thelerner

duck season, rabbit season, allergy season

In the U.S Midwest I had allergies during the winter. Never happened before. They're predicting high pollen counts this Spring.

I dislike using allergy medicines. I've started using a Neti daily. Any other suggestions?

I bought some stuff at Whole Foods last year that worked pretty well. I think it was this stuff.

It didn't have any of the side effects of allergy medicine, but I did have to take it several times a day.

I've noticed that, if I get a good Tai Chi practice in first thing in the morning and before I go to bed at night, my allergies aren't quite as bad. And I feel that, in general, I haven't been affected quite as severely since I've started practicing.

There are still two or three weeks in the spring when I get really itchy and irritated, though.

EDIT: I just found the package and it was actually this stuff. Much cheaper. I'm surprised to see that it's homeopathic. I usually don't trust homeopathy, but it seemed to work.

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 1

Is it duck season in the USA right now?

I thought that was in autumn.

Migration rather than breeding time.

Edited by GrandmasterP

My allergies act up quite a bit during Spring as well.

Kinda weird, but I find that hiking/walking in deep woods noticeably clears out my sinuses. - like a reset or something. Helps with my allergies, at least.

You could try including local honey as a replacement for sweetener, if and when you do sweeten. Nettle (I'd take it as a tincture) and omega-3s...

I should neti soon..

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar "with the Mother in it"

1tablespoon in a glass of clean water.

Upon rising in the morning x once daily.

• Like 1

Day 4 of using the Neti, my nasal openings seem much clearer. Usually at night I shift around, moving to my right side to clear my left sinus and vice versa. Last night I was in the sweet spot, both nostrils open and clear.

SoG good idea on the apple cider vinegar. Its quite nice tonic in itself, its so inexpensive its unappreciated.

• Like 1