Pietro

Announcement: Time to Go for me

My dear friends I got up this morning, and I realised the time was full for greetings.

Everything changes, some changes are faster and more unexpected than others.

And some times a man finds the time has come to walk his talk. So I'm off. I decided it is not worth keep on trying to move this site in a more communal direction. It is not so, and it will not be so. And as always is in those cases, it could not have been clear to all from the beginning, or the site would not have grown to its present size. It's an old patter. Policies need to change, assumption need to be clarified, and everybody to discover who their administrator actually is (as opposed to who they believed it was).

And Sean Omlor is a good administrator. Good in Php, willing to learn what he ignores, with lot's of constructive ability and plenty of time to devote to the site. I wish I was half that good. He is also the kind of person who keeps a definive hand on the reins, which is not that bad. Sometimes.

Yet's it's just not my style. There is something that I have a problem in feeling completely confortable with. Something on the way in which decisions need to be adressed for his approval. And more than that, because it is on a whole other level the way in which he does not stick to his own word, but to what he realizes being his idea before he gave his word, well, all this feels to me like nails over a blackboard.

I still have no doubt that he will always do what he think it is the best for the site. But how much can a human being alone know, and why would other help, if they will be inferriors? And that's where his point of view and mine diverge. He obviously thinks that an administrator that changes his word is the best for his site. I don't.

So the system administrator might change his word, but I will not change mine: I'm off.

I wish I could say that I thought it would have been different, but, alas, the rapidity with which the first decisions were taken, were for me already a signature of the wrist that was driving the cart.

I wish you all lots of luck

Tao Bum Bum

Pietro

Bye Pietro. I haven't a clue what you are talking about in most of your farewell post here. But I genuinely hope that one day soon you find a place where your idealism intersects with reality. :rolleyes:

Tao Bum Bum

Pietro

2162[/snapback]

I don't like this type of forum either... too complicated. Why can't we just have

something simple, like HT format, so I don't have jump from page to page?

Blogs, wiki, articles.............. who needs all this shit? Do we have so much mental

garbage that we have to bring it here and hang it like a pair of your dirty underwear? :o

I see it's too late to change anything.

"Simplicity" is a good word. In meditation, and in your daily life.

International Sign of Marriage

MarriageSign.jpg

MASTER MAHAEJACCULATOR, WHERE *CAZZO* DO YA THINK YA BE GOIN???

LOOK WHY DONT YA SET UP DA WIKKI ON YER OWN WEB SITE AT PIETROSPERONI.IT THAT WE CAN LINK TO FROM IN HERE, SO THAT DA ORRIGINAL IDEA O CRYSTALLIZIN DA COOL SHIT INTO DA TAO WIKKI CAN CONTINUE??

LOOK DONT BE A PERMALLOSO, DA TAO BE BIGGER THAN PHP N WINDOWS, DA REAL PROBLEM BE, YA *DONT KNOW HOW TO SET UP FREEBSD*!!!!

AARRGGHHAARRGGHHAARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN A SENSE, THIS BE A NEMESIS. WHO KNOWS WHEN IT STARTED? WHO KNOWS WHAT ME BE TALKIN ABBOUT???

ONCE ONE SPLITS FROM DA SOURCE, DA SPLIT TAKE A LIFE O ITS OWN N PERPETTUATES ITSELF. THATS HOW DA WORLD O 10,000 THANGS BE GENNERATED.

BUT TO RETTURN TO DA SOURCE, ONE MUST STOP DA SPLIT.

IT'S DA *MATRIX* MENTALITY CREEPIN BACK INTO DA PROGRAMED MINDS. TECHNICALITIES BECOME DA END, DA *TRUE* END BE FORGOTEN.

SO LISTEN HERE'S DA DEAL: GET DA WIKKI UP ON YER SITE N SEAN CAN LINK IT FROM HERE SO ONE CAN KEEP ARGUIN ABOUT EJACULATTION VS NON-EJACCULATION .

