thelerner

Our own Taomeow has consented to do an interview. Q's..

I've been an admirer of Taomeow for a long time. Her range and depth of knowledge is exceptional, as is her discipline. She walks her talk. A uniquely well rounded practitioner. A treasure trove often unrecognized on the board.

If this doesn't impress you; an initiate of the Longmen Pai school of taoism under master Wang LIping (certified to teach some of the material), a thirteenth generation Chen style taiji practitioner (Chen Zhenglei lineage), and a hands-on practitioner of Chinese astrologer (bazi, or Four Pillars of Destiny), I don't think anything will.

Here is some of her background. Hopefully this will help frame good questions.

Favorite subjects include taoism-as-science and especially its accomplishments in tackling the phenomena of Time (a blank spot on the map of Western sciences, which have traditionally mostly concerned themselves with Space). Subjects of deep contemplation and empirical experimentation encompass taoist fundamentals -- Hetu and Luoshu, yin-yang dynamics, qi, wuxing ("five phases" or "elements"), ganying ("resonance," "synchronicity"), bagua ("eight trigrams"), I Ching.

as well as

Taijiquan, Chinese astrology, divination and fortune telling, form-compass feng shui, taoist magic, traditional healing practices (in particular, extensive herbal and nutritional explorations of a global cross-cultural nature), proto-taoist shamanic practices of China, Manchuria and Siberia, South American shamanism, and the universal ancient Goddess religion are some of Taomeow's areas of application of cognitive and cultivational focus.

Its hard for me to imagine someone being so fluent with such varied aspects of esoterica, but time and time again, Taomeow writes posts that are deep yet practical. Quoting experts in the field as well as her own substantial experience.

Questions..?

• Like 14

This one interests me :)

Of course, she already has an interview forum

Three questions off the top of my head:

1. Is there something in the air or water or both in Russia that fosters genius, or is it the educational system, the classical music, or what? I know quite a few Russians here and the difference is palpable.

2. Can you put in a nutshell, say five short points, ways to identify Buddhist influence on the Daoist method?

3. Will you ever write a book? You have tons of material right here in the TTB archives.

4. What you consider the three most essential books on the subject of Daoism? (books available in English, unfortunately)

5. Likewise, your top three authors (specifically on Daoist subjects or maybe two list one Daoist and one wide open)

6. What's your favorite color? Favorite food? Favorite music? Favorite favorites?

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 4

Taomeow is a True Marvel, indeed.

What does Chinese Astrology say about the year 2014/2015?

Thanks very much in advance.

xxx.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 2

You mention the phenomena of time. Like air, its easy to be unaware of it. How should reframe our relationship with time?

You talk about ganyiing. Which feels to me a little like luck. How do we increase ganying or synchronicities in our life.

Here's a big one. What are ghosts? Do they matter; have any effect on the world? Should we fear becoming one?

• Like 3

*yay!* :)

Already surprising and wonderful variations of the interview idea.

Give people a blank slate, and watch what happens!!! :D:lol:B)

• Like 5

Thanks to those liking my post :)

_/\_

Edited because my post is not useful anymore

Edited by bubbles
  • Like 3

She is more like a Tawowmeow. I am definitely her fan. :wub:

I have a question for her though: How does she sees from a taoist woman perspective the whole taoist male sexuality and the issues we encounter periodically here on Taobums with semen retention and in general ?

Edited by Andrei
  • Like 6

question for Taomeow:

you mentioned some interesting things about "dual cultivation of man and woman" in your previous Q&A thread. Can you tell us some more of your thoughts on bedroom alchemy? Did you learn from a teacher or a particular text? Is there any book or other source in English which you find useful?

thanks

• Like 3

Mmm, Taomeow is most def a source of good stuff, very interesting! Id like to suggest the following questions:

Whats your current routine or focus in practicing, if you dont mind?

What annoys you the most about Taoism?

What was the hardest part to get, or most crucial threshold for you as a beginner?

What is the hard part of continuing and advancing in your practices?

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 5

My question:
Shen to Chi to Jing.

You talk about this but I don't know about anyone else.

Why? Lost in translation? Intentionally obscured?

Where did you learn about it? From a teacher? Text?

A "missing pattern" in the taoistic body of work?

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Dear Taomeow,

What are the most important aspects of feng shui that taobums could realistically apply to their homes, in your opinion?

• Like 5

Many thanks to Taomeow for taking on this task. We've gotten many excellent questions. With her permission, I'm going to lock this Topic and give her time write up her thoughts to our questions.

• Like 3