hagar

Countermeasures after eye surgery

My partner had a dislocation of her retina, which really sucked, and had to have 3 surgeries.

She has had a healing from my teacher, but since she had to remove the glass body of her eye she feels that the energy is either cold, leaking or unharmonious in the entire left side of her head, and wonder if there is possible nerve damage. The eye is a central thing neurologically, but are there simple stuff or treatment that may, energy-wise counter or at least reduce the symptoms she is strugglig with.

Any advice?

h

My partner had a dislocation of her retina, which really sucked, and had to have 3 surgeries.

She has had a healing from my teacher, but since she had to remove the glass body of her eye she feels that the energy is either cold, leaking or unharmonious in the entire left side of her head, and wonder if there is possible nerve damage. The eye is a central thing neurologically, but are there simple stuff or treatment that may, energy-wise counter or at least reduce the symptoms she is strugglig with.

Any advice?

h

I see no one has replied

I don't clearly understand what your question is

"Healing from your teacher" = Questionable?

Get her to a Qigong Doctor. If the problem is energetic it will be able to help.

I see no one has replied

I don't clearly understand what your question is

"Healing from your teacher" = Questionable?

Not questionable at all. She got a treatment that was as good as it gets. The question was more related to if anyone here has any knowledge of the implications of removing something from something as vital as the eye, and any simple and everyday tips that one can apply to counter the long-term effect of this procedure. The healing was very effective, yet it makes the actual mechanical issue of an intervention in the eye even more apparent. The natural flow of the qi is running up against something that is actually missing, more in line of what happens when you get a hip replacement. She does the practices and follows suggestions from my teacher, yet the actual eye is still in a pretty dire state, and in addition to that she wonders about the long term implications of such a surgery.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Beyond me.

Get her to a Qigong Doctor. If the problem is energetic it will be able to help.

As said above, this is more of a TCM question; she is feeling alot of coldness is coming up and in addition to that she struggles with the neurological after-effects of the procedure.

Hello hagar. I'm so very sorry to hear of this malady. I'm sure the healing you got and the tips were optimal. How to compensate for absence of presence, is that the energetic question? It's a very good question and must have been addressed by others. I wonder if Michael Lomax might have useful input.

Thanks Cat. That is probably the question. M. Lomax; not familiar with him...

Not questionable at all. She got a treatment that was as good as it gets. The question was more related to if anyone here has any knowledge of the implications of removing something from something as vital as the eye, and any simple and everyday tips that one can apply to counter the long-term effect of this procedure. The healing was very effective, yet it makes the actual mechanical issue of an intervention in the eye even more apparent. The natural flow of the qi is running up against something that is actually missing, more in line of what happens when you get a hip replacement. She does the practices and follows suggestions from my teacher, yet the actual eye is still in a pretty dire state, and in addition to that she wonders about the long term implications of such a surgery.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Beyond me.

As said above, this is more of a TCM question; she is feeling alot of coldness is coming up and in addition to that she struggles with the neurological after-effects of the procedure.

The body / Qi is resilient

If you get a tooth pulled, wisdom teeth, appendix, gall bladder, tonsils removed, etc - the energy will eventually re-route

the brain circuitry does this all the time

learning, addiction, memory etc

IMO

If you have any tentative advice or suggestions please PM me =)

The healing didn't go to 100% so there is still healing to be done.

There are some non-physical issues that can be removed if so desired.

For the mechanical part, I have no idea.

He posts here as YaMu. Chris d, who posted above, is trained in healing, the yuen method. It is a good method, which has helped me and others here. I have some memory that significant success with EFT has taken place for those that have lost limbs, and who suffer phantom itching and aching etc. A neurological bridge may be able to be created with intent and tapping.

Thank you Cat =)

The body / Qi is resilient

If you get a tooth pulled, wisdom teeth, appendix, gall bladder, tonsils removed, etc - the energy will eventually re-route

the brain circuitry does this all the time

learning, addiction, memory etc

IMO

Thanks.

In theory this is also what I uphold, yet experience so far with my gf is to the contrary. It seems that removing something, abit like what Cat was mentioning, i.e the presence of absence is far worse than a malfunctioning something, chi-wise.

