Sign in to follow this  
idiot_stimpy

Mooiji - Anthony Paul Moo-Young

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Osho's rated higher than Jesus over there.

Osho would definitely giggle at that, so would Jesus, probably.

I just posted that link as a I tend to do whenever jobbing gurus are mentioned.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I've never heard the term jobbing gurus before. Mooji isn't on the list, or at least I can't find him.

Would that be a good thing? :)

Mooji was ranked ' One Star' on there a ways back.

Try his real name.

" Jobbing Guru" is a living guru who sells merchandise.

Books, DVDs, teaching courses and such.

Guru-ing being their 'job'.

Also they tend to be one man bands.

One guru, some disciples.

Hope that helps.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Osho's rated higher than Jesus over there.

Osho would definitely giggle at that, so would Jesus, probably.

I just posted that link as a I tend to do whenever jobbing gurus are mentioned.

Haha. interesting site. Rating gurus like bottles of wine! :P

I do find it amazing and worrying how many people revere Osho and are completely unaware of his drugged up, sociopathic/megalomaniacal tendencies. Most the people I see posting his quotes on Facebook would be horrified if they knew he was not only the perpetrator of the first recorded act of bioterrorism in the USA, but also praised Hitler, said Jews were better off in 'beautiful, scientifically-marvellous gas chambers' and declared homosexuals to be not even human beings. The more I read about the real Rajneesh the more horrified I am about what so-called 'enlightened masters' can get away with :wacko:

Edited by amoyaan
  • Like 1

Yep.

Osho was a merry prankster and no mistake.

That said his Chaung Tzu book is still tops IMO...

Free copy here

http://www.oshorajneesh.com/download/osho-books/Tao/When_the_Shoe_Fits.pdf

I'm told he did write some good stuff, not that I've read much of it. I may have a look. He was a very learned scholar and certainly know how to talk the talk...so credit to him for that. I;m sure he maybe even had ephiphanies and some enlightenment experiences...in the days before the platform shoes, machine guns, bodyguards and rolls royces lol :P

Yeah it all went bits up when they moved out to Rajneeshpuram in the USA.

The Osho brand's still strong though.

There's the official set based at the Resort over in Pune and lots of independent Osho groups dotted around the world.

The official body tried to copyright Osho's name and writings but failed hence I can post that link to the open source book.

This is our UK independent Osho centre.

http://www.osholeela.co.uk/

It's a fun place with some fabulous festivals and events throughout the year.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I had one of my most profound experiences in 13 years of spiritual investigation at a Mooji intensive.

It blew this anxious issue that had been plaguing my thoughts for months, right out the water (without referring to him about it specifically), and after it ended, the walk home was pure now-ness/here-ness. It was my first major Sitori/enlightenment experience I think. Nothing mystical exactly, but just pure now-ness/here-ness, truly, joyous now-ness/here-ness (from previous months of worry); and incredibly depth of presence and bliss, and no real division.

I don't know how much was his words, or his presence/energy vibration etc, or whatever, I don't know, but it was beautiful.

• Like 3

take a look and read about Osho's dead girlfriend and all the other people he F%$^& up and then tell me how interesting that fallen s.o.b. is...

• Like 1

Mooji is extraordinary and unwavering in his teaching right at the pivot point of Awakening.

Among the finest teachers that I have heard from.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Whether a guru is rated or not - demeaning them or relegating them all to the dung heap of sellers of wisdom is a deed with no honor.

It is interesting as well to hear from some of the real true teachers here and there who divulge that they wished they had managed their money a bit better for their spouse and household as they have gotten older and squandered much of what was given because of the unfortunate distain for something which should have no inherent distaste (money).

Very few are like Rajneesh with his 47 Rolls Royce's etc.

And many of the truly greats had some bad habits until the day they died.

Unfortunately we have a bar that starts with water walking and vigin birth - pretty ridiculous bar.

We need to tone down the bar and skepticism - forgive the rape of preachers and priests and churches.

Consistently going off to war for no reason has been the alternative for way too long.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

Whether a guru is rated or not - demeaning them or relegating them all to the dung heap of sellers of wisdom is a deed with no honor.

It is interesting as well to hear from some of the real true teachers here and there who divulge that they wished they had managed their money a bit better for their spouse and household as they have gotten older and squandered much of what was given because of the unfortunate distain for something which should have no inherent distaste (money).

Very few are like Rajneesh with his 47 Rolls Royce's etc.

And many of the truly greats had some bad habits until the day they died.

Unfortunately we have a bar that starts with water walking and vigin birth - pretty ridiculous bar.

We need to tone down the bar and skepticism - forgive the rape of preachers and priests and churches.

Consistently going off to war for no reason has been the alternative for way too long.

it would also help if the term guru was used more truthfully instead of its westernized co-opting which is often way off the mark.

As for forgiveness, what bar does the Spirit set for that? (as in a major change in a person along with repentance that is real thus not not just an idealistically given forgiveness)

• Like 2

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen IN MY LIFE.......hands down.

Rating Gurus? If one observes the guru, one would understand the guru...particularly if one actually sat down and spoke with the guru and observed the guru's actions!

Is that NOT the way to test?

Jesus said "A bad tree cannot bear good fruit....Nor a good tree bad fruit."

Consider this.........

Stefos

Guru ratings!

I rather like it.

But then I do have a taste for the ridiculous.

er, funniest er guru, er yeah, moving swiftly on...

I'll really be at the bottom of the league but ya gotta start somewhere!

:lol:

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

Funny that instead of investing time scrutinising one's own habits and emotions the masses engross themselves with scrutinising the behavioural patterns of others. A bit like soccer... millions of observers keenly watching a ball kicked around by a few dozen good players who, individually, pocket more money in a year than the average spectator will earn in ten, before taxes.

• Like 1

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen IN MY LIFE.......hands down.

Rating Gurus? If one observes the guru, one would understand the guru...particularly if one actually sat down and spoke with the guru and observed the guru's actions!

Is that NOT the way to test?

Jesus said "A bad tree cannot bear good fruit....Nor a good tree bad fruit."

Consider this.........

Stefos

Sarlo's Guru Ratings has been around for years.

The ratings are based on customer feedback and , as such; serve the same purpose as do reviews on Amazon.

You need to know how to factor out the obvious 'Guru PR' super excellent comments along with the ' honeymoon over, angry sorts'.

Somewhere in the middle is about 'how good' the rated guru is.

Guru-ing is a profession, Gurus make their living by it and as such, being a service industry; gurus can be, and are; 'rated'.

Couldn't find Mooji there either.

Dalai Lama - 2,5* = = limited, some handicaps, or maybe not yet full stature
Jesus Christ - 2 = very limited, narrow approach or ideology, or still developing

At least Dalai Lama still has some time to improve to '3* the greats, helping many'.

Sign in to follow this