Sign in to follow this  
grabmywrist4

living with your taijiquan teacher? advice?

I'm reading a commentary on chen xiaowangs five levels of Taijiquan. Chen says after one year those devoted enough can learn the form. The commentator says to keep in mind that chen is deeply immersed in tradition and is attached to the classical. A time that assumes a teacher/student relationship in which both live together and train together everyday. This seems like a good idea. But how does one go about finding a teacher to live with? I would like to practice intensively every day but I am discouraged because incorrect practice for 13 hours a day seems counter intuitive. I have been practicing for many hours a day for around a year and I still have no idea what I'm doing. My teacher told me doing something correctly is more important than doing it incorrectly one thousand times. But what should I do until I can practice it correctly? There is nothing else I am interested in besides taijiquan. Does anyone have any tips or advice for me?

Nowadays, it is impractical to live with a teacher to become perfect. Unless, you stay in a temple with your sifu or something.

Nobody is perfect at the beginning but practice, practice and practice to make it perfect. You just need to learn the forms and let your muscles get use to the telemetry of all the movements. The mistakes may be corrected at the end. It has been known to be done this way in many cases.

Edited by ChiDragon

Sign in to follow this