Sign in to follow this  
nononothing

Hello and my brief history leading to here.

Hello everyone,

It is nice to find a lot of like minded people here so that I know I am not alone and I am not crazy :)

Everything started with me about a year ago. I believe I have following a path that is self-directed based on my science and logical background.

A year ago, when talking with a close friend about people's sufferings, it was mentioned that all truth is relative, and we all live within boundaries and we have to deal with boundaries. All of sudden, something snapped in my mind, I went crazy for 30 minutes, literally. In the following two days, I slept and ate minimum. My mind was racing in ways it never happened before. I wrote pages after pages of reflections and insights on all kinds of subjects. I felt a gate was open for me. I am in a new world.

Then I quiet down a bit and got busy with life. Six months later, I came a cross a book on Chinese Traditional Medicine. It talked about Taoism philosophy. It started to dawn on me, that all the questions I have found in the field of science and logic which can not be satisfactorily answered seem to be answered by Taoism. Still doubting, I started my lab experience, picked an interesting and harmless cultivation practice, which is Testicle Breathing. Within 30 minutes, I got the crawling sensations under the skin of my underside. I said WOW. Within three weeks, my Micro Cosmic Orbit was opened. I ate a little, sleep 4 hours a day and felt fantastic. Buddhism call it to prove. I have proven to myself that Taoism cultivation works. Then I plunge into Taoism then Buddhism. It was like discovering a new continent to me. I have read a lot of books of these two religion many years ago, but could never make any head or tail out of it. Now everything start to take shape and fit together in my head.

Now I am at plebeian's stage. His writing Enlightenment Is An Exclusive Destination is exactly what I feel, word by word.

I have done minimum meditation and Taoism cultivation beside Testicle Breathing. But those limited meditation and cultivation gave me good results. I have been careful enough NOT to read about the effect certain meditation and cultivation gets, so that the result I get is not biased. All effects I got matches the documented effect when I checked afterwards. This makes me a believer in addition to my logical pursuit through readings.

Most of my time have been spend on reading and thinking. Now I see I can sit down do a bit more meditation and cultivation.

I see everyone has a different path. I am happy to say that I like my path, which grounded, progressive and careful. I am not looking for effects or states. I just follow my exploring mind to figure out the unknown. I don't care where I end up. I enjoy the process. That is all. Thanks.

Hello Nononothing,

and welcome to The Tao Bums :)

Your introductory post has been approved and you'll be able to post on the forum now. Please keep our
Terms and Rules in mind when participating here.

Good luck and all the best to you,

Yascra

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums. An interesting first post.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang

Sign in to follow this