Sign in to follow this  
Pepperbellly

Hello Tao Bums

Hello Tao Bums

My name is Laith and am writing to you from Germany. I signed up a few days ago for you Blog.

I actually came across it quite by chance! Many years ago (1996) I started learning the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung, from videos that Terry Dunn put out in the 90's. Over the last 17 years I've completed all the of the material he taught on those tapes. As, I come from a M.A. background, I have met many different Chi Kung and Tai Chi practioners and instructors. Yet in all those years I have never met anybody else that practices or has even heard of the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung.

Well, imagine my surprise, when around Oct/Nov 2013 I somehow came across your Tao Bums Blog. I really don't remember how I ended up on here, but I decided to scroll around a little in your General Discussion section. I got about half way down the page, I thought my eyes were gonna pop out of my head... there in front of me, was a whole section dedicated just for the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung!!! Needless to say, I felt like I just won the lottery :) Well, it took me about 4 weeks to read through all the post. Since then, I've contacted Sifu Terry Dunn, through email and gave him an update of my training over the years.

Although I mainly keep up with the Flying Phoenix section, I have looked around into other parts of the Forum and found that you have a great selection of very interesting topics, that I would like to delve into more, in the future.

Though all of us here, may not be Taoist,in the literal sense... never the less, we are all "Travelers on the Path" from Alpha-Omega. I'm glad I came upon this little community by chance or luck, and look forward to contributing in a positive way.

greetings from Germany

Laith

• Like 1

Hello Pepperbellly,

and welcome to The Tao Bums :)

Good to know you already found some interesting threads and information here. Actually The Tao Bums has a forum-structure and is not a blog, so people are free to contribute to discussions. If you would like to have a place to discuss your own practice in detail you might be interested in a Personal Practice Journal.

Your introductory post has been approved, so you'll be able to post on the forum now. Please keep our Terms and Rules in mind when participating here.

Have fun here, good luck and all the best to you!

Yascra

Hi Yascra,

Thanks for your quick reply and approval of my introductory post.

Though I work with/on a computer every day, Im not what you would call a computer whiz and am not familiar with all the language/terms. I always wondered what the difference was between a blog and a forum, thanks for pointing that out to me.

Even at my age, you're never to old to learn something new ;)

btw, great quote at the bottom of your email :)

"see ya around"

Laith

Hi again Laith,

well, as a short unprofessional explanation from me, a blog would usually be lead by one group or person, where they would present their articles/thoughts/stories, maybe allowing others to comment on that. On the other hand a forum is more a place for exchange amongst a community of users like you see it in here :)

See you there!

Yascra

• Like 1

Cool name. Welcome to TTB Pepperbelly. Enjoy your stay. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this