Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

Apparent Reality VS Reality

it is the Japanese Kunlun master Kan dissolving his body...

I bet you love some of the special effects in the movies, they create amazing illusions..

I've heard it all, and i've been present when the people making claims like this couldn't make it happen.. i've had 'masters' try to move me with 'ling kong jing', and when it failed their reasoning was because 'i didn't believe', when.. in fact i was eager to feel that sort of mastery, hopeful that someone could reveal that level of clarity/mastery..

I have played with skilled Taiji players whose skills were so well refined and whose clarity and ting jing so sensitive that their integration with the experience happening could be perceived as 'magical' by an untrained or inexperienced participant or observer..

There are the common believers that really want to believe the myths and stories, and who will embellish those stories to add the appearance validity.. often because a 'teacher' tells them they can do it, too, if they train hard enough, believe strong enough, and pay enough..

If the claim is not self-evident, or if it requires that the experiencer 'believe in order to receive', be skeptical.. 'that which is', is self-evident and present even if there is no belief.. the still mind's awareness has no beliefs, rituals, no "must be's/can't be's", it is still, alert, unconditionally sincere, and genuinely curious.. it speaks plainly, clearly, simply, in the language of the common person's understanding, rather than specialized linguistics with coded terminologies that set the believers apart from those less 'achieved'..

There are myriad excuses as to why someone can't do what they say they can.. no excuses needed by those that simply do what they do, without the embellished self-image performances..

• Like 6

I bet you love some of the special effects in the movies, they create amazing illusions..

I've heard it all, and i've been present when the people making claims like this couldn't make it happen.. i've had 'masters' try to move me with 'ling kong jing', and when it failed their reasoning was because 'i didn't believe', when.. in fact i was eager to feel that sort of mastery, hopeful that someone could reveal that level of clarity/mastery..

I have played with skilled Taiji players whose skills were so well refined and whose clarity and ting jing so sensitive that their integration with the experience happening could be perceived as 'magical' by an untrained or inexperienced participant or observer..

There are the common believers that really want to believe the myths and stories, and who will embellish those stories to add the appearance validity.. often because a 'teacher' tells them they can do it, too, if they train hard enough, believe strong enough, and pay enough..

If the claim is not self-evident, or if it requires that the experiencer 'believe in order to receive', be skeptical.. 'that which is', is self-evident and present even if there is no belief.. the still mind's awareness has no beliefs, rituals, no "must be's/can't be's", it is still, alert, unconditionally sincere, and genuinely curious.. it speaks plainly, clearly, simply, in the language of the common person's understanding, rather than specialized linguistics with coded terminologies that set the believers apart from those less 'achieved'..

There are myriad excuses as to why someone can't do what they say they can.. no excuses needed by those that simply do what they do, without the embellished self-image performances..

You found stillness, you never found awareness, the primordial ground.

The primordial awareness is not still. It is that from which everything arises, it is far from still. It spontaneously manifests appearances, wonderous magical beautiful ugly disgusting appearances including thoughts, emotions, pleasure and suffering. It is luminous, loving, infinite and words cannot truly describe it.

It has been your karma that you have had the experiences that have solidified your views into something like a stone. So be it. No point in talking to you. You're the one who will have to break yourself out of your prison.

Good luck.

:)

• Like 1

You found stillness, you never found awareness, the primordial ground.

The primordial awareness is not still. It is that from which everything arises, it is far from still. It spontaneously manifests appearances, wonderous magical beautiful ugly disgusting appearances including thoughts, emotions, pleasure and suffering. It is luminous, loving, infinite and words cannot truly describe it.

It has been your karma that you have had the experiences that have solidified your views into something like a stone. So be it. No point in talking to you. You're the one who will have to break yourself out of your prison.

Good luck.

:)

Awareness is not 'something' you find, it is a quality of consciousness.. your awareness found illusion and you are fond of your preferred illusions, believing them to be real.. this too shall pass, all things do.. from stillness, openness, emptiness what is seen/experienced is without the distortion of attachments to beliefs.. it is those attachments and beliefs that interrupt the experiencer's awareness of the fluid dynamism of creation happening.. let go, be still and know..

Likewise, good luck..

We have 'physical mediums' on our path and I've sat with some good ones, some indifferent and a few total shysters.

Will post a link below to one of the ( IMO) good ones.

Make your own mind up.

Thing is about any physical manifestation...

What's the point?

As a magic show, fair enough but you can see more spectacular illusion shows and have a nice dinner in places like Blackpool or Las Vegas.

To convince the skeptic?

Good luck with that, aint ever gonna happen.

