Hi, my female partner and I have a question about "jing". We have determined that at my age and physical condition, it is best that I conserve my jing as best I can. (semen retention, recirculation of the energy) However, she feels that she needs as much male jing as possible for her balance. We have found a young devotee (male) to help her in that regard. He shares his jing with her about two times per week.

Here is my question: I have heard that it is bad for a woman to receive jing from more than one male. (Her body gets confused, or something like that) Since it is wise for me to retain, is it advisable that I no longer share my jing with her at all?

It seems this leaves two basic options: first, I am allowed intercourse with her, but be sure to retain my semen. The second--and it is her choice--that I do not have intercourse with her at all.

Does anyone have experience or comments on this? I have read (not a reliable source) that the "Jade Dragon" does not share semen with his "White Tigress" and that she only receives semen from the "Green Dragons".

Thank you in advance for any advice.

David

• Like 1

I found that post quite thought provoking.

Thank you very much.

I look forward to others' replies.

xxx.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

this is not at all and in any way a realistic view on jing! first thing jing is pressure (energy pressure) built up in the body from neikung practice. second losing semen dosent mean you loose jing! and third its only in her mind and out of habit that she think she needs anyone elses jing except her own, thats a truly parasitic way of thinking. one should only share energy in this manner when making children. i know this is differnt from what most ppl "BELIEVE" the natural way is but its true especially in the case of those who practice neikung. some advice would be to practice tantra it will help you figure out how to have sex and retain energy/jing. also another book, the tao of sexology by stephen t chang read them well..peace be with you

• Like 4

this is not at all and in any way a realistic view on jing! first thing jing is pressure (energy pressure) built up in the body from neikung practice. second losing semen dosent mean you loose jing! and third its only in her mind and out of habit that she think she needs anyone elses jing except her own, thats a truly parasitic way of thinking. one should only share energy in this manner when making children. i know this is differnt from what most ppl "BELIEVE" the natural way is but its true especially in the case of those who practice neikung. some advice would be to practice tantra it will help you figure out how to have sex and retain energy/jing. also another book, the tao of sexology by stephen t chang read them well..peace be with you

why the hell do people think sex is for anything other then reproduction.... that is the only reason.

if they both just stop having intercourse with people and conserve there own jing they will be fine. but no they want to do the only thing that takes away there jing while preaching they wanna conserve.

• Like 3

Thank you for the comment Captain Mar Vell.....

I am asking a serious question. I would hope the others can refrain themselves from ridicule.....but, after all, it is the internet....

I still hope someone can answer or comment on my literal question.

Thanks.

David

• Like 3

David, I would like to move your thread on over to the Taoist discussion section so that more SERIOUS practitioners might run into it, and give their insights... what do you think?

PS stating your age and any health issues you have might help as it is quite relevant to your question.

• Like 2

Btw, there are definitely a few folks who will have intercourse but not cum, and they have found that to work extremely well for their practice and Jing retention. Also talking with a TCM about this would help as they can assess your personal energy balances, as well as any lack thereof.

• Like 2

Hi, my female partner and I have a question about "jing". We have determined that at my age and physical condition, it is best that I conserve my jing as best I can. (semen retention, recirculation of the energy) However, she feels that she needs as much male jing as possible for her balance. We have found a young devotee (male) to help her in that regard. He shares his jing with her about two times per week.

Here is my question: I have heard that it is bad for a woman to receive jing from more than one male. (Her body gets confused, or something like that) Since it is wise for me to retain, is it advisable that I no longer share my jing with her at all?

It seems this leaves two basic options: first, I am allowed intercourse with her, but be sure to retain my semen. The second--and it is her choice--that I do not have intercourse with her at all.

Does anyone have experience or comments on this? I have read (not a reliable source) that the "Jade Dragon" does not share semen with his "White Tigress" and that she only receives semen from the "Green Dragons".

Thank you in advance for any advice.

