Horus

Immortality & Crossing Over Question

This is particulary oriented to Taoist Immortality - but feel free to discuss other forms.

My Question:

Once one is Immortal and after the death of the physical body, can one still cross over (into the light)? Most people not having become Immortal would cross over - is this still an option for an immortal?

Say your spouse is not immortal but you are - would you still have the option to cross over to "be with them"?

I'm not after a discussion on the semantics of crossing over and being with - but feel free if you need to.

My question is about whether you still have that option?

It would likely depend a lot on what type of immortality you are talking about... physical, or spirit (but can still hang out here just fine). It would also likely depend on how you got there (to the point of immortality) as to whether you can move around.

• Like 1

It would likely depend a lot on what type of immortality you are talking about... physical, or spirit (but can still hang out here just fine). It would also likely depend on how you got there (to the point of immortality) as to whether you can move around.

OK, fair clarification.

Lets say spiritual immortality.

My Question then is about Taoist Immortality achieved via some form of nei gong. Whether that be creating the immortal embryo, or via other methods like fusion of yin/yang in the lower dantien. (Let's not get lost in the method semantics though - or what method works or not).

• Like 1

Hmmm, now that gets a bit tricky.... and keep in mind I'm at the point of logical reasoning and pontification, having never been there done that myself ;). From what I understand different systems, including Taoism, have fancy systems of where folks go after they are done here.... different folks go to different places for different reasons. So at a first guess, the 2 people would have to already be matches up in the where they would go in the first place sort of thing.

Then I figure for some spirit to go further on, or to elsewhere to be with someone else, they would have to have been quite the advanced cultivator to pull it off, to not have forgotten who they are, and so forth. Or perhaps all they have to do is stop cultivating, then they would move on as a regular spirit? If they had gotten to the whole immortality thing without purifying themselves first, they might get stuck here, or to stuck within themselves and their own reality sort of thing.

OK now time for someone who actually knows the answers to chime in :).

I was just taking some guesses based on a good pile of spirits I have met over the years....

• Like 1

This is particulary oriented to Taoist Immortality - but feel free to discuss other forms.

My Question:

Once one is Immortal and after the death of the physical body, can one still cross over (into the light)? Most people not having become Immortal would cross over - is this still an option for an immortal?

Say your spouse is not immortal but you are - would you still have the option to cross over to "be with them"?

I'm not after a discussion on the semantics of crossing over and being with - but feel free if you need to.

You mean an immortal still live like man and wife to have sex and all that...??? According to the Taoist mythology, as soon one become an immortal, one is disassociated with the human world. Thus your answer is no.

• Like 1

You mean an immortal still live like man and wife to have sex and all that...??? According to the Taoist mythology, as soon one become an immortal, one is disassociated with the human world. Thus your answer is no.

There are so many stories about immortals coming to teach mortals though....

There are also spirits who seem to have not enough trouble coming to visit the living still....

• Like 1

My Question:

Opening the Dragon Gate Wang Liping: speaks of various types of Immortals.

One night the Wayfarer of the Infinite taught Liping some practical principles of Taoist

exercise transmitted in their lineage: "Our ancestral teacher Wang Chongyang said there are five

classes of immortals. Ghost immortality is not worthwhile. It is not necessary to talk about human

immortals. Earth immortals remain in the world forever; spiritual immortals go from being into

nonbeing. Those who can disappear and appear unfathomably, have embodiment outside the body,

and can double their bodies, are called spiritual immortals. Celestial immortals are ranked even

higher than spiritual immortals

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

some immortals still live with society and have a family and all that, they arn't completely disassociated with human world

• Like 1

Thanks Chi Dragon, but no that is not what I meant.

Let's reframe the scenario:

Let's say I practiced Taoist Nei Gong. I achieved immortality (spiritual).

Upon physical death I either wasn't visited by the light to take me/cross over / or The light came and I didn't need to cross over (and didn't need to wander the earth feeding to stay here - ie not a lost soul). I'm spiritually immortal.

So, depending on my level of immortality - for the rest of my spouses tenure I would do what ever (leave it at that it's not my point).

When my spouse "dies" the light comes for her and she crosses with family into the light.

As an immortal - do I still have that option to cross over with her?

That's all I'm asking (at this stage).

Tiger gate lol? u mean dragon gate?

lol yeah :D

I should have copied and pasted the title too :ph34r:

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

Opening the Dragon Gate Wang Liping: speaks of various types of Immortals.

