Sign in to follow this  
willowstream

Greetings to members of The Tao Bums

I have studied the nature of Tao since 1968. As a student in high school I had an unusual interest in the essential nature of existence which drew me to explore many different paths, with Taoism making the greatest impact on me. I read as many different interpretations of the Tao Te Ching as I could find, as well as Chuang Tzu. Of course there are so many more interpretations of these classics available now, and I have my favorites. The greatest inspiration and expression of the nature of Tao is the natural world, which no book could ever hope capture. It is my greatest teacher.

I had the opportunity to study the Yang based Tai Chi form of Cheng Man Ching starting in 1984. I have practiced ever since. Tai Chi has deepened my experience of Tao greatly, as I experience Tai Chi as a practice meant to explore and express the activity of Tao.

I have never been a member of any Taoist community before. I am somewhat of a solitary type. I will be interested to read the many posts on this forum and post my own when I have something useful to say.

Blessing to you all.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Tao Bums. Its always nice to have experienced Tai Chi players onboard.

You will be able to post freely now but we ask that you read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.co...um-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

Good luck and best wishes,

thelerner

Sign in to follow this