This is confirmed by my teacher. Yet at a more general level, neuroplasticity, reconfiguration of both chi and neural pathways, should be stronger than the leakage that is there now. What cannot happen is a regeneration of the actual glass body in the eye, since the cells do not regenerate. But I´m working on regenerating a tooth from the inside out. Maybe it´s an intention thing.

I guess that a more fundamental question emerges; how much should one trust one´s own eclectic search for answers, and how much should one settle for the answers from teachers. It´s actually a pretty deep issue: the trust in tradition and lineage, and the (at times) renegade search for truth everywhere and anywhere.

h

Any advice?

h

I'm sorry to say that I don't have any meaningful advice to offer.

I will keep both of you in my heart and mind in my daily practice and prayers.

One of the most dramatic cases resolving a very severe eyesight condition exacerbated by surgeries I know of is that of Meir Schneider, who now teaches a whole bunch of techniques he first successfully used on himself. I looked into his material years ago and don't remember the details, but there was a distinct qigong flavor to some of his practices, applied to the eyes specifically. Here's from the website: http://self-healing.org/meir-schneider/

Born Blind

Meir Schneider, PhD. LMT, was born with cataracts and other serious vision problems to deaf parents. After five unsuccessful surgeries on the lenses of his eyes, which left them shattered and filled with scar tissue, doctors pronounced his condition hopeless and he was certified permanently legally blind. He performed his reading and schoolwork in Braille. Inside, he never relinquished his dream of gaining sight.

At age 17, Meir learned the Bates Method of eye exercises. He practiced them with a diligence that probably no one had ever applied to them before, up to 13 hours a day, undeterred by the opposition and skepticism of family and physicians. To this he added his own regimen of self-massage and movement.

Learning to See

Within six months, he could recognize visual objects for the first time in his life; within 18 months, he could read print without glasses, holding the paper a few inches from his nose. Today, he holds a current unrestricted California driver’s license, and his vision continues to improve. From 20/2000 (able to see from one foot what a normally sighted person sees from 100 feet) to 20/60 (70% of normal vision)!

• Like 2

One of the most dramatic cases resolving a very severe eyesight condition exacerbated by surgeries I know of is that of Meir Schneider, who now teaches a whole bunch of techniques he first successfully used on himself. I looked into his material years ago and don't remember the details, but there was a distinct qigong flavor to some of his practices, applied to the eyes specifically. Here's from the website: http://self-healing.org/meir-schneider/

Born Blind

Meir Schneider, PhD. LMT, was born with cataracts and other serious vision problems to deaf parents. After five unsuccessful surgeries on the lenses of his eyes, which left them shattered and filled with scar tissue, doctors pronounced his condition hopeless and he was certified permanently legally blind. He performed his reading and schoolwork in Braille. Inside, he never relinquished his dream of gaining sight.

At age 17, Meir learned the Bates Method of eye exercises. He practiced them with a diligence that probably no one had ever applied to them before, up to 13 hours a day, undeterred by the opposition and skepticism of family and physicians. To this he added his own regimen of self-massage and movement.

Learning to See

Within six months, he could recognize visual objects for the first time in his life; within 18 months, he could read print without glasses, holding the paper a few inches from his nose. Today, he holds a current unrestricted California driver’s license, and his vision continues to improve. From 20/2000 (able to see from one foot what a normally sighted person sees from 100 feet) to 20/60 (70% of normal vision)!

Wonderful!

n

• Like 1

I had similar surgery about 12 years ago. They removed vitreous humor which is thick jelly like fluid in back of eye, lasered the retina down, then the back of the eye fills up with aqueous humor from front part of eye which is more watery and does not pull on the retina so much. My vision was basically okay within few weeks, but I really can sympathize. It seemed like it took forever for my perception and equilibrium to get better. Was just starting in qigong back then and did not really understand the energetics and perhaps I still don't. I wondered if I had a little stroke or if something happened with my inner ears after surgery just felt really off. Eventually got better, can't remember specifics but seemed like slowly over a year or 2. Still if I scan my body when relaxed a vague feeling of asymmetry. I did lose some peripheral vision and few years ago that got better, but now getting some cloudiness that maybe I should get checked. Really don't want doctors to mess with me again. I did use some bates methods techniques back when first happened and got some improvement in vision in both eyes, but have not continued or been very diligent in it. I think I will resume and try to learn more from the link on Meir Schneider too. Good wishes and energy to her and hope she can find some ideas to make recovery better and shorter.

• Like 2