Sign in to follow this  
Wu Ming Jen

Videos you like.

What are some videos that you have seen and Inspire you?. I am always searching around and thought this would be a great resource to find some new to me and interesting things.

I will start with a couple

and http://youtu.be/YZA_f0vAerA

Thanks

That first one I have bookmarked.

It's one of my all time fav's.

• Like 1

Wudang TaiYi Qigong(武當太乙氣功)
Thanks WMJ...

Sorry, I have to open my big mouth again. :o:D

Let's learn how to read the title with the basics. What make this type of Chi Kung is so special....???
1. Chi Kung(氣功) indicates an exercise method which involves in breathing and movements.
2. It was originated from Wudang(武當).
3. It was called Taiyi(太乙) is because of the one of a kind of a specific type of movements which made it unique.

For that being said, anyone can come up with a different unique set of movements and gave it a name. It is still Chi Kung, regardless what one calls it. In other wards, Chi Kung is Chi Kung, even one called it Kunlun, phoenix, dragon or tiger. It accomplishes one, and only one, purpose is to make the body healthier. The only difference is the unique set of movements. Thus I wouldn't doubt that one style is better than the other. IMMHO.

Note:
One might say that breathing has nothing to do would Chi Kung. One will be surprised what one had been missing.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing the videos so far. Great to see some new stuff, Great respect to all the old school guys they serve as inspiration as we age and demonstrating incredible skill.

Vitalii, When where you at Mount Wudang? I usually go in late August and if you do not mind me asking what school do you attend when you are there?

Thanks Chi Dragon, I practice Taiyi from WuDang. I also realize that one style is not better than another and chi gung is chi gung no matter what it might look like.

Great post Thanks for sharing

• Like 2

Vitalii, When where you at Mount Wudang? I usually go in late August and if you do not mind me asking what school do you attend when you are there?

I visit Wudang with my students for retreat practice in April and October every year.
We do not attend school there, although I know some Wudang masters and we can drink some tea together.
  • Like 1

I visit Wudang with my students for retreat practice in April and October every year.
We do not attend school there, although I know some Wudang masters and we can drink some tea together.

Nice, maybe in October we could meet up. Do you stay on the mountain or in town? I Stay across the street and down the hill from Purple Heaven Palace.

• Like 1

Nice, maybe in October we could meet up. Do you stay on the mountain or in town? I Stay across the street and down the hill from Purple Heaven Palace.

I live in the mountains near Nanyang Palace.

I will be glad to meet you :)

• Like 1

Any Tai Ji practitioner would like to comment on the last remark....???

It looked outstanding to me.

I'm no TaiChi player though.

Unless we do it ourself, none of us can truly know what's happening on the inside.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I think we had went through this once before elsewhere. Let's keep the integrity of the OP by not trying to derail this thread.

I quite like this as something a bit different.

It's clear that he has a high level of skill.

Fast Tai Ji(快太極) is the second level of Tai Ji. The first level is to be familiar with the forms by doing slowly. At the same time, it develops the internal breathing process as it goes along . After all the forms are being familiarized, then the second level is to go faster and the arm movements are at the shorter distance. At this level, the muscles may be not as relaxed as in the first level in order to fajin(發勁).

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

That 24 form wasn't that great actually. It lacked internal cohesion. Eg: issuing from the arms rather than the root. It looked pretty though.

Jin may be issued from the any part of the body rather than from the root. The root is the foundation of the stance for the body to stay put on the ground to maintain balance. If you have noticed the movement of her foot in the video. At the beginning of the video, her foot turns 45 degrees outward before she moves forward to keep her balance with one leg. Indeed, that is where the root is.

Edited by ChiDragon

Sign in to follow this