i was recommended to start an energy practice and every recommendation i received was a form of qigong. now the thing that particularly bothered me about these suggestions was that the recommendation was always followed up by a gentle push to get an in person teacher. now i have no money or transportation. so upon me looking for more practices that didn't necessarily require a teacher, i arrived at the middle pillar book by regardie. i went out and found it at a used bookstore in the city.   now what i'm wondering, is beginning the lbrp (eventually the middle pillar), a sufficient replacement for an internal energy practice?   from what i've gleaned from the practice so far it seems to be a sound method, and works through blockages to eventually cleanly distribute energy and open up channels.   my plan is to begin practicing this book while slowly working towards getting into full lotus pose (hopefully by the end of this year)   is this a legitimate substitute for more mainstream energy practices? are there any drawbacks or negatives i should be aware of before proceeding?