E QUE CAZZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RONNIETSU MAHALINGAM CAGLIOSTRO

My dear friends I got up this morning, and I realised the time was full for greetings.

And some times a man finds the time has come to walk his talk. So I'm off. I decided it is not worth keep on trying to move this site in a more communal direction. It is not so, and it will not be so. And as always is in those cases, it could not have been clear to all from the beginning, or the site would not have grown to its present size. It's an old patter. Policies need to change, assumption need to be clarified, and everybody to discover who their administrator actually is (as opposed to who they believed it was).

And Sean Omlor is a good administrator. Good in Php, willing to learn what he ignores, with lot's of constructive ability and plenty of time to devote to the site. I wish I was half that good. He is also the kind of person who keeps a definive hand on the reins, which is not that bad. Sometimes.

Yet's it's just not my style. There is something that I have a problem in feeling completely confortable with. Something on the way in which decisions need to be adressed for his approval. And more than that, because it is on a whole other level the way in which he does not stick to his own word, but to what he realizes being his idea before he gave his word, well, all this feels to me like nails over a blackboard.

I still have no doubt that he will always do what he think it is the best for the site. But how much can a human being alone know, and why would other help, if they will be inferriors? And that's where his point of view and mine diverge. He obviously thinks that an administrator that changes his word is the best for his site. I don't.

So the system administrator might change his word, but I will not change mine: I'm off.

I wish I could say that I thought it would have been different, but, alas, the rapidity with which the first decisions were taken, were for me already a signature of the wrist that was driving the cart.

Tao Bum Bum

Pietro

2162[/snapback]

But Sean,

Is there any way to view the training blogs in the old-style format? I don't enjoy having to click on the "comments" bar just to read someone's comments (although I'm sure I'll get used to it).

Re Pietro's comment, I'm not exactly sure what he means in his farewell either, but probably he's referring to his poll and posts about WP Press 1.5.

As far as I understand the situation, Pietro was hawking a particular blog/product (Greek to me), and you responded to his initiative unenthusiastically. He then reminded you of his/our/your "group" ideals and promises, but you never answered that post. And without any group discussion and/or warning, you then installed a wonderful but completely different package.

I guess that has made Pietro feel a little burnt.

I imagine your expressing your wish that 'he one day soon finds a place where his idealism intersects with reality' hasn't helped.

Personally, I think you're doing a wonderful job. And by nature I'm more autocratic than communal. And I'm not particularly attracted to the big blog wet dream either. But the merits of your/anyone's selection don't seem to be the point, particularly regarding Pietro's complaints. How do you see the situation?

To Pietro: why draw stupid little lines in the sand? Now you've got to go, or eat your words. Pretty silly either way, but I hope you'll stay.

Meat to you all, except the vegetarians.

Trip

Bye Pietro. I haven't a clue what you are talking about in most of your farewell post here. But I genuinely hope that one day soon you find a place where your idealism intersects with reality.

Not a problem, but please let me clarify point by point so you know what am I refering to:

And some times a man finds the time has come to walk his talk.

Here I am refering to the fact that not so long ago I said: if this is going to be your personal site I would be off.

Strangely enough the thread where I said so was not copied.

Can you magically wave hands and make it appear again.

So I'm off. I decided it is not worth keep on trying to move this site in a more communal direction.

Here I am refering to the fact that I have always seen this site as a common site, and not just your personal site. It started as such with Me and Max and Plato and Ron discussing.

It is not so, and it will not be so.

And as always is in those cases, it could not have been clear to all from the beginning, or the site would not have grown to its present size.

This is important:

When we started we had the idea of doing our site. Not your site. We discussed together. When I said, the voting should be so and so. you tested, and went: crap it does not do as you asked. You were so helpful. You didn't say I will do this site, and it will be my site, and I will decide what goes in (invasion board, ...) and what goes out (wiki,...). Because you know that if you were to say so not one person would have joined you. (exception made for Leszlie)

So instead you presented it as you taking care for the community, following the guide of the community.

