Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Mudras for Malas and Dream

Had some pretty cool experiences recently while spontaneously experimenting with the dhayana mudra. I was really quite impressed with the power and flow of energy it generated…..yet i barely even noticed it in my earlier periods of practice when i experimented a lot with this stuff.

I was wondering does anyone know any good Mudra for enhancing ones ability in dreamwork, lucid dreaming, remembering dreams….etc. I would appreciate any pointers.

Also i do a bit of Mala work….which naturally takes up one hand. Are there any effective one handed mudras that compliment mala work, and if so what are there effects. Any valid advice wold be much appreciated.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Well, i don't know anything about Mala, but of the kuji mudras, kai trigger flow of images while using them in my sitting meds, but require both hands.

You might also search for taoist travelling hands which is taught by Max Christiansen for dreamwork and astral t., which is also described in the famous Kunlun book, but this is also a two hand practice.

Best.

• Like 1

Try researching Buddhi Mudra. I've also seen it called Varun Mudra, Bhudi/Bhudy Mudra, among others. Basic explanation is thumb tip to pinky tip. The pinky is supposed to represent Mercury, which stimulates mental clarity and communication skill. However, it also is said to balance the water element, which is related to the bodily fluids and can have a balancing effect on things like mucus and water retention, etc. The water element also relates to both emotional states as well as psychic awareness. Therefor, the mudra is believed to stimulate psychic development too.

Some simple google searches gave way too many results for me to choose which to provide.

I know it's an old topic, but I hope that this may benefit you. It's definitely one you can do with one hand.

Sign in to follow this