Sign in to follow this  
silent thunder

symbolic discussion

The power of symbols transcends mere word-thought=forms to encompass a living image whose relevance can shift with the shared observer.

So often I find words are unable to aptly communicate an experience. I find myself in long pauses during speaking while attempting to find, or even create a word/concept that would transmit the experience I am attempting to share with another...

I love and have always been drawn to symbols as one image may reveal a myriad of definitions and many tiers of meaning when encountered. Whole stories, lifetimes in a glyph...

Explained or not, share some of the symbols that are relevant to you on your Path.

• Like 2

This image for me, the monk in the mouth of the tiger, is particularly relevant. For the last few years particularly, I have been made aware of the power of lasting good and vile effects of my speech.

What I say, is perhaps the most direct and abundant expression of my consciousness into the world.

post-103196-0-79671100-1397296013_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

" Fire Exit"

That little green running figure with an arrow pointing to a Fire Exit.

(Pro)Found in public buildings.

As a symbol that one always puts me in mind of 'holy' books, Bibles, Sutras and the like.

A sculptor made a marble sculpt of a turtle moving toward a hole - the turtle would not be able to continue unless he gave up his shell.

5a4945245eb586b0982c0db975c31944.jpg

that is sweet. like taoist symbol turned into Symbol of Trinity. The Tibetans do this with a bird, snake, and something else.

Sign in to follow this