DreamBliss

I would like to know how to hypnotize myself...

Just seeking information here, recommended videos, courses, books, etc,

I do not want to be hypnotized by someone. Searching around for how to hypnotize myself I found about a million videos where someone was trying to hypnotize me, by having me follow a video or something. The rest of what I found was just garbage trying to sell me some course.

What I want to do is learn how to hypnotize myself. I would like to create an audio track, maybe use brainwave music, but where I hypnotize myself using my voice, ask myself some questions, record the answers (I'll have a mic running and maybe a paper and pencil in my lap) then wake myself up.

How do I do this? Anyone have any advice, help or recommendations?

Implanting suggestions conditions the mind stream.

The ease of living life comes from being free of mind conditioning.

There are no thoughts or beliefs that are unconditional.

Remain in the unconditional and be free.

I am not sure if what I want to do is mind conditioning.

I do find it useful to reprogram myself. Living as a Christian for most of my life, living with societal and familial beliefs systems the only way to stop thinking the way I have been programmed as a child is to program myself to think differently.

I do not know how be free of mind conditioning. I mean my mind has already been conditioned one way, so if the better course is to become unconditioned, not to condition myself another way, how do I go about this?

In any case although I was entertaining the thought of subliminally programming myself, initially all I want to do is ask myself some questions. I want to access that part of myself that is referred to as unconscious, but is really subconscious or subjective. I feel I am hiding things from myself, and I want answers.

I have come to a place where I understand that I am not to seek. So whatever I do I have to do it without seeking. I am still learning about this. But seeking or not, I still need to know what I should do or where I should go. I am fairly certain I know these answers but am not able or not allowing myself to hear them or access them. I know I have to use the seeker here as I am looking for these answers. But I need direction.

I also want to know why I am, all of a sudden, having trouble recalling my dreams. Why I can't seem to lucid dream. Why I am having so much trouble astral projecting. What is my dream, purpose, fate, True Life or whatever else you call that?

Maybe monks would gladly trade places with me, as perhaps being directionless is some sort of ideal state. But I do not like it. I have to clearly know and understand what my best course of action may be. I want to root out whatever I have hidden from myself and come to terms. Bring it all out, feel whatever needs feeling, experience whatever needs experiencing, begin the process of freeing myself from anything that would cause resistance in me, or become a barrier to me, or whatever.

You say I should not condition my mind. OK. I am not sure, at this moment, my thoughts on that. But I am not looking to condition my mind. I can table that for now. I simply want to hypnotize myself, ask myself some questions, answer them, if possible while in a trance state without the interference of the conscious mind and ego, wake myself up, and listen, learning what I need to learn.

Edited by DreamBliss

I do not know how be free of mind conditioning. I mean my mind has already been conditioned one way, so if the better course is to become unconditioned, not to condition myself another way, how do I go about this?

Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.

• Like 1

Just seeking information here, recommended videos, courses, books, etc,

I do not want to be hypnotized by someone. Searching around for how to hypnotize myself I found about a million videos where someone was trying to hypnotize me, by having me follow a video or something. The rest of what I found was just garbage trying to sell me some course.

What I want to do is learn how to hypnotize myself. I would like to create an audio track, maybe use brainwave music, but where I hypnotize myself using my voice, ask myself some questions, record the answers (I'll have a mic running and maybe a paper and pencil in my lap) then wake myself up.

How do I do this? Anyone have any advice, help or recommendations?

If you are going to make a hypnosis recording, first find some free "hypnotic induction script", a long progressive relaxation type with lots of deepeners. What you are proposing about writing the answers wont work because that will be engaging your conscious mind, therefore losing the hypnotic trance. For self hypnosis, the simpler the better. Give yourself one instruction, or one intent, then let go, and let your mind drift as your subconcious mind follows the hypnotic wording (deeper and deeper). I've tried what you were thinking about years ago with the idea of looking for past lives. Its nearly impossible without a hypnotist guiding you.

Suppose your instruction was to "go back to when you were 7 years old" Just write it on a paper, keep it in mind, and follow someone elses "deep trance" induction from youtube. Or you can copy their wording into your voice and then set yourself commands for whatever goal you want to set for your subconscious mind or behavior patterns you want to set.

• Like 1

I do believe that you are heading off down a dead end here as regards self hypnosis. I doubt very much that you will be able to ask yourself questions whilst in a trance state and I think that your interests would be better served by following a sound method of meditation. As the mind becomes more still you will find all sorts of questions being answered.

