BaguaKicksAss

Questions for interview with Ching Sung

...and do you need a copper wire up your ass? LOL

.... and would the concept of a copper grounding wire attached to your perineum help at all? This sort of thing has been used in centuries past with orgone energy and the like as a grounding wire, so similar methods are used by some practitioners. What do you think?

Might go over better ;).

• Like 4

.... and would the concept of a copper grounding wire attached to your perineum help at all? This sort of thing has been used in centuries past with orgone energy and the like as a grounding wire, so similar methods are used by some practitioners. What do you think?

Might go over better ;).

Yes I think you phrased that very well.

• Like 3

Yes I think you phrased that very well.

In a way though, whilst Apech's version really got to the bottom of the subject....

BKA's is politer.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Might go over better ;).

She one helluva wize woman dat BKA.

;)

• Like 3

I think I would reword this as:

Many of our forum members do practice some form of sexual retention, whether it be short term, long-term, or perhaps just 100 days at some point. How important do you feel this is to one's practice, and do you feel it is necessary? Or would you prefer I leave it as "What about retention" and leave it open ended for him to elaborate on?

Your version is better in my opinion. Also i think your rewording about Yin Chi is very good. I think many are really interested in the answer for both question.

• Like 2

I would be interested to hear how the ancient training methods for development of the body differ from the modern? What exactly has been lost?

I would change this question to "Has anything been lost?", without assuming something has been lost.

Then I agree with it.

• Like 3

For sitting meditation. Is full lotus irreplaceable? Meaning that the benefit by using full lotus far exceed other posture in efficiency and benefit.

• Like 2

For sitting meditation. Is full lotus irreplaceable? Meaning that the benefit by using full lotus far exceed other posture in efficiency and benefit.

....and supplementary to that ... if you can't do full lotus what's the alternative.

• Like 2

If Ching Sung invokes/communicates with spirits, then I'd ask how he identifies them. There are some claims from practitioners as to what spirits and/or immortals they speak to and the practitioners maintain they will know the identities of the spirits/immortals. How?

• Like 2

If Ching Sung invokes/communicates with spirits, then I'd ask how he identifies them. There are some claims from practitioners as to what spirits and/or immortals they speak to and the practitioners maintain they will know the identities of the spirits/immortals. How?

In addition i'd ask: "How do you categorize (organize, label….etc) spirits in your system of ritualism/invocation?"

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

I have noticed in my Bagua practice that the vortexes and circles tend to attract various things, and manifest others. How do you recommend working with this aspect of the art?

Thought I'd add one last one of my own ;).

• Like 1

Here is the list of questions I have sent him :)

1. You seem like quite a traditionalist. On the Tao Bums we're mostly philosophic taoists (if that). What do we lose by not going a more traditional route? What lessons did you get from Taoists priests that we aren't exposed to on the secular side?

2. In many Ritualistic Practices there is an emphasis on working with Spirits and Deities while in many internal arts practices there is the emphasis that one should rely solely on our own efforts in order to grow spiritually. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each approach and what is a preferable and balanced approach for the advancement of the individual practitioner?

3. As a martial artist how do you handle aggressive emotions and energies that emerge from the inherent intent and origins of the practice.....and how do you balance this with ones spiritual advancement?

4. What is the role of love and compassion in the traditional Daoist training you have encountered and are there any specific practices for developing these qualities that you have been trained in?

5. In Internal Martial Arts much is made of developing "Internal Power" as a pre-requisite to growing in skill. However can a practitioner whom has great physical skill but little internal power defeat someone with lots of internal power but only moderate skill? The distinguishing factors between these pieces is often left quite ambiguous....what is the active dynamic between internal power and actual physical skill/talent in these arts?

6. I would be interested to hear how the ancient training methods for development of the body differ from the modern? What exactly has been lost?

7. can you learn from books and DVDs etc. or do you need person to person training?

8 what kind of daily practice regime do you recommend for a beginner?

9. yin chi! Do we absorb it from the earth or the moon? DO we have to be grounded when me meditate to absorb it? is it beneficial to be grounded when you meditate? For example some folks make use of a copper grounding wire (similar to orgone and radionics) to enhance such things.

10. Have you come across any schools where you felt the training methods were more like the ancient styles, as you perceive them?

11. What characteristics would you look for in a good school? What sorts of exercises would they do?

12. Many of our forum members do practice some form of sexual retention, whether it be short term, long-term, or perhaps just 100 days at some point. How important do you feel this is to one's practice, and do you feel it is necessary?

13. If Ching Sung invokes/communicates with spirits, then I'd ask how he identifies them. There are some claims from practitioners as to what spirits and/or immortals they speak to and the practitioners maintain they will know the identities of the spirits/immortals. How?

14. I have noticed in my Bagua practice that the vortexes and circles tend to attract various things, and manifest others. How do you recommend working with this aspect of the art?

• Like 5