Sign in to follow this  
kudos100

Hello all, looking for help with energy medicine gone wrong

Hi Everyone,

I have read the forum for some time, but thought it would be a good idea to sign up.

For most of my life I have suffered from OCD. 5 years ago I had a relapse and was desperate to try and do something to help myself.

I decided to try an energy technique called EFT where you tap on meridians and say what you would like to be healed. I tapped away many times asking for the parts of my brain to be healed which are involved in OCD.

After a while some very strange happened. The volume of my obsessive thoughts reduced and I felt a shift of energy at the front of my brain and in my eyes.

It felt as if the energy of my thoughts had been transformed into energy stuck in body. That night I did not sleep and neither did I sleep the following night. I ended up in terrible state and went to hospital as I was worried I might do something stupid.

Since this time I have have chronic insomnia and constantly feel like my brain is over heating. I have been trying to rectify this for the last 5 things and have tried many things. I've been to acupuncturists, reiki healers, a qi gong healer, meditation, microcosmic orbit etc.

Nothing has really a dent and I am still struggling. I can push the energy around my body, but it never releases.

I believe the thought energy has somehow become trapped in my body by doing the EFT and I need to try and find a way to reverse it.

If anyone has ideas or suggestions I'd be grateful.

Thanks for listening.

Hello Kudos100 and welcome to the Tao Bums. You have already got some advice from B.K.A. and I hope that you will find it of value.

You will now be free to post on the site but we ask that you read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and read the forum terms and rules before getting started http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers alll that you need be aware of.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

Get ahold of the guy who Michael who runs www.emofree.com www.eftrescue.com and tell him his Enochian friend said to get ahold of him. I'm pretty sure it would not cost for his advice.

I'm not sure who you mean. As far as I am aware Gary Craig runs emofree. When it happened I spoke to Gary (founder of EFT) and he was rude and unhelpful. The whole thing has made me very weary of EFT.

If you know someone who might be helpful, I'm all ears.

I'm not sure who you mean. As far as I am aware Gary Craig runs emofree. When it happened I spoke to Gary (founder of EFT) and he was rude and unhelpful. The whole thing has made me very weary of EFT.

If you know someone who might be helpful, I'm all ears.

Oh, oops, I never did click on my friend's links, I just always assumed they were his site. I'll PM you my friend's email addy. I was thinking more just undo the EFT stuff, or figure out what went wrong, then go onto something which works better for you. Unfortunate about the guy being rude; perhaps he needs to do some tapping stuff in his heart meridian? :D (I don't know how hit works, just making a joke based on what you said about how it works).

Mrs GMP does that tapping and swears by it.

It doesn't work well for me though, unless she's there talking me through it I forget the sequence.

• Like 1

I've been to acupuncturists, reiki healers, a qi gong healer, meditation, microcosmic orbit etc.

This might not be right for you but, ime, it's been worth while to continue searching through acupuncturists. Acupuncturists' style/skill vary a lot. If you've a complicated/unusual case sometimes a small fraction of the acupuncturists you go to will be effective, but that 1 or 2 that help can be life-savers.
  • Like 3

If you push energy around your body but it never releases, try shaking/bouncing as a warm up or as part of a qigong sequence.

You'll see it demonstrated at the beginning of this video, though you might want to shake your feet and ankles out too.

The style demonstrated here is a great one for releasing, but not limited to that. Another style that employs this shaking technique is Michael Winn's "Five Treasures qigong" which I also highly recommend (it's like a Five Animals/Primordial Qigong short form, made to be simple, balanced, and easily effective, ime).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvCaY7n8-1s

• Like 1

This might not be right for you but, ime, it's been worth while to continue searching through acupuncturists. Acupuncturists' style/skill vary a lot. If you've a complicated/unusual case sometimes a small fraction of the acupuncturists you go to will be effective, but that 1 or 2 that help can be life-savers.

Thanks Trunk, I have been considering going to see someone new.

If you push energy around your body but it never releases, try shaking/bouncing as a warm up or as part of a qigong sequence.

The qigong master I went to see suggested something similar, which I practiced for a while, but didn't feel I was getting much in the way of results. I had more success with breathing into my feet and imagining the energy releasing out of the toes.

What I have found with qigong is that it tends to build up more energy rather than reduce it, which makes things worse for me.

Thank you for the video, I will have a go.

• Like 3

QiGong doesn't suit everybody.

If you feel worse after cultivating then stop playing that cultivation.

TaiChi might suit you or a maybe sitting cultivation.

Thing is to keep looking and you'll find something for sure.

Rule of thumb with all cultivation.

If it makes you feel worse at the end than you did when you started.

Don't do it.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Hello Kudos 100

There is something called "Psychological disturbances due to erroneous Qi Gong". You could say the same with physical disturbances.

Another fact is that treatment in chinese medicine, as well as in qi gong can be long. Sometimes it takes several months, to a year or more to cure a symtome. If it does not do you wrong, and if you feel a little better, then continue until you are cured.

Excepetially qi gong should never be praticed without a teachers regular counceling. I have witnessed several times things going wrong for patients who did a lot of energy work on their own without being enough experienced.

This is the reason why you should never do qi gong or, acupuncture, or tapping whithout consulting a professionnal, or somebody having a serious study behind her/him.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this