Sign in to follow this  
z00se

The Spectacular Now

The Spectacular Now is a movie, i watched it last night and really liked it.

Recently over the last couple of years alot of movies have focused on living in the moment, finding your light, the wonder of enlightment or realising yourself along different themes etc. I even took my son to his first cinema experience the other day and watched The Lego Movie and it had the same thing on the theme of master builders who could build whatever from their inner light. They all focus on how great and wonderful it was.

The Spectacular Now shows different perspectives on this point, beyond the thrill of enlightment. I suggest anyone to watch it if they would like a kick back movie night, it's a good watch. Not necessarily indicative of every case and every person but it's just nice to see a different spin or angle on this trend of movies. An angle i support on this forum just to rub against the grain in a forum that has a majority of seekers of the light.

It's not that i am anti-light, anti-spiritual or anti-enlightment i just believe that when you find the light you need to balance it with the dark and not become overcome by it.

If you've seen it share your thoughts. As already mentioned what happens in the movie is not my point, because it is only one example but it's a point indicating in a direction i support. The movie is done very well because even watching the first little part for a second time i can see the theme and lots of good points and comments indicating the central movie theme right from the beginning although it's not even clear what has happened yet.

It's a proper hollywood movie, sure beats watching some bald guy in robes babble on. Enjoy!

That's a good trailer once u know the movie. Hadn't seen the trailer before, thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this