Tibetan_Ice

What exactly is "grasping"?

So well put I thought a reposting was worthwhile!

Deci is often spot on...

I miss her, eccentricity and all.

It seems this the subject of the comments has gone far afield from the OP.

Be that as it may…

This is why maintaining an unbroken continuity of subtle concentration in the midst of ordinary affairs is the highest meditation practice. It is also the easiest to maintain, once one has reached a general clarity of mind.

This is why formal meditation is considered a temporary expedient— i.e., one should not stick to solitary stillness and imagine this as arrival.

This is another post worth reposting.

If you have shifted or begun to shift into an awakened state a continuity of subtle concentration in stillness is a key to unfolding within the clarity.

This is another post worth reposting. If you have shifted or begun to shift into an awakened state a continuity of subtle concentration in stillness is a key to unfolding within the clarity.

Hence the emphasis on mindfulness in Buddhism, it is the mundane key that many of us take for granted.

• Like 1

So well put I thought a reposting was worthwhile!

Mostly wishful thinking

Edited by Paul

I am amazed at the number of "seekers" that disregard EVERY realized teacher they have ever read anything from.

I have never met or read from a realized teachers teaching that does not clearly state many times over that "awakening" is at hand - it can happen at any time - it does not Require years of practice - and we certainly know that people from all walks of life have attained it.

Yet - so many "seekers" and those that believe they are seeking completly remove this possibility to extreme remoteness or imposibility.

Rama Krishna became awakened and ran about hugging trees and crying uncontrollably - who among us would not write off this guy today as a nutjob?

We need to drop "what we know" and be in the present with that which is.

I am amazed at the number of "seekers" that disregard EVERY realized teacher they have ever read anything from.

I have never met or read from a realized teachers teaching that does not clearly state many times over that "awakening" is at hand - it can happen at any time - it does not Require years of practice - and we certainly know that people from all walks of life have attained it.

Yet - so many "seekers" and those that believe they are seeking completly remove this possibility to extreme remoteness or imposibility.

Rama Krishna became awakened and ran about hugging trees and crying uncontrollably - who among us would not write off this guy today as a nutjob?

We need to drop "what we know" and be in the present with that which is.

Most people will need to meditate.

I've read some of her posts. Sign me up into the fanboi club. At least until I read something stupid, when I'll be predictably having my falling out experience, as has happened to me numerous times. Until then, color me enchanted.

Here is his last post. I guess he liked poking other people in the eye more than getting poked himself...

http://thetaobums.com/topic/34819-psychic-vampires-and-concealing-gender/?p=547478

Here is his last post. I guess he liked poking other people in the eye more than getting poked himself... http://thetaobums.com/topic/34819-psychic-vampires-and-concealing-gender/?p=547478

How is this relevant? I sincerely do not give the slightest of fucks about anyone's gender or sexual orientation. I judge comments on their merit and not on the gender or sexual orientation of the author.

• Like 1

How is this relevant? I sincerely do not give the slightest of fucks about anyone's gender or sexual orientation. I judge comments on their merit and not on the gender or sexual orientation of the author.

I do not judge people by their gender, sexual preference. I really couldn't care less as long as they are up front about it. What I object to is deception, lying, badgering while posing as something that one is not in order to gain advantage and suck off energies from unknowing admirers.

I do not judge people by their gender, sexual preference. I really couldn't care less as long as they are up front about it. What I object to is deception, lying, badgering while posing as something that one is not in order to gain advantage and suck off energies from unknowing admirers.

Yea, I am not a fan of deception myself. I didn't realize someone was deceived. Due to my present circumstances I don't come here looking for romantic love, so the chances of me being deceived in a relevant way are low, luckily for me.

In any case, someone with character flaws can still make good contributions sometimes. :) One of my ex-best buddies is someone I consider a jackass and we haven't spoken to each other for a decade or more now, and I have no plans to start, but I'll be lying if I say I've learned nothing good from my jackass ex-friend. I wouldn't be who I am today without my friend's help in the past, even though now we don't even shit on the same acre of land.

It is not so black and white in Dharmic tradtions, and specifically in reference to Buddhism, terms such as "awakening" or "enlightenment" have become so arbitrary, they lack any significant meaning. There are nuances which these catch-all terms erase in respect to progression on the path and stages of insight.

• Like 1