johndoe2012

Adrenal fatigue

I agree. Anything that still requires a fair bit of focus can just add to stresses and strains.

For example, sometimes I don't have time to cultivate. Other times I have too much time and over do it. Both lead to fatigue...

So unless it is in balance with everything else, having a day in pyjamas (I mean the ones worn at night haha) in bed with a film isn't a bad alternative to restore you.

Diet, supplement wise, it depends what you regularly eat. Off the top of my head, I would say chia seed and fish is a good idea. Omega 3 is pretty clean, energising and good for your long term health.

Do you feel that you could be lacking iron? Maybe fresh broccoli, spinnach and additional pills are needed? Perhaps a good beef rendang curry also. Can't beat a good rendang :)

Taomeow needs to see this thread...she's more expert. Where did she go??

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

Stress is so easily mixed into our practice when we dont do it in the most quiet of places..

This can be such a pain. Simply a neighbor electrically mowing his lawn while practicing tai-chi or other can / does set all molecules in a stressful state - and then your mind has to work against, put additional effort in it.

I always like to tell myself, yes this is all aditional practice to sharpen ones focus ... to find the silence in noise ... but at the same time I have moments where I call this just plain and utter bullshit as an excuse to not seek very quiet places.

All the best to your adrenals. An excerpt from an article regarding our daily cravings - no idea if it helps you specifically but if not then maybe others

"Cravings for salty foods like potato chips or popcorn often means chronic stress may be taking a toll on your adrenal glands—two triangular-shaped glands that sit atop the kidneys and give us energy and help us to cope with stress of all kinds. Getting on top of the stress in your life is essential. Try medita­tion, breathing exercises, or other stress management techniques. Research at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City showed that people who take a break to breathe deeply or meditate before reach­ing for salty snacks reduced their stress hormones by 25 percent and cut the binging in half."

Hi chris

If you really have adrenal fatigue, you can try this for a few weeks and see how it goes. The company selling the herbs has been recommended by a TTB member who is also a TCM practionner, dmattwads. He said he got good results with their products. I have tried one of them and I can confirm it really works.

Take care,

It's also possible that you are just generally exhausted from the erratic (man-made?) weather we've been having--I know I am.

Most people I know have been complaining of "adrenal fatigue" type symptoms of late.

• Like 1