Other than...?

Well ... Symbol of heirarchy...the illuminati apparently

What other information do people have about pyramids

In my stress I adopted a triangle posture with my hands above my head

Good call.

That's move 1 in the Baduanjin QiGong.

It's called ( in our path)....

" Hands Push Sky."

Very powerful move if you Breathe right whilst doing it.

The Food Pyramid tells us what we can eat! It is in fact quiet wise i have found after all these years of dabbling in different diets. Bit vague but that is perhaps it's strength.

The government has the most resources to research into these things the best. Paranoia and scepticism of the people only do themselves harm.

The Food Pyramid tells us what we can eat! I

It's OT, but I'm curious, which version of the "food pyramid" are you referring to? It's been updated in recent years.

Also, why in the world would you trust the government to do what's in your best interest, as opposed to the best interest of the food industry? It's in the government's interest to turn us into rapacious consumers of all the most profitable garbage the sundry Industries can think up and spew at us. That's how I see it, anyway.

To the pyramid shape, substance below, spirit above and transformation in the middle. Haha, that's how I see it anyway. Jing, Qi, Shen.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 2

in nature there isn't straight line and geometric shape

plato thought it is divine (geometric shape)

as a Taoist I consider it artificial

• Like 2

Actually there are pyramids in crystal shapes

• Like 2

Both right.

Nature generally abhors symmetry in landscape, flora and fauna but there is some symmetry and geometry in the natural world.

Sunflower seeds form 'round' in a Fibonacci series for example.

That said, they were presumably doing so long before Fibonacci was born.

Edited by GrandmasterP

in nature there isn't straight line and geometric shape

plato thought it is divine (geometric shape)

as a Taoist I consider it artificial

es0506_p1_snowflakes_b.jpg

• Like 1

The 'pyramid shape' ... think of a triangle in 3 dimensions. For me it represents many aspects contained within 3:4 ... I think I wrote about that and triangles somewhere else.

In a way, pyramids represent the 4th aspect of the 'triangular arrangement', or how the 3 elements and the 4 elements interrelate.

3 elements can be viewed as the intrinsic thing itself and its two aspects in duality ; Tao - yin / yang : a coin - heads / tails. : Father, Son Holy Spirit : sulphur, salt, mercury : Air ( pneuma or 'spirit') fire / water : creation, preservation, destruction, – red, blue, yellow ( the three primary colours ... the inherent 4 is the 4 natural colours , green is added) * : electricity positive / negative : temperature, moisture, light : Mother Father Child (to cut through all the mythic terminology), etc.

It is an expression of the single point manifesting 'down' (like a pendant - fire water and air - earth ) or the components of a thing coming together to describe the original unity. The three always has an internal fourth principle concealed or manifesting . Some say the pyramid represents a ray of light ... light coming down into the world of four elements via the three principles (but I think an obelisk seems more appropriate ? ) .

“The World deluded by these Three Gunas does not know Me: Who is beyond these Gunas and imperishable.” Who is this ‘Me’?

" Feeling, and thought, and ecstasy

Are but the cerements of Me.Thrown off like planets from the SunYe ae but satellites of the One.But should your revolution stopYe would inevitably dropHeadlong within the central Soul,And all the parts become the Whole.Sloth and activity and peace,When will ye learn that ye must cease?"

Even with a three sided pyramid there is the fourth underside .... put the principles / triangles together ... on a firm base and height can be achieved - perhaps that can be a principle for any system?

I do like the idea of the pyramid representing the point of origin of ... lets say x or any unity, it is divided by duality (the world and way we experience ) it works via three principles and manifests the world of four elements.

Here is a physiological analogy : There are 3 ‘primary’ colours; red, blue, yellow. There are 4 ‘natural’ colours; red, blue, yellow green : fire, water, air, earth.

We have 3 sets of colour receptors; black and white, blue and yellow and red and green. These three combine to give hundreds of possible hues like purple and magenta.

Within the eye the retina has two types of light sensitive cells called rods and cones. Cones absorb red blue and yellow but do not work well in detecting colour in low light. Rods have ‘sacrificed’ colour reception to work as ‘night vision’ and detect black and white.

Signals travel from the retina along the optic nerves to the visual cortex for sorting and sending to the three relevant parts of the brain to analyse the signals in respect to three qualities; movement, colour, distance. These three parts of the brain send their processed information back to the visual cortex where it integrates the information.

Light – singularity, passes through two types of receptors to make three dimensions of colour, in a duality (or polarity) black / white, blue / yellow, red green, to process through the visual cortex to three parts of the brain and back again to make it possible to observe the four ‘natural colours’ and their combinations.

That is just scratching the surface of the symbolism revealed by meditating on the pyramid shape ... one could go on.

Errrr.

A " triangle in three dimensions".

Shome mishtake shurely?

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP

Also, why in the world would you trust the government to do what's in your best interest, as opposed to the best interest of the food industry? It's in the government's interest to turn us into rapacious consumers of all the most profitable garbage the sundry Industries can think up and spew at us. That's how I see it, anyway.

I have to agree with you on this.

To the pyramid shape, substance below, spirit above and transformation in the middle. Haha, that's how I see it anyway. Jing, Qi, Shen.

Also, base, path, and fruition.

To the OP -

I have a close friend who has become enamored of triangles, pyramids, and the star of David.

He built some out of copper tubing and has used it to purify and energize water, food, and in meditation.

As for me, I don't mess with it much but I do have a lot of respect for my friends insights and discoveries.

Have fun with it!

• Like 1

It's OT, but I'm curious, which version of the "food pyramid" are you referring to? It's been updated in recent years.

I just checked the current one here and seems pretty good. Of course different people work better on different foods and it is very simplistic view but still a good solid basic view. http://www.nutritionaustralia.org/national/resource/healthy-living-pyramid

They have the best scientists working this stuff out. In my experience all the government run companies produce the most reliable and highest quality goods and services over privately run companies. They're not trying to MAKE money, their primary concern is for the people. Everything is not done to a budget, it's done to work. They are often not very efficient, i guess that is their weakness that it costs the tax payer alot but it's worth it. They don't choose the cheapest tenderer, they find the best person for the job. Of course they do make mistakes every now and then but this generally holds true.

The citizens jump from diet to diet according to what's in the limelight in the media. Just think, how many times have you changed your diet and thought you were making better choices in your life? This food pyramid looks pretty much exactly the same as the one i learnt in school 20 years ago, maybe it just says a little less dairy. A slight change compaired to the different diets i assume most people on here have tried in their lifetime. People would be better off not jumping here there and everywhere and just following the advice of the government in the long run. But how else do you learn i guess, need to experience it all yourself so you can realize for yourself.

Australian government is pretty good, i feel they do what is in our best interests, especially with the information they provide to it's citizens. They want us to be healthy strong and productive. They can change the food industry and have done alot in recent years with education in schools, tv, providing free cooking classes, places where you can grow your own food for free. It's more expensive in doctors bills (we have national health) for us to be unhealthy, they want us to be healthy and working and not sucking up funds from the national health system.

I can't speak for America, i've never been, but i sure would love to see Niagra falls.

• Like 1

Oh, zOOse, that was totally dumb on my part. Yes, I had the US government in mind when I made that comment! Please forgive me

Sign in to follow this