Celestial immortals can

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 2

Tiger gate lol? u mean dragon gate?

In reponse to Horus:

I honestly dont believe combining YIn/Yang in the LTD would result in immortality, but most people here would dissagree

yes, hence the disclaimer to not get caught in that.

I read a paper by a Jesuit trained Quantum Physicist that claimed that the ability to condense was the only requirement for immortality - so I'm open to both sides of the story, but also agree with SonOfTheGods quote that there are different levels of immortality.

Celestial immortals can enter the light freely and come back. Thats my understanding. While the spiritual immortal can't

Yes- celestial are ranked higher.

and spiritual immortals, thus:

He wrote, "If you want to see spiritual immortality, just get the

quintessential. What is most essential is to treasure vitality, circulate energy, and ingest elixir. That is

enough; not much is required. There are, however, relatively shallow and deep versions of these three

things. If you do not meet an enlightened teacher and do not go through intense effort, you cannot

know everything in a hurry."

• Like 3

Celestial immortals can enter the light freely and come back. Thats my understanding. While the spiritual immortal can't

Ok, nice thanks.

So, this begs the question - is it defined as to what is required to achieve Celestial Immortality?

Thanks Chi Dragon, but no that is not what I meant.

Let's reframe the scenario:

Let's say I practiced Taoist Nei Gong. I achieved immortality (spiritual).

Upon physical death I either wasn't visited by the light to take me/cross over / or The light came and I didn't need to cross over (and didn't need to wander the earth feeding to stay here - ie not a lost soul). I'm spiritually immortal.

So, depending on my level of immortality - for the rest of my spouses tenure I would do what ever (leave it at that it's not my point).

When my spouse "dies" the light comes for her and she crosses with family into the light.

As an immortal - do I still have that option to cross over with her?

That's all I'm asking (at this stage).

How would this be different than my mother who hung around me for a few years after she dies to make sure I was OK, then moved on afterwards?

• Like 1

Ok, nice thanks.

So, this begs the question - is it defined as to what is required to achieve Celestial Immortality?

gath

Become the light

Merge

with the light

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 1

I would *avoid* any light upon death.

That's the light that attracts moths and bugs and deer

hamster wheel

being a "god" means you decide where *you* go

IMO/IME

• Like 2

hamster wheel

IMO/IME

Why do I doubt one would start out as a Deity? I figure you'd start a bit lower on the food chain and work up ;).

• Like 1

How would this be different than my mother who hung around me for a few years after she dies to make sure I was OK, then moved on afterwards?

Thanks BaguaKicksAss. I appreciate your willingness to involve such heartfelt content - blessing on you both.

This would be the normal process that souls transit through as part of their integration into the light. The compassion of the universe sees to it that we have what we need.

Her love for you brings surged up my spine and tears in my eyes. infinite love for you she has..

• Like 1

Thanks BaguaKicksAss. I appreciate your willingness to involve such heartfelt content - blessing on you both.

This would be the normal process that souls transit through as part of their integration into the light. The compassion of the universe sees to it that we have what we need.

Her love for you brings surged up my spine and tears in my eyes. infinite love for you she has..

Perhaps love and a bond like that, is the answer to your question :).

• Like 2

Why do I doubt one would start out as a Deity? I figure you'd start a bit lower on the food chain and work up ;).

That's the thing.

Your "average" people- uninitiated, think the light is jesus god etc

and they take the bait

not that its bad per see, only that they do not have the vehicle to accelerate past this light

the light is the path that some seek, so of course they would go that way

if you read the tibetan book of the dead or egyptian book of the dead- these people have a whole story to tell

of course the later book is a ritual book, astral body of light / LUX

I don't want to follow the crowd as the majority is usually wrong IMO

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

gathering light

ok ill drop my favorite quote on evolution from a master i respect.

See the light

Become the light

Merge with the light

This is lovely. Simplicity.

But, it could be said that the same is said for "spirituality" as opposed to "Celestial Immortality"...

Can anyone define it more tangibly in terms of degrees or milestones? (hope that makes sense outside my head)

• Like 1

hamster wheel

IMO/IME

it's a fine line though isn't it?

Avoiding that light is also what souls do when they fear judgement - not realising it is only themselves their to judge them - and that the only judgement is "did you love enough?".

• Like 2