Yen Hui

It's Been a Slice!

Here ends the road for me with the Taobums. I can be reached at the Inter-Tribal Forum. It's been a slice!

Cheers to the Bums and may you always seek the Way! ~ Yen Hui

On the Taoist Philosophy of Dispassion, or Emotional Clarity :-

"Those who are unable to attain the Tao are those whose minds are not clear and who are still slaves

of their emotions." ( Cultivating Stillness: A Taoist Manual for Transforming Body and Mind, p. 55 )

Three Lines from Hexagram 58 on Dispassionate Living :-

Nine in the second place means:

Sincere joyousness. Good fortune.

Remorse disappears.

We often find ourselves associating with inferior people in whose company we are tempted by pleasures that

are inappropriate for the superior man. To participate in such pleasures would certainly bring remorse, for a

superior man can find no real satisfaction in low pleasures. When, recognizing this, a man does not permit his

will to swerve, so that he does not find such ways agreeable, not even dubious companions will venture to

proffer any base pleasures, because he would not enjoy them. Thus every cause for regret is removed.

Six in the third place means:

Coming joyousness. Misfortune.

True joy must spring from within. But if one is empty within and wholly given over to the world, idle pleasures

come streaming in from without. This is what many people welcome as diversion. Those who lack inner

stability and therefore need amusement, will always find opportunity of indulgence. They attract

external pleasures by the emptiness of their natures. Thus they lose themselves more and more,

which of course has bad results.

Nine in the fourth place means:

Joyousness that is weighed is not at peace.

After ridding himself of mistakes a man has joy.

Often a man finds himself weighing the choice between various kinds of pleasures, and so long as he has

not decided which kind he will choose, the higher or the lower, he has no inner peace. Only when he clearly

recognizes that passion brings suffering, can he make up his mind to turn away from the lower pleasures

and to strive for the higher. Once this decision is sealed, he finds true joy and peace, and inner conflict is

overcome.

THREE QUOTES FROM THE TAO TE CHING on Dispassionate Living:-

TTC 10

Purifying hidden perception, can you make it flawless?

Loving the people, governing the nation, can you be uncontrived?

As the gate of heaven opens and closes, can you be impassive?

As understanding reaches everywhere, can you be innocent?

TTC 03

"The government of sages empties the mind and fills the middle,

weakens the ambition and strengthens the bones, always

keeping the people innocent and passionless."

TTC 01

"Always passionless, thereby observe the subtle."

( Quoted from Cleary's Translation of the TTC )

You and your books man. Reading is so 2005. ;) Take it easy, stop back in a few years and check up on us heathens.

You and your books man. Reading is so 2005. ;) Take it easy, stop back in a few years and check up on us heathens.

Well, it looks now as if I'll be here for another week, at least, to tie up some loose ends. After that, let's see

what happens Dec 2012. If we're still here, I'll pay ya a quick visit. Maybe there'll be some skilled alchemists

on board by then. If not, I'll not be back after that. Peace, bro'! :D

Well, it looks now as if I'll be here for another week, at least, to tie up some loose ends.

Oh no!

Our wild and crazy bookworm is departing?

It wasn't a slice. You always delivered the whole pie. :D

Take care buddy. :rolleyes:

Here ends the road for me with the Taobums.
It's been good to have you around. Classic quotes were appreciated.

77982745_83d37c4443.jpg

Edited by Trunk

Here ends the road for me with the Taobums.

Don't be so sure......... :)

Secret forces are bringing compatible spirits together. If the man permits himself to be led by this ineffable attraction, good fortune will come his way. When deep friendships exist, formalities and elaborate preparations are not necessary.

It's been a pleasure, Yen Hui.

Peace,

ZenB

Your timing yen hui..

your timing was always perfect.

thank you for sharing so much.