It's an old patter. Policies need to change

Many sites seem free, with a free policy. But often policies let the owner change it. Policies that let the site administrator do it, without any limit are equivalent of a scam, becuase are no policy at all. For example the GNU would never let you change the copyright or some code that has been released as GNU.

, assumption need to be clarified,

We assumed was our site. You clarified that.

and everybody to discover who their administrator actually is (as opposed to who they believed it was).

Nice to meet you Sean.

And Sean Omlor is a good administrator.

Now aI speak about you strictly from atachnical point of view:

Good in Php, willing to learn what he ignores, with lot's of constructive ability and plenty of time to devote to the site. I wish I was half that good. He is also the kind of person who keeps a definive hand on the reins, which is not that bad. Sometimes.

Yet's it's just not my style.

Since it is not my style, and yet I recognise that technically you are ok, then what is the problem?

There is something that I have a problem in feeling completely confortable with.

first:

Something on the way in which decisions need to be adressed for his approval.

And more than that, because it is on a whole other level the way in which he does not stick to his own word, but to what he realizes being his idea before he gave his word, well, all this feels to me like nails over a blackboard.

This is important. In the thread that I seem to have so much difficulty in finding you expressedly agreed:

Dear Sean, I think this is a sort of basic way to say the community comes first, and even if you have a position of legal power you shouldn't use it unless it is absolutley legally necessary. And since evrything change, you should feel free also not to be bound to it. If you need to step down for a period, we should all take turns.

Agreed Pietro.

Funny how this particular thread didn't made it.

As such we had your word that you were not going to decide above our head.

But now you have changed, here:

6) WHY DO I HAVE TO PUT UP A CASE TO SAVE DA WIKKI? SHOULDNT IT JUST BE ENUFF TO KNOW THAT *ONE* TAOBUM LIKES IT?

BUT THEN WAIT, WHY DO WE NEED MODDERATORS IN A TAO BUM FORUM? DIDNT WE LEAVE DA HT FORRUM BECAUSE IT GOT TOO MODERRATED?

Not really. That is Pietro-speak. TaoBums isn't Pietro's socio-political experiment. It's also not really a democracy. It's just a forum I started to meet a need I saw. I want to make everyone happy. I do. But I am not the slave of every member here's whim. Sorry.

No Sean, this is not Pietro Speak. I don't speak in caps lock. I have no need for that. That was Ron Jeremy. Who incidentally was agreeing with me. But you should read the author of a post.

The problem is not about being a slave, but about offering a service. And if you don't feel like, letting other people do the work, and letting them have the 'gasp' password. So that it's not just your toy.

You might have been nice and kind in the beginning, but the way in which all the key elements: who buys the name, who puts on the site, who owns the site, who is legally responsible, were always taken by you very rapidly, which were to me a clear sign of the direction the site would have been going. Unfortunately at the time I could not blow the whistle without seeming so unfair.

Tao Bum Bum

As a bum to the Tao Bums I took the name Tao Bum Bum

So, I hope I could clarify every line I wrote.

P.S. Sorry for all the colors but this great new board would not let me make a 'quote'

I don't like this type of forum either... too complicated.  Why can't we just have

something simple, like HT format, so I don't have jump from page to page?

Blogs, wiki, articles.............. who needs all this shit? Do we have so much mental

garbage that we have to bring it here and hang it like a pair of your dirty underwear?  :o

I see it's too late to change anything.

Of course it's too late!. That's the point of doing things first and discussing later. Personally I think the forum is ok. But there is no threaded view, after all it was only a minority who wanted it.

