tendou

best time for sleep.

We need 8 hours sleep each night.

Daytime naps are a bonus.

Worst time to fall sleep is whilst meditating.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Worst time to fall sleep is whilst meditating.

If you are meditating while walking in the park, yes.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

Yeah, some things don't need be talked about much. We just do them. Like breathing.

Not if you do Chi Kung......one must talk about the UMB.

If you are meditaing while walking in the park, yes.

I don't meditate while walking; only when I am sitting or standing.

What do you think is the best time for sleep?

The time of darkness where you are at- negative ionization

I think this is more in line with your thinking?

Sleep head/North

Full moon- on your back

• Like 3

The time of darkness where you are at- negative ionization

I think this is more in line with your thinking?

Sleep head/North

Full moon- on your back

Yes. Interesting. Never heard of the sleeping on your back during full moon. What is the benefit and at other moon phase which position are good? Or it doesn't really matter?

If for example it gets really dark at 8 pm until 6 am. then what is the optimum time, healthwise? because I want to incorporate practise at night time/ midnight/ or wee hour of the morning. So, which time is good to wake up practising and which time better for sleep.

• Like 1

Yes. Interesting. Never heard of the sleeping on your back during full moon. What is the benefit and at other moon phase which position are good? Or it doesn't really matter?

If for example it gets really dark at 8 pm until 6 am. then what is the optimum time, healthwise? because I want to incorporate practise at night time/ midnight/ or wee hour of the morning. So, which time is good to wake up practising and which time better for sleep.

You never heard of it because I just made that up lol

But seriously, like Feng Shui- there is order to chaos, and an order of the highest order

You can feel Qi more if you face West- but our bodies are polarised so sleeping in alignment to the poles is an occult truth

Depending on how much you sleep- 7-8 hours, I would meditate 2 hours after you ate, last-, then ground afterwards, so that you are not feeling the flow too heavy while you sleep.

On your back, especially after meditating- will promote OBE during heavy moon nights.

• Like 1

Haha. you got me there!

I usually got obe like symptom or obe when sleeping after meditation. Energetic sensation are also more pronounced. There is something special about the state between falling asleep and awake that makes it especially good for energy practise. Maybe thats why practising while the mind is in trance state or similar to trance state somehow seems more effective.

Have you or other here find that your need for sleep is lessened through practising meditation? I guess your mediattion must be deep to get this effect.

• Like 1

Haha. you got me there!

I usually got obe like symptom or obe when sleeping after meditation. Energetic sensation are also more pronounced. There is something special about the state between falling asleep and awake that makes it especially good for energy practise. Maybe thats why practising while the mind is in trance state or similar to trance state somehow seems more effective.

Have you or other here find that your need for sleep is lessened through practising meditation? I guess your mediattion must be deep to get this effect.

Mo Pai level 1

Meditation if deep alters brain waves similar to sleep

Sleeping on my right side does wonders. If I sleep on my stomach, I get congested with sinuses. If I sleep on my left side, I feel weird and can't stay asleep all night. The right side is just fine. Sleeping on the back is great but it stops my breathing at night.

left side sleep is bad because the weight of your body rests on the heart

shamans warn against this

• Like 1

for me personally between 9-10 pm, closer to 9.

i usually wake up around 4-5, i rise with the sun

no need for an alarm clock.

• Like 1

Yep, he reposed on his right side.

There are statues showing that.

There's a good lying down meditation position illustrated here in this free book.

Chapter 2 page 24....

http://www.throssel.org.uk/uploads/book/chaptertwo.pdf

On right side one hand under your head and left hand on left hip.

I find it is a very nice position to sleep in.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I wouldn't stick to a set pattern. I mean, I can't force sleep upon myself.

Sometimes I get 5 hours, or 6, or 9, or 10. It depends what my activities are like each week. Sometimes I use more energy one week and less another.

It all averages itself out in the end.