The Prisoner

Magick has nothing to do in Tao

skydog retreats like the little pussy shit he is

heee heeh

he

ye

Edited by skydog
  • Like 2

not sure exactly the position of the op.

but I think a case can be made either way;

is practicing magic wu wei or zi ran ?

is practicing magic a higher art or a lower art?

is it found in Taoist canon?

so is it Taoist or Chinese folk art?

• Like 2

its just my way

and yes I know.

Why I post?

Tell me?

Am I not a member??

my apologies

was a bit angry at the time of my posting

Yes you are right to post whatever you want

Although I guess I wasnt sure why one posted a critiscm of the forum, in the forum

To answer your question.

I think Tao means many things

and Magick means many things

To me tao encompasses many things, and shamanism most problem was the stem of taoism

Like Tao is about nature, and shamans are kinda like magicians

But anyways most thoughts are a subtle form of magic

So are most words and actions.

and sometimes one may receive intuitive guidance from higher self or spirits or something to do magic, in which case it doesnt work quite like "Doing" magic but feeling that something is right to do, and doing it.

When I do my paintings (yeh Im gonna send a link facebook.com/sinansencerart)

I have a vision and intuitive guidance and messages about what to paint, from my soul/heart/something else whatever you want to call it

I also question a lot the morality behind some of the things

but tend to think that if Im paying attention to being a good person etc

and keep questioning all my subtle intentions

then i shouldnt worry too much

and maybe I might make a mistake but probably not

however I guess there is a type of magic that may be more forceful

but force and action are part of the tao too since one is part of the universe

I guess maybe some people are meant to have magical abilities

I dont know tho good question/thought

• Like 1

skydog,

i see intuition as one thing, and spiritual guidence as another, and magic altogether different. thats my pov

i dont see the magician and the shaman as the same thing.

if magic is about casting spells,

well ok i will ask , is magic about casting spells?

or is that another provence called spell casting?

well your probably right with what you said

im not sure

I think a lot of stuff I do intuitively seems to be like magic and I never picked up a book just got it through my intuition

and it happened by itself

I dont know how to describe what magic is, Im probably not the best person to answer the question

• Like 1

ah yeah i'm in the same boat you are skydog, i experience all kinds of "magical" moments or experiences.

but i dont formally practice any forms of magic.

if one has a healthy energy, intention, will do they need to rely upon magic for a favorable outcome?

idk anything about, i only have questions.

does magic have a goal?

if so, what is it?

• Like 3

Depends on what we mean by magic I suppose.

Magick comes with baggage anybody spelling it that way is maybe bought into one or other particular path.

Magic ( non stage magic or illusion for entertainment) though maybe might describe the metaphysical.

So, in a sense; cultivating might be described as magical - sometimes- when its working properly.

There are those metaphysical and transcendent 'moments' sometimes ,during a good cultivation; that are pretty 'magical'.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

it just drains you

and others

How would you know? How do you have any idea what magic does to me?

If you find that magic drains you, fair enough, but if it does, that doesn't mean it drains me.

( The use of projective language is so ingrained nowadays some people don't even know what I am talking about .... or I will rephrase that;

the use of projective language is so ingrained nowadays some people dont even know what you are talking about . )

• Like 4

yes i get that GP. yunan baiyao powder could be called chinese magic i reckon as well.

those metaphysical or transcending momentary experiences i usually refer to as 'sublime'

nungali makes a point about language . i just did some research about how this trickster till eulenspiegel when he told the "truth'

no one believed him but he could "lie" his way to anything he wanted. is that a type of magic?

nungali, the magic you are talking about, does it have ritual or spells?

• Like 1

When I do my magical practices they charge me and balance me, I feel a widening of my awareness and my energy increases.

If it is draining you or others around you, stop whatever practice you are playing with now. That energy that is 'drained' is going somewhere, energy isn't created or destroyed, where do you think it is going?

• Like 2

Some do claim that Crowley came up with Magick to define his schtick but that word's been around for quite a while.

That said printers used to be paid for each letter set so, in typeset; using magick paid more than magic.

List of pre AC books using the spelling - Magick - here......

https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=magick&tbs=,cdr:1,cd_min:Dec+23_2+1499,cd_max:Dec+31_2+1900&num=10

Edited by GrandmasterP

nungali, that sounds like the results i get from qigong and meditation.

'spelling' that is a cool one GP. and i think that there is a type of power or energy in words and language.

many cultures agree on this from the mayan to the bible.

• Like 1

well crap, the op just got banned from here. at his own request. and poof he was gone.

i wont say it was magic tho.

and if i use the shorter spelling it is becoz i am too lazy to strike that extra key.

sigh,

i thought i would learn about magic.

if it is something beyond the ordinary wonders of nature,

in the meanwhile i reckon i can stay working on that>> the ordinary wonders of nature that sometimes lead to those sublime moments. and my qigong and meditation.

omg i am spelling ! " i use the shorter spelling"

i have noticed some times when there are moments that totally defy any reason or logic that happens at a very opportune timing.

curious, those moments.