SO LISTEN HERE'S DA DEAL: GET DA WIKKI UP ON YER SITE N SEAN CAN LINK IT FROM HERE SO ONE CAN KEEP ARGUIN ABOUT EJACULATTION VS NON-EJACCULATION

How can I make a deal? Deal with whom? With someone who changes like the moon? Who says yes in the morning and no in the afternoon?

man you such a whinger.

i dont really know you or any of you.... but whats the big deal really? the fact that the person who put this site together, as a place for y'all to discuss things, decided to change things as he likes.

generally thats the way things work, the owner of something changes it as he/she likes, with a website the owner of the website does as they like.... of course if you don't like it you just stop visiting. who pays the money to have this site registered? and who pays the money to have this site hosted? (no really, who does, i dont know). but unless it's you, then really there is no point whinging so much, you know you are trying to get a "im sorry, ill change it all back for you" kind of response or else you wouldn't have bothered with that "im off, please try and stop me" kind of post.

but what are achieving by whinging so hard like that? is it beneficial to your taoist practices? are you speaking from an emotionally balanced place?

It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the first taobum board, I'm sure it'll feel natural soon.

Maybe in a couple of weeks, we can start posting "technical tips" in the support board to help us use the new features. I look forward to the live chat! I'm sure there will be plenty of cyber-transvestites to go around for all of us.

We'll all miss you, Peitro. Be sure to email sometimes! I'll let you know if my big toe ever gets lucky.

-Yoda

Just checked Lo-Fi out. Can you make posts threaded when I open a specific topic from the list?

# Pinned: Resources: Books, Links, Articles, Movies, etc. (15 replies)

# Caffeine Experiment (5 replies)

# TRADDITIONAL CHINESE MEDDICINE ? (1 replies)

# Lin's Links (7 replies)

# Fasting in chuang tzu (5 replies)

# sungazing notes (15 replies)

# master of your domain? (3 replies)

# OK TESTIN DA FORUM (2 replies)

# 3 amigos - get low (0 replies)

It seems to have no alternative but linear view. Thanks.

Hey, as Scott Sonnon would say, don't stay Stuck In Simplistic Stupidity. You need to DeSISSify from the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) paradigm of "American Buddhism for Dummies".

As for Scott Sonnon, he is always saying stuff.

WHATS DA FUKIN POINT FOR A TAO BUM TO DO *ANY* THANG, REALY???

OK, LOOK EVERYBODY, DA BIGGEST #1 PROBLEM FOR HUMANS TODDAY BE CALLED, "OBLIVION".

WHATS OBLIVION: IT BE: FORGETTIN WHAT DA FUCK ONE WAS TO DO.

NOW NOW AS YALL BY NOW I HOPE KNOW, DA THUGS UP THERE MAKE THANGS WORSE BY MALICIOUSLY POISONIN DA BODIES N MINDS OF HUMANS VIA CHEMTRAILS N OTHER SHIT. SO THAT MEANS WE GOTTA BE ALL TOO WARY O LOSIN DA THREAD N FORGETTIN WHAT DA FUCK WE WERE TO DO.

SO AS FAR AS BEIN A TAO BUM BE CONCERNED, DA # 1 REASON FOR ANY TYPE O PROLLONGED EFORT THAT TAKES ANY LONGER THAN TAKIN A SHIT, BE ONLY ONE:

CULTIVVATION.

I KNOW THATS HARD TO REMMEMBER. BUT FOR A *REAL* TAO BUM, DA ONLY PURPOSE O EXISTENCE BE : CULTIVVATION.

SO ALL THESE TOYS N GAMES N SQUALRRELLS N WHINGERRIN (WHAT A COOL TERM FROM DA LAND O DA SHEEPSHAGERS!! THANKS TO DA AUSSIE TAO BUM OVER THERE FRO REMMINDIN ME ABOUT IT!!!!), WELL ALL THESE STOOPID ACTIONS N EFFORTS N GAMES CAN ONLY BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY INSOFFARAS THEY LEAD TO DA ONLY WORTHY EFORT FOR A TAO BUM: CULTIVVATION.

SO TO DA TAO BUM MASTER SEAN I SAY: FIRST, SEND ME A BIKINI PIC O YER SISTER, SECOND, DEVVELOPIN DA WEB SITE SHOULD *NOT* DEPPRIVE YA O TIME N ENNERGY FOR *YER* CULTIVVATION WHICH BE DA ONLY THANG THAT ULTIMMATELY WILL MATTER WHEN YA WILL MEET YER FATE.

