fluidity

After kundalini awakening, what next?

After an individual has successfully raised their Kundalini to the crown chakra, producing the satori/enlightenment experience, what is the next stage of progression? What does living with an activated kundalini present that is not present in an inactive kundalini?

I have felt some awesome things mostly working with energy - after a little qigong (i.e. many hours a day consecutively for a few months) I find myself able to build up globs of energy and mould them into shapes. It feels fairly difficult to do this as it needs hours of movement work to build the energy into one ball of momentum.

What does kundalini give to the person who has activated it?

According to Robert Bruce, kundalini is only activated once, but active is different from raised, as after k rises it descends, and so can be raised again. He says that the energy body is more developed the more times k is raised. I don't know how much of what he says and teaches I agree with, but when it comes to k, the guy seems to have a lot of experience (which many of the 'teachers' out there lack).

I can't give any real insight into k as I haven't raised it myself, but I see such matters as only a part of a much bigger picture of cultivation. Someone could spend decades working on their chi and k and what-not and make no serious progress to enlightenment.

Kundalini can only do so much if the depths of the mind hold onto false perceptual filters (or, I guess, any perceptual filters). The real deal for me is virtue, concentration and insight. Those three trainings are what really purify the mind, uproot delusion and result in liberation. All the stuff about chi and k is valuable only to the extent that it is applied to supporting those, IMHO. And doing those will automatically result in chi unblocking, k naturally rising, with no effort on the energy side of things. :)

Edited by Seeker of Tao

Here, I am speaking from my experiences. :) Are you on drugs? A drug induced kundalini energy rising experience is problematic because you need the mental wisdom and your own nature to handle the experience. The experience is both physical and spiritual. If you lack the spiritual ability and to understand your experience, this is going to be a bad ride for you. I am not going to say much until you can tell me if you used drugs or not.

I can't give any real insight into k as I haven't raised it myself, but I see such matters as only a part of a much bigger picture of cultivation. Someone could spend decades working on their chi and k and what-not and make no serious progress to enlightenment.

IME, that statement is a load of poopy. Ones energetic signature is directly related to ones mental, emotional, physical and spiritual state. All of these practices are inter-related. Virtue, Chi Kung, Insight, Concentration......etc. I personally have found that concentration exercises (meditation) paired with exercises in circulating energy (Chi-Kung)to be highly complementary to each other....a balanced approach without extremes is important for any practitioner.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 4

Ones energetic signature is directly related to ones mental, emotional, physical and spiritual state. All of these practices are inter-related. Virtue, Chi Kung, Insight, Concentration......etc. I personally have found that concentration exercises (meditation) paired with exercises in circulating energy (Chi-Kung)to be highly complementary to each other....a balanced approach without extremes is important for any practitioner.

Absolutely agreed. However, only working on the energetic side cannot provide fully-rounded mental development - it's still within the bounds of samsara.

Edited by Seeker of Tao
  • Like 1

If you're lucky, nothing. If not, well, keep those benzos in handy...

Absolutely agreed. However, only working on the energetic side cannot provide fully-rounded mental development - it's still within the bounds of samsara.

I don't think there is such a thing as "ONLY WORKING ON THE ENERGETIC SIDE" its impossible to "only work on the energetic side" because "only the energetic side" doesn't exist..... its a dualistic concept within the intellect that is setting a boundary that does not actually exist within actual life......that was the point of my original post. Stillness meditations involve energy, Concentrative meditation involves energy....etc.

For example, in the movement neigong I practice it takes a lot of concentration to move the energy around me as the form is designed to do. Also although I do not abide by any strict moral rules.....I am constant self-reflecting.....practicing neigong has made me a better, wiser and more enlightened person and thus given me significant insight into my life.

That being said I practice many other things which act as contributing streams to my energetic practices and enhance my overall state as a human being. Although there are practices that primarily focus on the energetic side....there is no "only the energetic side".....that is intellectual nonsense that doesn't reflect actual reality....all of these things cross pollinate each other.