David

Google:

Tantra

- it's different in terminology, but what you might be searching for

• Like 1

My relatively uninformed 2 bits. Unless you're a pretty 'high up' practitioner such 'weaknesses' make so little difference that it doesn't matter. I feel similarly with retention. Until you're way up there, just practice some tantra and limit your ejaculation, but don't obsess over it. Ejaculation is healthy and natural, until you're successfully transforming jing into chi (or whatever) you don't need to worry about it too much, certainly not on the householder path.

To me, more significant is how well you deal psychologically with sharing your partner. That issue may not be so subtle. If its troubling or causing friction in the relationship, you might want to end it.

P.S just imagine in my opinion, written after each line :).

• Like 1

Thank you all for the comments. BTW, it's perfectly ok to move the thread over to the Taoist discussion area.

Re: Thelerner, Good point on the psychological aspect of sharing my partner. The sharing part is perfectly fine. It's gets a wee bit tougher to be excluded. But I read MANY, many posts on this forum about the necessity of retention. I can only conclude that the preponderance of "retention" proponents on this forum are not wrong. Therefore, her and I are determined that I retain as best I can. I respectfully recognize that the purist will advise that "there is more to it than retention", but as a newbie, I have to start somewhere tangible.

I still wonder if there is any thoughts on the "jing confusion" for a woman if she receives it from more than one male.

David

• Like 1

But I read MANY, many posts on this forum about the necessity of retention. I can only conclude that the preponderance of "retention" proponents on this forum are not wrong.

This is unfortunate, because they are absolutely wrong. It's very bad for a person's health to retain semen during sex or masturbation. It's also useless, spiritually and alchemically. It's just one of those false practices that are out there, which everyone obsesses over because of how seemingly easy it is to do (you mean I can still have sex?!), and how challenging sexual issues are.

If you're starting to have health issues due to your age, you should look into other things. For instance, have this daily. That's much more effective than any semen retention, and sometimes even more effective than actual celibacy. Get light exercise like walking a few miles and doing low to moderate full body resistance training. There are proven ways to lengthen your life as well as increase its quality.

Just some suggestions and also a hint that these ideas about jing are wrong. Jing is not semen. Retaining semen won't add years or quality to your life.

I suggest you don't have other men sleep with your female partner, and only you do it, and stop worrying about semen.

#unpopular-yet-absolutely-true-opinions

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 6

The thing with semen retention was invented by taoists for emperors who had harems with 1000 women. For emperor it was required to have retention to survive so many wives and concubines. But otherwise they were doing natural practices.

The Complete Reality school had two sects, the North sect was requiring complete celibacy and vegetarianism, they were completely monks exactly as buddhists monks. The southern sect were using sexual practices, they were allowed to be married and some of them were practicing sexual techniques with postitutes. The idea was to absorb the Jing from the female which is the Yin essence so that they combine with their Yang essence from the male JIng. Probably they were doing this because in North the weather is yin and they could balance their internal heat from yang energy with the yin energy from the environment, while in the South it was much warmer and they needed extra yin energy. Also the young females were breastfeeding the elders, so that they be nourished with yin female energy. In both sects they were doing meditation, because that was the point of having balanced yin and yang energies.

• Like 3

There seems to be two types of semen retention: Politically correct and politically incorrect. I admit, I am shocked that a forum absolutely chock full of semen retention posts about the benefits thereof, has so resolutely recommended against it in my case.

I am more confused than ever. Let's ignore the politically incorrect aspect of what my partner would do....what about retention in general? Isn't that good for me? Or should I spill semen freely and not worry about it?

David

You should spill it wisely, according to Mantak Chia there is a rule depending on your age: at 20 once a day

At 30 once a week, at 40 once a month, at 50 try to keep it, at 60 i don't think there is the case anymore but if you obeyed this rule all your life, you may have some leftover.

• Like 3

There seems to be two types of semen retention: Politically correct and politically incorrect. I admit, I am shocked that a forum absolutely chock full of semen retention posts about the benefits thereof, has so resolutely recommended against it in my case.