• Like 1

If you do manage to hypnotise yourself ( unlikely as proper hypnotism rather demands a hypnotist and a compliant subject)...

You'll still be 'you'.

Not my place to tell anyone what or what not to do though.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I like what de_paradise wrote. Writing out and recording hypnotic scripts is good. There are examples on the internet. Sometimes its called wide awake hypnosis.

This is a bit of a tangent, but training yourself to write without self editing is a way to look into the subconscious. It may not program it, like self hypnosis, but it reveals inner content.

The process is simple, just write out 2 pages each morning (This is writer's Julia Cameron's technique). Write without stopping, just do mental dump. It takes a while to get rid of the editor who plans and corrects, but once you do, you can re-read your stuff and analyze how crazy the writer is. See there hang ups and problems.

Searching around for how to hypnotize myself

What I want to do is learn how to hypnotize myself.

I would like to create an audio track, maybe use brainwave music, but where I hypnotize myself using my voice, ask myself some questions, record the answers (I'll have a mic running and maybe a paper and pencil in my lap) then wake myself up.

How do I do this?

You just answered all of your own questions ;)

• Like 1

I have succeeded. I was not sure how to proceed, but found enough books at the library to get an idea. Now that I have had my first session, I know what I need to work on.

It was very strange... Relaxation comes easy to me, but the mind was still saying in the background something like, "Ha! Ha! This is so funny! Look you're not even unconscious yet!" But I just let the brainwave part of the audio I designed wash over me. I surprised myself by answering my questions, for the most part, without hesitation. And my voice sounds so weird... Also I told myself a few times that, "You already knew this..."

It did shed some light on some things. Gave me a clearer idea of what course of action to take in a few areas of concern. How I did it was I designed a brainwave track with pink noise (I think I used pink) and my own audio recording. Running in the brainwave frequency associated with the hypnotic state. I had that playing on my MP3 through my earbuds while my microphone, using Audacity, was recording my answers.

I may make a tutorial detailing all of this and put it on my YouTube channel. Others may want to try to this, and I can show them how. Turns out that the more intelligent you are the more suggestible you are. The whole process was very easy to do and went very smoothly.

I learned I need more time for answers, or just to get lost in the audio terrain of the brainwave track. I also need more of a visualization time before the deepener. I need to be more established in the scene in my mind so I see it clearly. Need a pinch more volume for my audio vocal track. Need to figure out in what way there is a small amount of interference with the audio and my visualization. Seemed like the audio made it hard for me to visualize for some reason.

Anyhow thank you, those of you who provided positive, supportive and helpful suggestions. As for the rest, I appreciate and respect your viewpoint. I may not agree, but I also do not disregard what you have said. There may be something there I will need to read later or something.

Meditation does not work for me as a way of seeking answers. I know there is a form of meditation that does this, but I struggle just to meditate, stay still, and not do anything. It's hard enough just to let things be as they are, my thoughts, feelings, urges, physical pain or sensations. I am just not, what would the word be, developed enough in my meditation skills?

Finally this whole, "you need a teacher..." or, "you need a professional.." or, "practitioner..." etc. is a big steaming pile of bull. Maybe it makes things easier, but you don't need anything outside yourself to deal with the inside of yourself. You just need you, and that's it. If you have access to these other external sources of assistance, help, guidance, etc by all means make use of them. Be thankful and enjoy the blessings they provide. But don't get caught up thinking you need something outside of yourself to do something inside yourself. Nobody outside of yourself knows you better than you. You alone posses the most accurate map of your internal terrain. The best these others can provide is some help reading the map. But if you keep at it, you'll figure it out.

You want to avoid looking outside of yourself for the help you need. This will keep you in a seeker mentality, which in turn the ego thrives on. You want to be free of the ego you have to let go of the seeking outside yourself.

This is my understanding. It may not be 100% correct, but that's OK, because I am developing, growing and learning right along with everyone else. It seems as if it is the Truth to me in this present moment.

I'll post a link later to any tutorial I make for this. I may even design a more general, less personalized script and put it up on my Soundcloud account for others to use. We'll see...

• Like 1

Which I believe I was quite clear about that I have done. But just in case it wasn't clear...

I have succeeded!

&

"...I have had my first session..."

Please see my previous reply for more information.