What is inside and outside of samsara is not something I feel I am qualified to comment on.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 3

I am not disagreeing with any of that. My point is that if someone fixates on energy that is attachment to form, and liberation requires no clinging to any phenomena. Meaning in the end, cultivation itself needs to be dropped.

If someone thinks that enlightenment is having a perfectly developed energy body, they are taking a mechanistic view of the unconditioned and non conceptual. It's not so different from saying having great abs makes you enlightened. If someone is only enlightened so long as their energy body is functioning in a particular way, that is not enlightenment because it depends on temporary phenomena. Saying that energy development will happen along the way, and that doing things to actively promote it helps, is more accurate.

The same principles also apply to virtue, concentration and wisdom... someone could be a highly developed being with profound compassion, samadhi and insight, but if they are still clinging to their views and attainments they may have no realisation and still be firmly lodged in samsara. The greatest wisdom destroys wisdom itself. The most noble being in samsara is a pile of bones and thoughts.

Someone can have raised k without being enlightened, but an enlightened person will have raised k along the way whether or not they sought it.

Edited by Seeker of Tao
  • Like 4

After an individual has successfully raised their Kundalini to the crown chakra, producing the satori/enlightenment experience, what is the next stage of progression? What does living with an activated kundalini present that is not present in an inactive kundalini?

I have felt some awesome things mostly working with energy - after a little qigong (i.e. many hours a day consecutively for a few months) I find myself able to build up globs of energy and mould them into shapes. It feels fairly difficult to do this as it needs hours of movement work to build the energy into one ball of momentum.

You then still have to deal with hundreds of lifetimes of conditioning which still exists within all the cells and various energetic bodies within your system. An active kundalini is just going to bring all of that conditioning more into awareness and intensify any patterns as the energy is going to be bumping up against it all of the time.

• Like 3

Someone can have raised k without being enlightened, but an enlightened person will have raised k along the way whether or not they sought it.

I've heard it said before, and I believe it is true.

You can be Kundalini Adept without being ILLUMINATED.

But you cannot be ILLUMINATED without also BEING Kundalini Adept.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

All goji berries must understand the way of the goji berry

Edited by skydog
  • Like 3

I don't neccesarily subscribe to the enlightenment model of cultivation. But I understand where you coming from Seeker.....it's very much possible to be a great cultivator and still be a douche and be very attached....though I would say it would be a very difficult thing to achieve....as most people whom cultivate for awhile seem to have a good sense of humor and are quite relaxed people.

Sorry for raiding your thread Fluidity. In response to your question regarding after "K" is full awakened. I know a couple people whom have fully awakened Kundalini....taken it to the top and had the ahhhhhh!! experience.

There just regular people doing there thing, pursuing there careers, continuing to cultivate and grow as practitioners and human beings, taking care of there families.....etc.They don't walk around in flowing robes or levitate the garbage out the door. You would never know they were practitioners.

For a good run down of someone else's experience of "k" I would read Path notes by Glenn Morris. It's a classic.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

an authentic path is the most ordinary of paths. There are just too many distractions around, things that mesmerize and sway, one moment here, next moment, there.... and Kundalini is no different. Authentic Kundalini is not an experience. It is simply an unknotting process that works in tandem with a 'shedding' principle, much like a snake discarding its skin. When its done, its done. Not much use talking about the skin as it comes away, is there? More so when the old skin cannot be reused as patchwork. Why the fascination with the layers peeling off? Just get thru it, and get on with moving on. That is the crucial 'next', and always will be. The snake does not bother too much as it happens, so why do humans get all frazzled over it? By being mesmerized, there is the tendency to miss the lesson in transformation. Waste not this.

• Like 4

an authentic path is the most ordinary of paths. There are just too many distractions around, things that mesmerize and sway, one moment here, next moment, there.... and Kundalini is no different. Authentic Kundalini is not an experience. It is simply an unknotting process that works in tandem with a 'shedding' principle, much like a snake discarding its skin. When its done, its done. Not much use talking about the skin as it comes away, is there? More so when the old skin cannot be reused as patchwork. Why the fascination with the layers peeling off? Just get thru it, and get on with moving on. That is the crucial 'next', and always will be. The snake does not bother too much as it happens, so why do humans get all frazzled over it? By being mesmerized, there is the tendency to miss the lesson in transformation. Waste not this.

