Sign in to follow this  
forest_quarter

A salute, a thank you, an introduction

Servus!

Actually I stumbled across this forum by chance already more than one year ago. And I am very glad I did for several reasons. One is, that there is almost nothing in the archive that has not been discussed yet. And another, the main - well for me: Through this forum I got to find out about “my” Qigong system, that subconsciously I was searching for decades. Which one, I will share later in the text. After one year that I have discovered TTB it is time for me to stop appearing here just undercover in order to be officially able to contribute to a certain topic. But as well it is a great opportunity to just say hello and thanks to all of you that have shared your thoughts and experiences to these highly informative and interesting topics in a positive and pleasant manner. I usually visit TTB maybe once or twice a month, but if, it mostly keeps me awake till late absorbing one fascinating thread after another “accidently” crossing knowledge, that I would benefit at this very point of my development.

Briefly about myself: I live and I grew up in Austria/Europe. Probably due to my origin I am very fond of the extraordinary places in the northern part of the country - the so called forest quarter. Since the age of 18 I felt the urge to practice an inner art and tried Mantak Chia’s Tao Yoga, went to a Qigong class, Tai Chi Seminar, read several books - but there was nothing that I would stick to for more than a few months or weeks until after almost 20 years later - thanks to TTB - I found out about Ya Mu’s Stillness Movement Neigong. I gave it a try and fell in love with its unforced, natural approach, which was very new to me, because usually I would prefer a system that would exactly tell me what to visualize, where to accurately focus on and how to exactly move and breath etc. I guess I couldn’t ignore my technical background there. But with S-M it was mainly about _being_, _letting_ and _witnessing_ what would happen. I’m now practicing S-M for more than one year and for about one month after my first workshop, which was not exactly around the corner, but worth every second spent traveling. I invite you to read my impressions at my upcoming post.

All the best!

• Like 5

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will now be free to give your impressions in your upcoming post but before getting going please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ That covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

When you find a system that clicks with you and provides personal growth.. its a beautiful thing.

Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

Greetings, my friend!

I hope your return trip was uneventful.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will now be free to give your impressions in your upcoming post but before getting going please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ That covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

Thank you, Chang!

When you find a system that clicks with you and provides personal growth.. its a beautiful thing.

Welcome aboard.

I can't agree more. I don't even look anymore at other relaxation, meditation, healing* etc. techniques, because for me if found the perfect system.

*) I did and do work now and then with radionic - but if one looks close enough it is 100% compatible to S-M

Greetings, my friend!

I hope your return trip was uneventful.

Hi Brian, yes it was very smooth, thanks. I was happy that I had enough time to contemplate and write down some notes or draw sketches of some moves.

It's very nice that the first people that I met at the workshop are to first that I meet here - I have very positive memories of you guys - thanks!

I wish you all the best!

Sign in to follow this