cheya

Unlocking a car with your brain

This YouTube video demonstrates how to use your brain to extend the range of your car key fob.

Point the key fob at your brain. The range doubles. You can try it yourself. He also explains the physics involved in the brain acting as an antenna... It's about the water content...

Apparently a gallon jug of water will extend the range even further.

Dang!

Here's a link to an embed. Scroll down to the part "The Brain as Antenna"

http://www.buergerwelle.de:8080/helma/twoday/bwnews/stories/5584/

Comments: "This is a very interesting video. If the water in our brains does this with a car fob what is happening with Wi-fi, and are we all mini cell phone towers?" ......

"Dr. George Carlo said in one of his presentations a few years ago that you can visibly see the bars increase on a phone between the phone and cell tower by finding the direction of the tower, rotating so that it locates the strongest signal, and then putting around 3 people in between the phone and the tower. He explained that these signals *couple* with our physiology, people are very good antennae."

• Like 5

I've "amazed" various friends with this trick for years !!! (even though I'd no idea WHY it works)

Darn, now everybody will know.

LOL

I rarely zap my own head, just explain the idea & let my mates try it out on themselves !

(Unsure if zapping your own brain hundreds of times would have any effect, but why take the chance !!)

• Like 2

Yeah the key fob is a receiver for the signal that the car constantly emits, so you're just increasing the size of the antenna. I don't think it's risky.

Also, hold the key under your chin.

Edited by soaring crane

It doesn't work if one locks the car keys into the boot ( trunk) of the car.

When that happened a disgruntled Mrs GMP had to drive to my workplace with the spare key.

She has never ever forgotten.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

When that happened a disgruntled Mrs GMP had to drive to my workplace with the spare key.

Oy there is truth in that... I have AAA for just those occasions and now don't have to bother mrs thunder who in those times is not at all silent lol

Been there, done that.

Did she make any comment about using your brain, by any chance?

They never do.

Women, I mean.

• Like 1

Yeah the key fob is a receiver for the signal that the car constantly emits, so you're just increasing the size of the antenna. I don't think it's risky.

Also, hold the key under your chin.

The battery is in the fob ,as is the control chip. The car is the receiver... or so Ive read.

I think the effect is that the water is acting like a reflector ,

having the effect of amplifying the portion of the signal sent out that is captured by the car.

Or so it would seem.

Nifty trick though.

If I could figure out how to replace the battery in mine.

PS we tried this at lunch on Hyundai and had to walk so far in order for the control not to wrk that it became moot whether holding it to ones head made a difference.

Edited by Stosh

Is this the trick where you point the car fob under your chin, open your mouth in the direction of the car to extend the range? I saw this, used it, seems to work. I've always thought it was due to the reflection from the hard skull then brain matter.

The link to see what is meant is above, in post 1

Im not sure the skull configuation has anything to do with it though

Im thinking it works along the lines of collimation rather than actual 'reflection'

,as with a laser . or perhaps like a coil around a straight antenna shortens the req length.

Marblehead might know. ( referring to his military experience .. not his head )

Edited by Stosh