify the fasting experience. I'm not making that name up, btw. Enemas, salt water intestinal flushes (dhauti) (I bet magnesium is better.) a form of bellows breathing kapalbhati and trataka gazing at a fixed spot, a candle, or some form of safe sungazing.

I haven't experimented with the others yet, but has my list overlooked any other key players?

Yoda

Usually about 1-3 days into the water portion of a fast produces the metalic taste in my mouth heavy. A lemon or coffee enema produces tar that the epa would have a problem with, if the fda didn't let it get in there to begin with.

The body most definately flushes toxins stored in the top most layers of fat that accumulate.

I enjoyed you sharing your breathing practices, I'm going to experiment with the abdominal spiral you described as my significant others interest in belly dance has be gunging up internally in a lot of different spiral direction that in theexternal martial arts you avoid because you don't want the energy to dissapate out of the horizontal plane/dimension. The interensting thing about internal arts is that as long as the central axis maintains spin and balance, internally you can gyrate the yin/yang empty full aspects in figure 8s and spiral through your body. The belly rolls I'm seeing her doing are identical to this, but mysteriously femine, but not un-referencal to my experience as a man.

Spectrum

Sign in to follow this