Aetherous

Filling in the gaps of the spiritual type

Spiritual types, myself included, tend to view the world in a different sort of way from everyone else. To put it simply: I think we have a harder time understanding society and doing all that's required in it.

Here's an article that can help us fill in the gaps and make our lives easier and better, if followed:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

This thread can include all advice for the blind spots of spiritual practitioners, in general (these blind spots of course do not apply to all people with an interest in spiritual things).

• Like 2

I have read this persons writing before.

Its valid, but just not what I prefer.

It doesn't ring true with me, so I will not take on these beliefs of his.

• Like 1

Super spiritual here hence no blind spots at all.

Well, maybe some.

This thread for one, and then there's....................................... etc.

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Spiritual types, myself included, tend to view the world in a different sort of way from everyone else. To put it simply: I think we have a harder time understanding society and doing all that's required in it.

I think this is a great topic... but I think spiritual types have an easier time understanding society... it doesn't mean they agree with what is happening with the world at large but they do understand it.

When there is a gap in understanding, then I think it just means a transition period...

If you are truly one with all things then you understand all things way. JMO.

• Like 4

I agree, dawei. The closer I come to the Light the more natural and comfortable EVERYTHING becomes.

I think this is a great topic... but I think spiritual types have an easier time understanding society... it doesn't mean they agree with what is happening with the world at large but they do understand it.

When there is a gap in understanding, then I think it just means a transition period...

If you are truly one with all things then you understand all things way. JMO.

Yes. Spiritual types do see the world for what it is. Sometimes it is enjoyable, sometime it is contrived. But they just be...as they are. I'm slowly learning this - my teacher is like that. He just is who he is, no pretensions, no conformance. I draw inspiration from him.

• Like 1

Can you explain more, Dawei?

I am not sure how to break it down but understanding the actions/reactions of life is not just an observatory thing... we don't just react to it, we anticipate it. We know it.

When members talk of hate or kill themes.... I get it... they are transitory.... they see something... and that is real for them.

So there is an intermediate stage of life where we experience what is going on. But it is not true understanding.

True understanding is when we understand any comment.... as to its meaning and purpose...

• Like 3

Here's an article that can help us fill in the gaps and make our lives easier and better, if followed:

Somehow I found parts of the Surangama Sutra more useful for that purpose. Can hardly tell why.

Somehow I found parts of the Surangama Sutra more useful for that purpose. Can hardly tell why.

What parts?

I am not sure how to break it down but understanding the actions/reactions of life is not just an observatory thing... we don't just react to it, we anticipate it. We know it.

When members talk of hate or kill themes.... I get it... they are transitory.... they see something... and that is real for them.

So there is an intermediate stage of life where we experience what is going on. But it is not true understanding.

True understanding is when we understand any comment.... as to its meaning and purpose...

Man I am a long long way from there.

Many a time I don't even understand my own comments let alone anyone else's.

:)

• Like 2

Perhaps the point it was trying to get to is that the gaps mentioned in this topic are just fabrications of the discriminating mind :)

• Like 1