PLUS, TO DA MAESTRO MAHAEJACULLATOR PIETRO I SAY: FIRST, YA NEVER EXPLAINED ME WHAT QUATTERNIONS BE, N UNTIL THEN, YA GOTTA STICK ARROUND N KEEP WORKIN ON DA WIKKI, SECCOND, LOOK DONT TAKE TOO SERIOUSLY WHAT *OTHERS* DO, BECCAUSE EVEN *IF* OTHERS BEHAVED IN PERFECT AGGREEMENT WITH YER IDEALS FOR HUMMANITY, THAT STILL WOULD ACHIEVE *JACKSHIT* AS FAR AS DA ONLY THANG THAT ULTIMMATELY WOULD MATTER TO YA WHEN YA MEET *YER* FATE, VIZ, CULTIVVATION.

SO LOOK LETS NOT TAKE THIS SHIT TOO SERIOUSLY TO DA POINT TO BELIEVE THAT A WEB SITE BE WOTHRY MORE THAN A TAO BUM FART (= 2 TAO BUMMESS FARTS). LETS MEDDITATE ON WHAT THAT SONUVABITCH, GURDJEFF SAID, THAT EXISTENCE SIMPLY *SUCKS YA OUT* O YERSELF IN DA SIGGARETTE YA SMOKE OR DA FINE ASS YA STARE AT ON DA STREET.

SO LETS NOT LET A FUCKIN WEB SITE SUCK OUT OUR CHI IN SUCH WASTEFUL N USELESS WASTE O SPERM POWER OR PUSY POWER FOR THAT MATER. LOOK DEATH BE FOR REAL, WHEN IT COMES ALL ENNERGY WASTE WILL BE REGRETED.

RONNIETSU

SO ALL THESE TOYS N GAMES N SQUALRRELLS N WHINGERRIN (WHAT A COOL TERM FROM DA LAND O DA SHEEPSHAGERS!! THANKS TO DA AUSSIE TAO BUM OVER THERE FRO REMMINDIN ME ABOUT IT!!!!),

2210[/snapback]

the land of the sheep shaggers is new zeleand. we root kangaroos here... they a lot more difficult and require a lot more skill to root than some docile sheep, with their bouncing an all...

Pietro

I will be sorry to see you go. You have contributed a lot of good posts to this board since the start, and would have still more to contribute if you'd stay.

As one of the few members with an advertised web site, I think you were always going to be one of the most vocal in terms of what this site should looke like, how it should run, what software should be loaded etc. Knowing the alternative softwares available, you were bound to have more of an opinion than me (who knows nowt about nowt)

I can see your desire for a group-led site, with no imposed administator, just one to implement the will of the group, as judged by polls etc. That would be nice in an ideal world.

However, I think that in an online community consisting of people who (on the whole) have never met each other, and possibly never will, there does have to be someone who is clearly in charge of the site, and who finally makes the decisions. There would come a point when it would be impossible to please everyone, and even if the majority's will is done, then that would leave a minority on any issue who would feel hard done by.

I think that Sean has done a fantastic job of creating the site in the first place, responding to suggestions, requests, bugs etc, and I cannot help but see this as his site (in so far as the payment, the legal ownership etc). I am not a webhead, I know little about the technologies, softwares or options that could have been used instead, and so I at least have been happy to use the site as presented.

I think that you can see the will of the group manifested through this site, and that anything that Sean has "imposed" (such as the new board and structure) has been of benefit and for good reason.

As the administrator (in the sense of one who is reponsible for updates), Sean needs to install whichever software etc makes his life easier.

With the single exception of your departure (and a few hours of us all getting used to the changes) I can see no harm done to this community by anything that has happened so far (though I admit that I have never been as much at the core as you and others).

I wish you well in the future, and I hope to read your future posts, either here or elsewhere.