Yeah, is just the first stage or first state jhana. Nothing to get too thrilled about it. You know there are 4 jhanas. :) Where is the OP now??? Oh, by nature, the serpent goddess is destructive, fyi. You can't be reborn and to create something new without destroying something. So, it isn't all the new age, feel good kind of experience.

The experience is never ordinary because your jing or your serpent energy is slowly burning up itself and to all of your chakras. Look up many of the Taoist diagram depictions or illustrations of Buddhas meditating. You would see flames and fire surrounding them. And that's why. :) The sensation is like being burnt up, literally. And followed by the appearance of a nimitta. Is the most divine event you could possibility experience. Because it is a state of jhana, that too, must be considered an illusion.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the responses guys!

Yes I felt the process to be very destructive, the energy obliterated several major blockages in my body but I came through and it shot out or up to the crown chakra and I experienced dissolution, fana. It was amazing!

Well, I feel the "cool breeze" of Sahaja Yoga on my hands and I can feel the chaitanya, the vibrations running through each finger and the palms. After I came back from nirvikalpa I was staring at my left hand and I observed a white light cut a y shaped fork into my palm, which I looked up later and found to be the line of health/wealth and the line of fate. The Kundalini is etching lines into my hands continually but every so often, for instance I was looking at my left hand and the line of fate a few years after the initial experience and then I saw a floating outline of a potential line and it asked me to designate a place for this new line and I could move it up and down on the fate line and adjust its length to some extent; then I selected the place I felt best and the white light shone bright and laser etched the line into place. This has happened on the other hand, a line of fate and health are forming too. The vibrations are going to town!

So all of this points to something greater. You say it is the first jhana, well thank you for the pointer. I thought nirvikalpa samadhi was the second endpoint as far as samadhis go; leaving sahaja samadhi and also I have heard, dharma-megha samadhi and kaivalya samadhi. So is there a place I can read more about the remaining jhanas and how to enter and pass through them? I practice Vipassana and emptiness meditations and I've been doing this for a few years with fervor. Whatever it is, it feels amazing. Kundalini drove me psychotic during the bursting phases and I went into intense manic overdrive psychedelic visionary states. It felt like something I had been waiting for my whole life, before I ever took a drug or cared for drugs I had been anticipating this and it felt like a constant background lurking sensation while growing up.

Yes, there are drugs involved and I believe that they played a large part in contributing to the psychotic side of things. I took copious amounts of mimosahuasca and what really did it was LSD. I had been expecting a breakthrough from the combined effect of insight meditation, breathing techniques and high dose psychedelic states and it came through hard and fast, began in May 2010, ended in October 2011 which I found rather incredible and left me speechless!

Yeah Kundalini kicks your ass!

Peace folks, I will have to investigate further on Path Notes but if anyone had information about what an individual can do with an activated kundalini I would love to hear it and also hear your personal experiences. I have since met a few Kundalini activated individuals in real life and it is amazing being in such people's presence, their eyes seem to draw you into a gaping void.

• Like 3

Thank you so much for the responses guys!

Yes I felt the process to be very destructive, the energy obliterated several major blockages in my body but I came through and it shot out or up to the crown chakra and I experienced dissolution, fana. It was amazing!

Well, I feel the "cool breeze" of Sahaja Yoga on my hands and I can feel the chaitanya, the vibrations running through each finger and the palms. After I came back from nirvikalpa I was staring at my left hand and I observed a white light cut a y shaped fork into my palm, which I looked up later and found to be the line of health/wealth and the line of fate. The Kundalini is etching lines into my hands continually but every so often, for instance I was looking at my left hand and the line of fate a few years after the initial experience and then I saw a floating outline of a potential line and it asked me to designate a place for this new line and I could move it up and down on the fate line and adjust its length to some extent; then I selected the place I felt best and the white light shone bright and laser etched the line into place. This has happened on the other hand, a line of fate and health are forming too. The vibrations are going to town!