:D

Edited by DreamBliss

Meditation is built around questions not 'finding answers'.

You need belief or science if it's 'answers' you're seeking.

There are no answers in, for or from meditation and eventually the questions disappear too, along with the enquirer.

" What is this?" Is as good a place to begin as any other.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I was responding to an earlier poster's suggestions to use meditation, instead of self-hypnosis, for answers.

My practice of meditation is to simply sit, in as ZaZen a posture as my body allows, focus on my breathing, focus on the contact of the tips of my thumbs, and eventually just to let go of any effort at focusing. I have added the process of admit, allow and accept to my meditation process, in regards specifically to thoughts. At some point, occasionally, I just sort of fade out. I am not asleep, nor am I really awake or aware. Just in a state of "not there", for a lack of a better way of describing it.

I know I have many years of practice ahead of me, and I need to do this more regularly, for longer periods of time, uninterrupted. But that is my practice at this time. I used to do different things during meditation, come into it with a question, go on a shamanic journey, explore the inner landscapes. I don't do that anymore. I am practicing "just sitting." I do hope, someday soon, to go to a retreat/workshop and gain the benefit of a guru, master or teacher's instructions for meditation. But for now I will simply sit. I find I enjoy meditating outside, and just listening to the wind.

Grabbing the reigns and steering us back to the topic, I have just finished my latest edits for my self-hypnosis page. I am providing the link here in the hopes of receiving constructive and supportive criticism.

http://hi-techheadache.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_11.html

Thank you for all your advice, help and replies!

Edited by DreamBliss

Good call DreamBliss.

Just sit.

Regularly.

If you must ponder anything simply investigate..

" What is this?"

A taught retreat will also help you get chance to speak to an experienced teacher.

Jimmy Yu is coming to London to lead a weekend retreat in early December.

He's one of the best in the business.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Thank you for the suggestion. But at this present moment I have not manifested the finances to pay for my passport, plane tickets and accommodations to take me to London. If you would be willing to provide a link to the event I will look into it. I can always ask for the Source for the resources I need and see what happens.

If I did have those kind of resources there were some things going on at Findhorn in Scotland that interested me. Maybe I could do both! That would one heck of a summer for once...

Edited by DreamBliss

Dr Jimmy Yu teaches at Florida State University where he has tenure.

His dojo is in Tallahassee.

http://www.tallahasseechan.com/

Western Chan ( No monks or nuns thank goodness).

Western Chan's essentially Taoism without those silly or clerical BS.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I've recently become deeply fascinated by hypnosis for optimizing behavior, various patterns, time management, all sorts of things. My perspective is, the subconscious mind is learning 24/7, so I want to master language and hypnosis because it isn't just about "going under" and coming out different - we're always "under" in the sense that suggestions are coming at us all the time, and everything we say to ourselves or interpret and deal with every situation is a kind of suggestion.

I started with Hypnotica and soon moved on to the source, Richard Bandler, one of the founders of NLP. One of the most useful patterns I've found so far is "the more the more" pattern - ie, the more you slip from your diet, the more you feel strong because you're learning what works best rapidly. The more you try to resist becoming the strongest version of yourself, the more you feel blissful right now knowing that mastery is ultimately inevitable. Things like that really work for me.

Another way of thinking of it is, it's possible to understand our own patterns so well that an outcome is always possible, no matter what mindset we're in, a long-term strategy kind of mood, or an instant gratification mood, or an artistically inspired mood, or a low energy day mood, it's possible to have a level of clarity where you can just get the knack of acting how you want, no matter the mood, by knowing the right way to "convince" that mood's persona, ie, if your goal is highest level of enlightenment and you're in an instant gratification mood, you can think of meditation as sudden zen thunderbolt enlightenment, whereas if you're in a long-term strategy kind of mindset, you can sit zazen and do a session knowing that every session contributes overall to an ever-deepening realization. Just as an example.

Kinda rambly, I've been up all night thinking about this stuff.

I started with Hypnotica and soon moved on to the source, Richard Bandler, one of the founders of NLP. One of the most useful patterns I've found so far is "the more the more" pattern - ie, the more you slip from your diet, the more you feel strong because you're learning what works best rapidly.

Hypnotica, the group that does guided meditations like Sphinx of the Imagination? Which of there hypnotic routines do you like? If we're thinking of the same group. As I recall they had some inexpensive audios on hulu.com