I am more confused than ever. Let's ignore the politically incorrect aspect of what my partner would do....what about retention in general? Isn't that good for me? Or should I spill semen freely and not worry about it?

David

At least personally speaking, it's not just your case that I advise against it. For all people semen retention is both harmful and useless. This perspective is from 1) a legitimate alchemy school, 2) Ayurveda, 3) Chinese medicine, 4) personal experience.

And i was shocked to find out there was gambling going on at the back of Rick's.

You have to understand that retention is a controversial subject. Within Taoist classics there is a difference of opinion (see Yellow Emperor and plain woman text). So certainly you'd get people here who disagree.

It doesn't help that you have people relating there own real world experience and coming up with different results too.

Nothing wrong with some experimentation but don't obsess or think there is only one way.

• Like 2

At least personally speaking, it's not just your case that I advise against it. For all people semen retention is both harmful and useless. This perspective is from 1) a legitimate alchemy school, 2) Ayurveda, 3) Chinese medicine, 4) personal experience.

this is where schools and personal experience differs: (1) the school im apart of, semen retention was the first thing taught, along with basic alchemy (and the reasons thereof), (2) ayurveda goes over a natural way of living, the natural way is not of taoist alchemy! which uses semen retention to develop the dantien and internal fortutide. (3) the same for chinese medicine it follows the naural course (4) personal experience from my self and my "brothers" who have been using this method for 11+ years and have had no complications whatso ever. if you have problems with retention is more than likley because its being done wrong...charles luk explains it the best, He says that the average man will never understand nor take it seriously because to them its laughable, but true practisioners know its true purpose! and out of 40 high level practisioners only a hand full knew the correct alchemy. charles luk was tasked with finding and gathering the knowledge of the highest level masters around the world and so he did, and made it accessible to all who wished to follow true taoist alchemy. ive read so many books but his is the most complete!

• Like 3

this is where schools and personal experience differs: (1) the school im apart of, semen retention was the first thing taught, along with basic alchemy (and the reasons thereof), (2) ayurveda goes over a natural way of living, the natural way is not of taoist alchemy! which uses semen retention to develop the dantien and internal fortutide. (3) the same for chinese medicine it follows the naural course (4) personal experience from my self and my "brothers" who have been using this method for 11+ years and have had no complications whatso ever. if you have problems with retention is more than likley because its being done wrong...charles luk explains it the best, He says that the average man will never understand nor take it seriously because to them its laughable, but true practisioners know its true purpose! and out of 40 high level practisioners only a hand full knew the correct alchemy. charles luk was tasked with finding and gathering the knowledge of the highest level masters around the world and so he did, and made it accessible to all who wished to follow true taoist alchemy. ive read so many books but his is the most complete!

Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

...charles luk explains it the best, He says that the average man will never understand nor take it seriously because to them its laughable, but true practisioners know its true purpose! and out of 40 high level practisioners only a hand full knew the correct alchemy. charles luk was tasked with finding and gathering the knowledge of the highest level masters around the world and so he did, and made it accessible to all who wished to follow true taoist alchemy. ive read so many books but his is the most complete!

This might muddy the waters, but (I could be wrong) Charles Luk (see http://terebess.hu/zen/mesterek/luk.html) wasn't a Taoist. He was a devoted Ch'an Buddhist. I've found Taoist Yoga to be a fascinating book, but.. it wasn't written by a Taoist.

• Like 3

Aiwass shocked ta find out der wuz gamblin' going on at the back of Rick's!

You have to understand that retention is a controversial subject. Within Taoist classics there is a difference of opinion (see Yellow Emperor and plain woman text). So certainly you'd get people here who disagree.

It doesn't help that you have people relating there own real world experience and coming up with different results too.

Nothing wrong with some experimentation but don't obsess or think there is only one way.

Shocked!

I waz SHOCKED AYE tellz yer!

Butt I am sure we can agree to disagree.

There is at least some agreement in dat.

And I like agreement.

I'm a joiner.

Not a divider.

;)

:)

XXX.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1