Trunk

Space Panda Qigong banner ad

~~~ admin statement ~~~

It's *fine* to link to other forums.

This banner in signatures has been reported lately, and deserves a public statement by me.

jkits6.jpg

My thoughts on the current forum set up by MPG (vis-a-vis TTBs interaction), quoted from discussion w/ mods:

I find myself with the same position:

- allow the links to site in general, including the banner ads

- disallow posts that link to specific posts on their site that say "this is what I *really* think of so-n-so": it's too direct of a work-around to posting insults here. The link to site-general is oblique enough, even if it is a work-around.

- I think there *should* be sites with different behavioral parameters than ours.

- this topic deserves a public post by me, so people are clear on policy here. (Even if we reserve right to adjust to changing situations.)

I think that people SHOULD create other venues (plural) with various purposes and parameters. TTBs isn't everything, can't be, never will be. I think that people should create venues (both digital and live-in-person) more often, blogs, discussion sites, sites specific to schools, teachers, pts of view, etc, etc. If TTBs isn't exactly what you want and it's frustrating for you, CREATE what you want, link to it from TTBs if you want... don't wait until you are so so frustrated that it's a real drag.

My view is that MPG went through a *LOT* here at TTBs and was *VERY* patient for a very long time, under pressures. If he wants a place to express exactly how he wants, that is beyond/outside TTBs rules, he (or *any*one else) SHOULD have that kind of space. CREATE. BE FREE!

- Trunk

p.s.

Of course, if people link to sites that blatantly break laws, racist, etc... we'd hide those posts/links, but that's a very different situation than what's going on currently.

~~~ /admin out ~~~

• Like 9

reminds me of the forming of taouncut!

Hmmm, come to think of it, from what I hear, TTBs was a branch off too (though I'm guessing a friendlier one).

My view is that MPG went through a *LOT* here at TTBs and was *VERY* patient for a very long time, under pressures.

spock-raised-eyebrow.jpg
  • Like 3

Looks like he also bought a TTBs banner ad. :D

(which I get no $ from, btw, and had nothing to do with)

Balls! You go, MPG!!

• Like 5

seeing as the patrons of the bar threw him through the front door, he made his own place to tell off people that question jc's verbiage on precisely what yin qi is :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Looks like he also bought a TTBs banner ad. :D

(which I get no $ from, btw, and had nothing to do with)

Balls! You go, MPG!!

If every banned member bought a banner ad, perhaps we could afford some extra features.... such as unlimited people in chat :D.

• Like 1

It's kind of an inside joke, to those in the know, huh? :)

However, if admin and members want to attract quality discussions, quality posters, and quality teachers, how does allowing a ridiculously misleading banner ad at TTB accomplish these goals?

BKA, please feel free to merge the posts.

my point exactly!! neikung/chikung is one of the most serious and one of the things in your life that should be taken the most serious. joking is for joking if you want seriousness then for goodness sakes be serious.

seeing as the patrons of the bar threw him through the front door, he made his own place to tell off people that question jc's verbiage on precisely what yin qi is :rolleyes:

For someone who is so vocal about not caring what anyone here thinks, he sure seems to spend a lot of time and energy (and money, apparently) obsessing about what people here think.

I followed the link out of curiosity and it looks like maybe 90% of the content over there is either railing about how he/they don't give a flying... ahem... flip about what individuals here think (and about how the Staff here was on a vendetta against him and are all closeted Ya Mu worshippers), or it is focused on specifically rebutting individual posts here in disturbingly graphic and scatological terms.

I found the thread on the details of using a grounding wire particularly amusing... :D

Whatever floats his boat, I guess, and more power to him. Too bad he didn't decide to use his free time to actually practice, though! ;)

BTW, some of the posters over there are also posters here -- which is fine with me -- and the tone is the same one that was prevalent on TaoUncut during its brief flurry of activity. If you checked out that on a lark you probably needed bother checking this one out, IMO. I won't bother going back.

• Like 5

However, if admin and members want to attract quality discussions, quality posters, and quality teachers, how does allowing a ridiculously misleading banner ad at TTB accomplish these goals?

I know! "Dream Trip"???, ppfffttt!

• Like 4

jkits6.jpg

That Space Panda Qigong banner ad reminds me of Felix Baumgartner's "Red Bull" sponsored stratosphere jump from the balloon. Which in turn reminds me of the yin chi feel of Mother Earth's pull whenever I (foolishly) jump off a tall structure -- like the tallest diving platform, or like the cliffs by the sea. :D

Edited by gramp

Maybe its a joke

But I see it as a sign of disrespect

Not against myself

but against one particular person

and for that reason

I say its offensive

Not because I think hes wrong (although I do)

Its just like parading disrespect around, like an indirect insult

• Like 2

I opened TTB today and that was the first thing I saw, so I went there ... imagining this was my first visit to TTB if this was my first visit to TTB !

I just got confused by it ... was it a bunch of posts and pics lifted from here ... do people from here post their comments with an avatar and the same as here ... are the forums linked somehow ... read a bit ... seemed rubbish and thought why would TTB support a site like that .... money ?

Then I switched back to a TB .... and here I am . Still somewhat confused .

• Like 2

what happened when pie guy/thunder gootch and friends attempted qigong in space " dont follow him to space" ...

lol

have anyone read the posts over there? if the tao bums really wants to attract high level masters and such, associating with nonsens like that is only going to spoil their efforts. no self respecting teacher or high level practisioner would dare deal with that nonsense! or anything/one associated with it.

• Like 5

Maybe its a joke But I see it as a sign of disrespect

Not against myself but against one particular person

and for that reason I say its offensive

Not because I think hes wrong (although I do)

Its just like parading disrespect around, like an indirect insult

I agree. I also think that this sound bite from MPG in the first writing in the first locked thread called 'Warning To Forum Members' is a bit passive regressive.

It's very likely your account on another forum like TTB might get suspended or banned for something you do or say over here.

This strikes me as willfully wrong, disrespectful and a bit paranoid.

Though maybe he's got a point, after reading some of his comments over there I am glad he's banned.

• Like 3

what happens when you go into space with love in your heart and accept the blessings of the cosmos "follow love into space" its kinds long but you get the point.

have anyone read the posts over there? if the tao bums really wants to attract high level masters and such, associating with nonsens like that is only going to spoil their efforts. no self respecting teacher or high level practisioner would dare deal with that nonsense! or anything/one associated with it.

That depends on your definition of nonsense.