So all of this points to something greater. You say it is the first jhana, well thank you for the pointer. I thought nirvikalpa samadhi was the second endpoint as far as samadhis go; leaving sahaja samadhi and also I have heard, dharma-megha samadhi and kaivalya samadhi. So is there a place I can read more about the remaining jhanas and how to enter and pass through them? I practice Vipassana and emptiness meditations and I've been doing this for a few years with fervor. Whatever it is, it feels amazing. Kundalini drove me psychotic during the bursting phases and I went into intense manic overdrive psychedelic visionary states. It felt like something I had been waiting for my whole life, before I ever took a drug or cared for drugs I had been anticipating this and it felt like a constant background lurking sensation while growing up.

Yes, there are drugs involved and I believe that they played a large part in contributing to the psychotic side of things. I took copious amounts of mimosahuasca and what really did it was LSD. I had been expecting a breakthrough from the combined effect of insight meditation, breathing techniques and high dose psychedelic states and it came through hard and fast, began in May 2010, ended in October 2011 which I found rather incredible and left me speechless!

Yeah Kundalini kicks your ass!

Peace folks, I will have to investigate further on Path Notes but if anyone had information about what an individual can do with an activated kundalini I would love to hear it and also hear your personal experiences. I have since met a few Kundalini activated individuals in real life and it is amazing being in such people's presence, their eyes seem to draw you into a gaping void.

Stop taking drugs for the next few months to see if you can still experience the kundalini energy. And to see what other issues you may experience. You have to make sure you aren't experiencing withdrawals. You want to make sure your mind and body aren't depending on drugs to induce a samadhi. In the worst case, your mind and body are fixated onto these experiences without gaining additional wisdom about yourself and the world. You just want to experience the ride but not knowing why. Don't worry about the other jhanas.

• Like 1

It's truly ashame, how the term "Kundalini" is abused.. no one knows what it is anymore. All I see these days is "CHAKRA FREQUENCY HEALING THROUGH KUNDALINI", "BEST SEX WITH ACTIVATED KUNDALINI TANTRIK MAGICK HEALING", "EMOTIONAL BALANCE WITH KUNDALINI", "LOVE WITH KUNDALINI", all of these other bullshit.

In the west, you see these people in suits, especially in the newage cricle claiming to have taken the Kundalini to the top and still have the interest for money and materialistic things and other worldly pursuits and selling courses and books on "how to awaken kundalini". It's ridiculus, do you even know the end goal of kundalini? Nirvana. It's also a huge shame to see the term "nirvana" being abused too. There's no coming back from nirvana, you're done, free from everything, all thoughts, incarnation, all! beyond heaven and hell, annihilated completely, like diving in a black hole and never coming back, no individuality nor the state of non dual, just nothing, that is nirvana, this is what kundalini will do to you if you take it to the top, a serious goal for all real aspirants.

But anyway back on topic, here's the closest "authority"( - I don't like this term, no one owns anything), but yes, on the Kundalini:

"if you could just for a moment experience the power of a fully awakened
Kundalini Shakti you would know what bull is being put out by these
phony Yogis who say that the Kundalini can be felt as a creepy feeling
in the spine, or as a cool breeze in the palm. Creepy feeling, my foot!
And to control Kundalini, do you think it is some sort of joke? Never!
For an ordinary human to control Kundalini is impossible, or nearly so.
Only immortals can properly control Her."

&&

"if you hope to continue to exist after Kundalini is awakened completely
you must be able to make Her go from the Muladhara to the Sahasrara, and
then in the reverse direction, downs from Sahasrara to the Muladhara, under
perfect control. Prana and Apana are then perfectly united."

a reply to a westerner from an authentic aghori tantrika, from the book "Aghora ll".