• Like 1

yes i get that GP. yunan baiyao powder could be called chinese magic i reckon as well.

those metaphysical or transcending momentary experiences i usually refer to as 'sublime'

nungali makes a point about language . i just did some research about how this trickster till eulenspiegel when he told the "truth'

no one believed him but he could "lie" his way to anything he wanted. is that a type of magic?

nungali, the magic you are talking about, does it have ritual or spells?

I do little ritual nowadays ... I have never liked the word spell ... especially 'casting spells'.

Its a big topic and I am not sure where to start. perhaps the easiest is to say, the thing I see about it that has most value is it supplies a map of the territory and psyche and certain techniques. After a while (and I have been practicing on and off for over 20 years), for me, the outer form sorts of drops away after a while and what I learnt to do with that form can be done in other ways now.

I have practiced ritual in the past quiet extensively; Liturgical ritual (I was also 'clergy' for a while), rites of passage and initiation ( as a candidate, officer and initiator), basic stuff like the LBRP ( mentioned in another thread current here), extensive periods of 'solar adoration' x 4 a day , sometimes for months on end (every day 4 times; dawn noon sunset and midnight). Also I have contact with indigenous shaman/elder that I learn from (and thats probably too 'wild' to write about in detail here ... people will just think I am bullshitting ).. I did extensive - 'earth alchemy' for a while ... that was pretty magical. Also I work with the tarot a lot. Oh yeah, theres stuff scattered around about my 'goetic' (for want of a better word) magic ... posted some pics of my temple and ritual setup somewhere. We did some great ritual group work ... anything from paganism to western ritual magic , worked with some rituals 'as written' and developed some of our own ( 1st case eg. Liber Yod, 2nd, 2 come to mind; A 300 strong outdoor Spring Equinox rite (went off! - one of the best ever), a 'maypole' (cant even remember the name of that seasonal ritual now) that was very good - our group joined in with the PPPA (Pan Pacific Pagan Alliance :) ) it was an amazing pageant; flowery dancing maidens, a large harp in the circle with a player accompanying oration (Swinburne) , a giant maypole erected and decorated with the ribbon dance 9the kids loved it)

A few years performing the Rites Of Eleusis, including public performance in the big city ( went OFF again :D )

The more I write, the more I remember .... so YES it has a LOT of ritual in it.

Nowadays, I am closer to a Hermit. Mostly retired.

• Like 2

Some do claim that Crowley came up with Magick to define his schtick but that word's been around for quite a while.

That said printers used to be paid for each letter set so, in typeset; using magick paid more than magic.

List of pre AC books using the spelling - Magick - here......

https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=magick&tbs=,cdr:1,cd_min:Dec+23_2+1499,cd_max:Dec+31_2+1900&num=10

I wish I got paid per letter :D it would help my chronosynclastic infundibula

Ed; Ye Olde chronosynclastic infundibula ;)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 4

i am all for dancing ecstatically round a maypole with flowery dancing maidens.

and mayday is right around the corner yawheeeeeeeeee

i consult the I Ching but i dont think it magic.

you are welcome to pm me about the 'too wild stuff'

• Like 1

Here's a Buddhist tale about ritual.

Not long after the Buddha reposed.

There was an abbot who liked cats.

Trouble was the cats liked people.

So every time the monks were meditating the cats would be in there jumping about and disturbing the serenity.

Eventually the abbot decreed that during meditation times the cats had to be shut in the kitchen with a big bowl of milk.

That worked.

After many years the abbot reposed and they were onto the nth generation of temple cats.

Each abbot in turn ensured cats were always on hand and shut in the kitchen with a big bowl of milk at meditation time.

The tradition survived down the centuries until, recently; academics discovered it and began writing journal articles about the ' Mystical Milk Cat Ritual'.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 4

ah yeah i'm in the same boat you are skydog, i experience all kinds of "magical" moments or experiences.

but i dont formally practice any forms of magic.

if one has a healthy energy, intention, will do they need to rely upon magic for a favorable outcome?

idk anything about, i only have questions.

does magic have a goal?

if so, what is it?

Magic is just there, the goal part is up to the practitioner imo.

• Like 3

My goal is to explore Life and the Psyche ... and to develop and balance my 'special abilities',

to move through my incarnation for the purpose it was intended ;)

• Like 1

But , on the rare occasion I feel I am 'in Tao' ... the thread title may be apt.

A magician needs to learn what how when and with whom to do and deal .... and when to 'do nothing'.

• Like 1

But , on the rare occasion I feel I am 'in Tao' ... the thread title may be apt.

A magician needs to learn what how when and with whom to do and deal .... and when to 'do nothing'.

Yeah, the more nothing you are, sometimes manifests the most :).

Other times, the more you do about something manifests the most.

Other times, fuck manifestation...

• Like 4