Sign in to follow this  
Green Tiger

Lee Holden

Lee Holden, author of 7 Minutes of Magic, has agreed to an interview. He's a longtime student of Mantak Chia. Mr. Holden has several qigong DVDs available, as well as a two CD sets called Your Body of Light and Taoist Sexual Secrets.

You can find more info about him at his website: http://www.leeholden.com/

• Like 3

I like the description of healing by pleasure vs. healing by pain in the second interview, and also about the different sources of energy. I remember talking about the power of concerts before. It's really interesting to hear the "seeking energy experiences" description being spoken of so fundamentally (for lack of a better word choice).

[1] What might be some other hidden gems of high energy-experience? A fully savoured wulong tea, the presence of thoughtful people, helping others ..

[2] What about the interaction of people while playing music together, [3] working together at work together; [4] and how can we use these moments to cultivate the transformation of energy of everyone involved (musicians, colleagues, audiences, customers, etc.)?

(For people who think this might a violation of consent -- Do you want to have bad luck and low energy? or good luck and high energy? Sorry.)

[5] Also, is it possible to do this in internet communities like this one?

[6] Is it possible to transform the negative intentions of others in the same way that we transform our own negative energies into positive energies, for the benefit of all involved?

Thank youuu!

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 4

I like the description of healing by pleasure vs. healing by pain in the second interview, and also about the different sources of energy. I remember talking about the power of concerts before. It's really interesting to hear the "seeking energy experiences" description being spoken of so fundamentally (for lack of a better word choice).

[1] What might be some other hidden gems of high energy-experience? A fully savoured wulong tea, the presence of thoughtful people, helping others ..

[2] What about the interaction of people while playing music together, [3] working together at work together; [4] and how can we use these moments to cultivate the transformation of energy of everyone involved (musicians, colleagues, audiences, customers, etc.)?

(For people who think this might a violation of consent -- Do you want to have bad luck and low energy? or good luck and high energy? Sorry.)

[5] Also, is it possible to do this in internet communities like this one?

[6] Is it possible to transform the negative intentions of others in the same way that we transform our own negative energies into positive energies, for the benefit of all involved?

Thank youuu!

Good questions, thanks HE!

• Like 1

Well, I'm disappointed (but not totally surprised) to find that there was not a lot of interest in asking Lee Holden questions. I feel like he is a tragically undervalued resource (undervalued by the Bums, at least).

I'm going to go ahead with the interview. I'll use the questions Harmonious Emptiness submitted as well as several of my own.

If anyone would like to add a question, now is the time. I'll probably be submitting the questions tomorrow or over the weekend.

Thanks!

I recommend posting a link to this thread in general discussion, that is what helped get more questions for the 2 interviews that I led :).

• Like 2

Well, I'm disappointed (but not totally surprised) to find that there was not a lot of interest in asking Lee Holden questions. I feel like he is a tragically undervalued resource (undervalued by the Bums, at least).

I'm going to go ahead with the interview. I'll use the questions Harmonious Emptiness submitted as well as several of my own.

If anyone would like to add a question, now is the time. I'll probably be submitting the questions tomorrow or over the weekend.

Thanks!

I think its perfectly ok to use some standard questions and also just create your own interview with TBs in mind. I don't know anything about Lee holden so its difficult to come up with specific questions but of course the interview itself should create more awareness and interest ... I'll look forward to reading it ... and thanks for doing it.

• Like 4

Okay, so here's the list of questions I've got. They aren't all questions from Tao Bums, I hit up some people in my tai chi class and also a push hands group that I occasionally visit. I think it turned out to be a good mix of questions. Certainly better than what I would have been able to come up with on my own.

I'll be submitting these to Mr. Holden today.

1. How did you discover Mantak Chia and the Healing Tao system? What did you find compelling about it?

2. Is Healing Tao the only system you've worked with? How do you feel it compares to other systems?

3. What would you say are the hallmarks of a 'good' stystem?

3. What advice would you give to someone who is looking for a system?

4. You've published books, CDs, and several DVDs. Do you think practice with media is sufficeint, or do you think it is important to find a teacher to train with in person?

5. Do you think it's important to find one teacher/system/lineage and stick with it, or is it okay to mix and match as it suits your preferences?

6. If you could only choose 3 qigong exercises to practice, what would they be and why?

7. I like your description, from another interview, of healing by pleasure vs. healing by pain and also about the different sources of energy. I remember talking about the power of concerts before. It's really interesting to hear the "seeking energy experiences" description being spoken of so fundamentally (for lack of a better word choice). What might be some other hidden gems of high energy-experience? A fully savoured wulong tea, the presence of thoughtful people, helping others, ect. What about the interaction of people while playing music together, working together at work together; and how can we use these moments to cultivate the transformation of energy of everyone involved (musicians, colleagues, audiences, customers, etc.)? Also, is it possible to do this in internet communities like the Tao Bums?

8. Is it possible to transform the negative intentions of others in the same way that we transform our own negative energies into positive energies, for the benefit of all involved?

9. I have your DVD Qigong for Deep Sleep. I used to practice it in the evenings, but I found it seemed to energize me rather than put me to sleep, so now I practice it in the morning. What about that practice is supposed to help with sleep? Is there something I should be doing while practicing to help me get sleepy?

10. You have lots of DVDs covering specific health concerns, but do any of them address spiritul interests as well?

11. Are your regular classes similar to what you demonstrate on the DVDs or would taking a class in person with you be a different experience?

12. Are you part of a lineage or do you consider yourself independent?

13. On your Body of Light CD, you describe the light body and some other concepts in western terminology, which I like. What is the light body in Chinese terminology? Is it the same as the so called, immortal fetus?

14. Do you practice martial arts? If so, what styles?

15. Have you developed any siddhis or special powers as a result of your practice?

16. Do you see medical qigong some day becoming as accepted in the west as acupuncture is now, or do you think the idea of 'magic healing energy' is too strange and foreign to gain acceptence?

17. What do you think needs to happen for medical qigong to be as accepted in the west as acupuncture?

18. What advice could you give someone who is interested in becoming a medical qigong practitioner?

19. Are there any practices that are particularly good for increasing the healing ability?

20. What are your personal qigong goals? What would you like to accomplish in the next 5 or ten years?

• Like 3

Hey Green Tiger, What ever happened to the interview? I use his first DVD Qigong Flow and love it. Kinda pedestrian "generic" qigong but it works for me right now. Would love to read the interview if you ever did it. Peace brother.

• Like 2

Please include the 3 background questions:

1. What teaching/system/lineage has the interviewee been exposed to?

2. What form of practices has the interviewee been exposed to? (qigong, alchemy, Taiji, shamanism, magic, etc)

3. What is the interviewees most recent (last few years) interest in energy arts, self-cultivation, or spiritual practices?

You can see Taomeow's interview as we did those after the interview but I have put the questions to the top of that thread now.
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this