In the west and even the neo hathic schools in the east, have no true authentic yogic lineage. No real yogic lineage will ever exposed itself to the public or for a fee. To these people who claim to have awaken Kundalini: Can you sit in lotus posture for 3-9 hours in utter stillness? Can you stop your breath for an hour without a tiny bit of struggle? Also this can be addressed to the "yogic masters of the west" who are in the cover of these yoga magazines/dvds/books thinking they're hotshit because they have advance flexibility skills or these false swamis in the west. I doubt none of them can do it! And this stuff is required for the basic awakening of the kundalini as said in the authentic yogic scriptures.

It's a shame what "kundalini" has became today. It's even a bigger shame to see "yoga" being turned into a neo-hathic movement and an industry. You really think a true knower of the kundalini would come to the west and reveal the secrets of the kundalini for a fee? Pfffffffft

god delusional people everywhere..

Edited by Kryptyn
  • Like 3

It's truly ashame, how the term "Kundalini" is abused.. no one knows what it is anymore. All I see these days is "CHAKRA FREQUENCY HEALING THROUGH KUNDALINI", "BEST SEX WITH ACTIVATED KUNDALINI TANTRIK MAGICK HEALING", "EMOTIONAL BALANCE WITH KUNDALINI", "LOVE WITH KUNDALINI", all of these other bullshit.

God delusional people everywhere..

A FUCKING MEN.

;)

:)

XXX.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

A toilet that keeps swirling and flushing your endless diarrhea.

Is this true? I know this woman who sometimes gets spontaneous orgasms, and after she has diarrhea. I thought it could be Kundalini being randomly stimulated, but it's weird. She doesn't do yoga or any spiritual practice. This happened after she gave birth, so maybe that awoke something in her.

In the west, you see these people in suits, especially in the newage cricle claiming to have taken the Kundalini to the top and still have the interest for money and materialistic things and other worldly pursuits and selling courses and books on "how to awaken kundalini". It's ridiculus, do you even know the end goal of kundalini? Nirvana. It's also a huge shame to see the term "nirvana" being abused too. There's no coming back from nirvana, you're done, free from everything, all thoughts, incarnation, all! beyond heaven and hell, annihilated completely, like diving in a black hole and never coming back, no individuality nor the state of non dual, just nothing, that is nirvana, this is what kundalini will do to you if you take it to the top, a serious goal for all real aspirants.

But anyway back on topic, here's the closest "authority"( - I don't like this term, no one owns anything), but yes, on the Kundalini:

"if you could just for a moment experience the power of a fully awakened

Kundalini Shakti you would know what bull is being put out by these

phony Yogis who say that the Kundalini can be felt as a creepy feeling

in the spine, or as a cool breeze in the palm. Creepy feeling, my foot!

And to control Kundalini, do you think it is some sort of joke? Never!

For an ordinary human to control Kundalini is impossible, or nearly so.

Only immortals can properly control Her."

&&

you must be able to make Her go from the Muladhara to the Sahasrara, and

then in the reverse direction, downs from Sahasrara to the Muladhara, under

perfect control. Prana and Apana are then perfectly united."

a reply to a westerner from an authentic aghori tantrika, from the book "Aghora ll".

In the west and even the neo hathic schools in the east, have no true authentic yogic lineage. No real yogic lineage will ever exposed itself to the public or for a fee. To these people who claim to have awaken Kundalini: Can you sit in lotus posture for 3-9 hours in utter stillness? Can you stop your breath for an hour without a tiny bit of struggle? Also this can be addressed to the "yogic masters of the west" who are in the cover of these yoga magazines/dvds/books thinking they're hotshit because they have advance flexibility skills or these false swamis in the west. I doubt none of them can do it! And this stuff is required for the basic awakening of the kundalini as said in the authentic yogic scriptures.

It's a shame what "kundalini" has became today. It's even a bigger shame to see "yoga" being turned into a neo-hathic movement and an industry. You really think a true knower of the kundalini would come to the west and reveal the secrets of the kundalini for a fee? Pfffffffft

god delusional people everywhere..

Money and material things are pretty much essential for us to function in today's society. I don't understand people who judge others for wearing "suits", working, making money, and buying things. Not everyone can become a hermit and leave everything behind to meditate in a cave until they are enlightened or whatever.