To bolster the 'faith' of believing sitters?

Hardly, any Spiritualist paying £40 a ticket or more for a seance is pretty much on board already.

Physical mediumship ebbs and flows in fashion.

Right now it's back in fashion.

Then, down the line some big name physical medium will get caught faking phenomena and it all dies off for a while.

This whole 'signs and wonders' schtick is part of life for sure but an 'amusing' part of life at best.

At worst this stuff can detract interest from serious cultivation and, as I said before - there are some total shysters out there.

Here's Scott Milligan's site.

http://www.scottmilligan.net/cart/

He's a good physical medium and I bet none of you knew that someone out there was still selling 'seance trumpets' .

He's a good lad is Scott, genuinely believes in what he's doing and gets 'results'.

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I can only speak from my personal perspective and for no one else, but I would consider the room I sit in typing this, the windows and walls, the music I'm listening to, my body/mind/spirit, to be a part of what I would call "real reality" because it is in a sense very real to me, and to the other observers here as well. I would also agree that, from what I've learned of quantum physics, my experience, etc, that none of it really exists either and there is only energy. An awareness, me, can perceive to touch them, hear them, and see them. In the past at some point, another awareness did the same. Someone built the walls, someone built the windows, someone assembled my chair, my computer, made the music I'm listening to, etc. Those things became a part of "real reality" through the actions and observations of someone else, and made them real here. If I lived in a vacuum with purely energy then there would be no wall, windows, music, etc, but I don't. There are many observers here now, as well as myself. I also feel I'm part of a whole where anything is possible and everything is of a whole that cannot be described, defined, or divided, but from this point of observation I am not alone and all of my fellow observers also define this "real reality". I can call this "real reality", "reality", "wow" or define it however I like but to me in this life/existence it just "is". If I think I can stick my hand through wall which I "think" is just empty space I can break what I think and feel is my physical hand. If I imagine putting my hand through the wall I can do that, but I'm not thinking about my body. My perception may exist here in this "universe", and my body/mind/spirit (however I chose to break down the whole that is me to describe it) right now is my center of "it" with everything existing "outside" of me, but I am still connected to it all including all the other observers so it is a collective reality, this "real reality". If I sit with my friend in this room, no matter how much we'd like to think otherwise, we'd both potentially break our hands trying to stick them through the mostly empty space that is the wall because it's already been observed and defined.

Regarding Jesus, Buddha, monks, you or anyone else for that matter I cannot ever speak for them, nor can I limit them. Is it possible that Jesus walked on water, sure why not I think. Is it also possible that Jesus didn't walk on water and that is folklore, sure why not I think. I can't possibly know for sure one way or the other, same as monks having swords or bullets pass through them. I think that would be super freeking cool, but I can't force my "hopeful reality" or "imagined reality" on anything or anyone either. None of that exists in my "real reality" anyway, I'm just thinking and imagining things but that doesn't affect me sitting here typing or the birds chirping outside. My own reality just a few weeks ago was vastly, infinitely smaller, then it is today. I did define my own reality and it was a very painful one, but at the time I could not see outside of it so it was VERY real to me, and I could not see my way out of it because I wasn't open minded, open hearted, and living wholey in the moment. My personal reality changed exponentially in the way that I perceive this "real reality", as well as my reality within my mind, but this keyboard is still here, the walls and the chair and the computer are still here. I'm free to think and imagine as I like, but that thinking and imagining is only a part of the whole that is me and all that is around me. In a way my thinking and imagining could be defined as an "apparent reality".

If I chose not to flee from someone wishing to kill me it would be my choice because no one can make it for me. To someone else it may seem like a foolish thing to do, but if I know that death is just another change then it might not bother me that much. Maybe I see that the sword or the bullet does pass through me, and that death is an "apparent reality".

• Like 1

That is exactly what Dear Old Jiddu taught me so well.

xxx.

Realizing the unknown also helps.

• Like 1

A zillion thanx from me would not suffice to express my gratitude to the loudest ringing belle.

Nonetheless.

Thank you Deci, from the very bottom of my Hart.

xxx.

ps can someone tell me how to put a "heart" symbol in the text? Thx!

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

Faith is when all rational thinking subsides.

Only a real bozo would come out wid dat remark.

Faith can move mountains.

Go ask Mohammed.

Or Neville Goddard, for that matter.

Or you could just listen to www.planetrock.com/live

It ain't just PR.

Izzit?

;)

xxx.

ps Ida missin' wing.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

OK Dougal.

These toy cows on the table are small toy cows.

Small toy cows.

Those cows through the window are real cows.

Big real cows.

But far away.

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this