Vitalii

Daoist school Zhen Dao Pai: video and photo; training in London.

good stuff, my qigongs contain that stuff too...but of course not as orderly :D

• Like 2

Sweet teacup movements, Vitalii, thank you for sharing it :D

edit: I only now noticed the second video - doubly sweet :)

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 2

Taiji training with 7kg ball

nice i can see you have a good teacher! few know of the actual strengthening exercises of the internal arts.
  • Like 2

nice i can see you have a good teacher! few know of the actual strengthening exercises of the internal arts.

Thank you :)

Yes, you are right. Unfortunately not many practitioners know about a complete traditional practice of Taiji Quan Yang style which includes not only the slow form, but a number of other forms and methods, where one can work on strength, speed, agility, quick execution of movements with a focus on the release of the power issuing (Fajin); there is also training of fast and precision buffets, work out weight etc.

Even direct transfer cannot always guarantee the completeness in studying of the art.

Edited by Vitalii
  • Like 3

yes thats true, ive seen that for a long time here in the states most who practice taichi only practice the soft flowing movements with no internal basis. not many know that its even a fighting art. much less one that has many variants, chin na application, hand strikes, kicks and much much more. im glad to see another that practices this way..

• Like 2

Taiji training with 7kg ball

My Silat teacher does something similar. Holding weights while doing the movements slowly. Cool stuff. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 3

On the video you can see 4 variations of the direct kick:
- just direct kick
- direct kick with hand movements
- direct kick with hand movements and stop after kick
- direct kick with hand movements from lower stance

Taijiquan / Xingyi quan / Qigong / Dao Yin / Inner Alchemy in London - http://zhendaopai.com/timetable/

• Like 3

Any chance you could post a video of your medicine ball work? I'd appreciate it. I've been using mine again for a few weeks, doing moves I learned in a taiji ball worshop (which were based around shaolin white Crane that I've learned from the same teacher) but have experimented a little and found the teacup moves do more for me.

I'd really like to see what you do! Thanks

• Like 2

Hi soaring crane,

At the moment I do not have a my ball, so unfortunately I can not make video with it. I will make it if I have it.

• Like 1

Hi soaring crane,

At the moment I do not have a my ball, so unfortunately I can not make video with it. I will make it if I have it.

Thanks, V :-)

• Like 1