And I know several people who have had kundalini experiences without knowing even what kundalini is.

you must be able to make Her go from the Muladhara to the Sahasrara"

This sounds fear-based, and if the end goal of Kundalini is nirvana, then why should you be afraid of non-existence?

• Thanks 1

Money and material things are pretty much essential for us to function in today's society. I don't understand people who judge others for wearing "suits", working, making money, and buying things. Not everyone can become a hermit and leave everything behind to meditate in a cave until they are enlightened or whatever.

And I know several people who have had kundalini experiences without knowing even what kundalini is.

you must be able to make Her go from the Muladhara to the Sahasrara"

This sounds fear-based, and if the end goal of Kundalini is nirvana, then why should you be afraid of non-existence?

Maybe you don't understand what it is to be liberated. Those people aren't liberated. Only a few get out in this life, not large quantities of people.

Doubt it's kundalini, I know people with schizo experiences that doesn't mean its kundalini. Point out one authentic kundalini / gtummo scripture that says, "kundalini just happens". Kundalini isn't what you think it is. It's all misinterpreted in these ages. It takes hard work, dedication and sacrifice to awaken the kundalini, not to mention an actual authentic lineage/teacher. There's no course/books or these neo-hathic programs or madeup kundalini systems with mixed practises that will awaken kundalini and take it to the top. You can't buy enlightenment.

Nirvana isn't scary at all, I wasn't trying to make it seem scary. Its the materialists that are afraid of losing everyone, their families, friends, relationships, etc. You have to let it all go if you're serious in liberation.

Theres an old zen saying

"the great hermit lives in the city"

In my experience people with a lot of energy arent necessarily any more saintly or wise than others.

One of the most egotistical people ive ever met was a "qigong Grandmaster"

He lied to his students, and business partners, stole money, molested young girls on the massage table (around 200), verbally abused people, cheated on his wife, gambled, drank alcohol, and did drugs.

He regularly claimed that his qigong was the best in the world, talked trash about any other teacher or system that was mentioned, he claimed to be a uniquely qualified master to transmit enlightenment to the masses, based on the fact that he could preform a basic trance induction that involved visualizing light.

He ran his orginization like a classic cult.

In my experience kundalini does not equal enlightenment.

• Like 2

Maybe you don't understand what it is to be liberated. Those people aren't liberated. Only a few get out in this life, not large quantities of people.

Doubt it's kundalini, I know people with schizo experiences that doesn't mean its kundalini. Point out one authentic kundalini / gtummo scripture that says, "kundalini just happens". Kundalini isn't what you think it is. It's all misinterpreted in these ages. It takes hard work, dedication and sacrifice to awaken the kundalini, not to mention an actual authentic lineage/teacher. There's no course/books or these neo-hathic programs or madeup kundalini systems with mixed practises that will awaken kundalini and take it to the top. You can't buy enlightenment.

Nirvana isn't scary at all, I wasn't trying to make it seem scary. Its the materialists that are afraid of losing everyone, their families, friends, relationships, etc. You have to let it all go if you're serious in liberation.

Seems to me you don't have a clear idea of what liberation means to you. If physical existence is a hindrance to liberation, then suiciding is the best act to prove that you are "liberated."

And you're sitting in front of a computer, which is quite a luxury item. I guess you aren't the lucky few who will be liberated?

So, just because a scripture doesn't say it, it means it's not real? Seems to me you're too attached to words of ancient gurus, and your mind is closed enough that it is not willing to accept things that may very well be true. Even if a scripture never said "yes, this is possible."

I agree, you can't buy enlightenment. Buying books and going to seminars and whatever isn't going to enlighten you, you actually have to do the work if you're going to get anywhere. There is a lot of silliness in the spiritual market, but there are a lot of great things too. Don't disregard everything if you haven't done the practices yourself and experienced it.

To me, leaving everything I love behind is not liberation. Family, friends, and relationships can be beautiful facets of the human experience. Love is liberation.

Edited by Kira
  • Thanks 1